iboughtleosbooklist

Is my 1st person perceptual bubble all that exists?

18 posts in this topic

The answers I've been getting are not satisfying at all and it's driving me crazy.

Let's say right now I am in this kayak. Is this all that exists? Even if it's a movie projected on a cave wall.

OR, can I zoom out from these movie and see other movies playing concurrently.

Or is my perceptual bubble the whole universe?

What I think is going on is what Leo says in the radical implications of oneness video. God experiences each life one at a time. One perceptual bubble at a time.

Therefore this forum doesn't even exist. It's particularly hilarious because my current incarnation is a complete ?. This avatar is the furthest fucking thing from being God ?. And when I reincarnate it will still be this same perceptual bubble. It's so deeply beautiful, yet terrifying, yet the saddest shit ever. All God ever wanted was to imagine others. Why else go to such great lengths to imagine such a complex illusion?

If there are other perceptual bubbles happening right now, that would be THE COOLEST SHIT EVER, and it would be literal heaven!

first-person-e1459945501169.jpg

Well it’s not separate from all that exists. But it’s all that exists appearing as a 1st person perceptual bubble — which doesn’t prove that’s actually what it is.

It can appear as anything within the spectrum of infinity, but right now it's appearing as an unemployed human moron with a low IQ. God is quite the comedian it seems.

Edited by iboughtleosbooklist

Consciousness individuates infinitely.

Endless variations of The One exist. I am consciousness, too. All that exists is my experience. But what am I, really? I am YOU as well. So, for PERSPECTIVES - there are an infinite number.

My point is that you are not alone. Other perceptual bubbles ARE happening right now. Your experience is The Chosen One. To say that ONLY your experience exists is to cancel for example, mine. Which won't be true since the IDEAS of YOURS or MINE are an illusion.

God exists and your experience is IT. Plus, all the benefits of life ?

Greg

Edited by Eternal Unity
Nothing is real until it is experienced.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

But Greg, when I experience your life... there I am. I'll be experiencing life as your ego. All the memories of my current incarnation will be replaced with yours. But I'm still gonna end up as Greg wondering the same things. Really eternal solipsistic being is a curse. God has done it's best to make existence entertaining, but come on... nobody would sign up for this shit.

@iboughtleosbooklist Some would sign up. Not all.

Enlightenment is The Eternal Prize. You're okay with it all, it literally becomes heaven.

Whatever you choose as reality is experienced right then and there. For other bubbles to exist? Sure.

Solipsism? Done.

Oneness? Done.

Can I be many? I can.

This very discussion with myself is entertainment of the highest order.

?

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

27 minutes ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

OR, can I zoom out from these movie and see other movies playing concurrently

The movie is the moment-to-moment experience field, and since this field is infinite, by definition you CANNOT zoom OUT of it.

30 minutes ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

If there are other perceptual bubbles happening right now, that would be THE COOLEST SHIT EVER, and it would be literal heaven!

Therefore this thought is happening within your experience field, it cannot be otherwise.
Drop the bubble analogy, it can be misleading. Just notice that there are no "borders" to your experience beacuse the thought of a "border" is appearing in your experience!:)

Your perceptual bubble (consciousness) = your brain. Of course your brain isn't all that exists, but it is all you can perceive, by definition. The thing is, what's out there beyond your consciousness, is a mystery only indirectly deduced by your thoughts, based on whatever evidence it can get. Including your brain conceived of as a physical object

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

Does it seem like there is stuff going on outside your perspective? Like, does it seem like there's a me, with internal thoughts, talking to you? 

My point is, it doesn't matter whether or not there actually is a me, with internal thoughts, that you are not aware of.. as long as it seems like there is. 

Either there's just your perspective, in which is seems like there are other perspectives, or there are actually other perspectives. If you can't tell which it is (which you can't) then it doesn't matter which it is. 

Does this forum exist anywhere when you're aware of it? It doesn't matter, you see? 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

11 hours ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

It can appear as anything within the spectrum of infinity, but right now it's appearing as an unemployed human moron with a low IQ. God is quite the comedian it seems.

"an unemployed human moron with a low IQ" appears as thought based on all the negative feelings that bubble up. Let go of those feelings. They are not serving you.

