Raptorsin7

Would You Support Open Boarders

19 posts in this topic

Would you support open boarders to your country? 

There could still be vetting for criminals etc, but the basic idea would be if someone from another country wanted to come to your country they would be free to do so.

I'd be curious to hear a few reasons why you are either for or against this idea.

Speaking as a swede, it's an untenable politically. With open boarders you necessarily have a nationalistic backlash that then shuts the boarders completely. People with different value sets living together in the same system created friction. A good systems thinker prefers creating systems where friction is minimized.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

21 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

if someone from another country wanted to come to your country they would be free to do so.

They're already free to come here (UK) on holiday but may need a tourist visa. Covid restrictions excepted ofc. 

But maybe you mean come for any reason? Stay indefinitely? Get a job, start a business, pay tax, receive public services and benefits, vote, join the army, get a passport, etc? You see, if there's no restrictions at all then the whole system of public administration unwinds.  It might make sense in a globalised world if we simply did away with countries altogether. Or, like in the EU or USA do it in a regional way. 

So in practice there's a middle ground, people can enter with varying degrees of restrictions depending on their reasons to travel and the needs of the local area, like skill shortages. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

I don't have a position on pro or anti immigration. I would be against someone suggesting borders be abolished completely. 

My parents are immigrants. I spent plenty of time in Birmingham AKA Mini-Paksitan in my childhood, I saw the squalor and backwards culture of some people and thought "Uhhhhhh you know what, maybe we shouldn't let too many more in. Just a thought. JUST MAYBE I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN PAKISTAN LMAO" 

Now I don't think about it 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

It would not work at our current level of development.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That's a country-by-country thing.  E.g. regions like the Baltics desperately need immigrants of all kinds, even the undesirable kind.  Long term, numbers provide a massive benefit to a country, especially to one that's had negative population growth for decades.

But the UK is half indian/pakistani, and it's.. weird, lol.  Soon, it's gonna be more "British" to look Indian than European.  All the stages below Green are noticeably annoyed by this, so it's not ideal, but only a short term problem.

With open borders, many countries would become empty.

@StarfoxEpiphany You may not but you're caught in this liberal/conservative paradigm.

@Raptorsin7 I don't know if it would work or not, maybe people will keep it nice if it should happen or maybe we need to wait longer.

Edited by Windappreciator

Would you open your doors all the time for your neighbors to come in and use your house however they like?

Heck, I'm not even letting Leo into my house. Who wants a druggie psychopath blubbering about god on their couch?

If he brings a hot woman with a hot sidechick, now that's a different story. ;)

No.

Unfortunately it would cause the entire country to collapse.

It simply wouldn't work. The math wouldn't work.

There's of course a good reason why no one would open the borders completely. Not even Biden.

Edited by Blackhawk

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

Not even Biden.

Lol

As if Biden has even ever thought of doing that.

Not even Bernie Sanders would do it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Important thing here to realize is that Politicians don't take such big decisions independently. They have teams and groups of people working and calculating out every possibility. 

So just because your fav politician is in power, doesn't mean he will do what you want to happen.

I don't think it's practically doable right now, but I would love something like that in the future.

It'll be a difficult change to implement open boarders, as this would depend on many factors and infrastructures to support open boarders. If you can't tolerate a neighbor inching into your property and breaching your property line, it's not so hard to imagine how people at lower stages of development, namely stage blue to orange, to feel about opening boarders to people of different values. Probably not a good idea. 

On 06/07/2021 at 6:49 AM, thisintegrated said:

But the UK is half indian/pakistani, and it's.. weird, lol.  Soon, it's gonna be more "British" to look Indian than European.  

We haven't taken over the country that much you bloody racist! Not even close to half! {Census seems to say pak+ind is only around 4.5% in total}

I'll show you "weird".....It's the least we deserve after being colonised by them.

Jokes and my outrage aside. We're a sizeable presence yeah. I wouldn't want border control removed completely (which is not a possibility to happen anyway, so this says nothing about my pragmatic politics).

I have no position on immigration generally though, I can listen to arguments equally on either side. 

I'm grateful for the existence of immigration, means I wasn't raised in the third world. The dice roll of birth almost made it so 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

5 minutes ago, lmfao said:

you bloody racist!

^_______^

All I'll say is, I'm glad I don't live up north.

Edited by thisintegrated

3 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

^_______^

>:(

3 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

All I'll say is, I'm glad I don't live up north.

But yeah, it really be like that in some of those areas

On 6/27/2021 at 4:24 PM, Raptorsin7 said:

Would you support open boarders to your country? 

There could still be vetting for criminals etc, but the basic idea would be if someone from another country wanted to come to your country they would be free to do so.

I'd be curious to hear a few reasons why you are either for or against this idea.

Open borders can only happen once we remove the corruptions in the world.

This is why...

1st world nations occupy 2nd and 3rd world nations and make conditions bad so that the 1st world nations can extract resources and cheap labor. And this benefits mostly very wealthy billionaires and the heads of major industries who make money off those resources and cheap labor. 

And in order to keep the labor cheap, you have to keep that country poor and the citizens in a subjugated and desperate place where they're working for just pennies a day. And that way, businesses/corporations/industries in the 1st world can sell the items the poor people making pennies a day make for a huge return. 

So, if you open up the borders at this point, what you'll see is a mass exodus from the exploitative and squalid conditions of the 2nd/3rd world into the safer, freer, and more prosperous 1st world countries whose industries exploit them and keep them poor. 

And then, there wouldn't be all that cheap labor because the people of the 2nd/3rd world would be free to move wherever they want to. And this would make the standard of living in the 1st world drop, making the move from 2nd/3rd world to 1st world a moot point. 

So, unfortunately we're not at a stage where humanity has psychologically shifted towards community focus and living off the land. We have not yet learned to see the other as part of ourselves. And we have not yet criminalized this type of exploitation because the rich and powerful buy the politicians that makes the laws.

If/when we do make that psychological shift, open borders will be just fine.

But until then, our entire system is build off the backs of an exploited other. And opening those borders means that the exploited other can escape from exploitation much more easily. And the exploited other and their blood, sweat, and tears are the very bedrock of the current system. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org