11 hours ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

right now it's appearing as an unemployed human moron with a low IQ.

at least you go kayaking, don't complain! from the absolute point of view, time is an illusion, so one bubble after another, or all at the same time, is the same. there is no one after another. the question is, what is this bubble of perception? is what it seems? is something? I would say that infinite bubbles are only apparent. nothing is really happening! it's crazy. that's why everything seems a bit unreal. it seems that existence is a dead end, trapped in eternity trying to escape through infinite points of view

@iboughtleosbooklist This is something that I have deeply contemplated as well. At the highest level you could say other bubbles are imaginary, but I am wanting a deeper understanding from our human level. Do our bubbles of reality ever merge or overlap with each other? For example, if I attend a retreat or a concert am I still only experiencing my bubble or am I sharing my perceptual bubble with bubbles of the other people there? I have found evidence for both, so I haven't reached a definitive answer yet. 

Edited by Matthew85

15 hours ago, Matthew85 said:

For example, if I attend a retreat or a concert am I still only experiencing my bubble or am I sharing my perceptual bubble with bubbles of the other people there? I have found evidence for both, so I haven't reached a definitive answer yet. 

When you have a dream about a concert, and the characters in your dream are at a concert... is this dream about people at a concert 'evidence' that 'you are sharing a perceptual bubble with bubbles of the dream characters'?  

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

On 7/3/2021 at 3:57 PM, iboughtleosbooklist said:

The answers I've been getting are not satisfying at all and it's driving me crazy.

Let's say right now I am in this kayak. Is this all that exists? Even if it's a movie projected on a cave wall.

OR, can I zoom out from these movie and see other movies playing concurrently.

Or is my perceptual bubble the whole universe?

What I think is going on is what Leo says in the radical implications of oneness video. God experiences each life one at a time. One perceptual bubble at a time.

Therefore this forum doesn't even exist. It's particularly hilarious because my current incarnation is a complete ?. This avatar is the furthest fucking thing from being God ?. And when I reincarnate it will still be this same perceptual bubble. It's so deeply beautiful, yet terrifying, yet the saddest shit ever. All God ever wanted was to imagine others. Why else go to such great lengths to imagine such a complex illusion?

first-person-e1459945501169.jpg

@The0Self No me no problem lol 

@iboughtleosbooklist lol been stuck on this one for a minute. Self=other definitely one of the more confusing facets 

@iboughtleosbooklist the way I interprete it is, from my perspective, this is all happening fully and totally in my dream and from your perspective, it's all happening fully and totally in your dream. Your like the Neo of your Matrix and I'm the Neo of my Matrix. We exist outside of time and space so the character I'm playing now is you from the "future" or "past" and there could be a million years between us. Like there's this trippy portal thing happening. At the same time there is no future or past but just the illusion of one because this moment is all that exists. The next moment never comes. Whatever your conscious of, is Everything in existence. Whatever is in your immediate experience is the entire Universe.

Yes, you are real and everyone around you is equally real. Most of us know this intuitively, but what does it mean?

Consciousness is everything, including all that it creates. You are Consciousness, in a particular form of Self-expression. I am Consciousness in a different form of Self-expression. We are all Consciousness, expressing itself in myriad forms.

Whether you are awake or asleep doesn't make you more or less real. Your level of Self-awareness is important, but it doesn't change who you are. Your ultimate nature is always Consciousness.

People sometimes dismiss Maya, or relative reality, as unreal. It is still the same Consciousness, but in different states. Is H20 less real as ice, than as liquid, or as vapor? It is all the same H20, in different states.

To paraphrase below, know H20, know all. Regardless of its state, it is still and can only be H20. Consciousness creates forms to experience sensation, and within those forms it is still Consciousness. Regardless of whether it is asleep or awake, it is still real and it is always Consciousness.

Can there be anything not known to That
Who is the One in all? Know One, know all.
That through which one enjoys the waking
And sleeping states is the Self. To know That
As consciousness is to go beyond sorrow.

Those who know the Self as enjoyer of the honey from the flowers of the senses,
Ever present within, ruler of time,
Go beyond fear.

- Katha 2.1.3-5

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.