SQAAD

Why we still keep Acting like we have Free Will?

80 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Even after 4 years of spiritual work i find myself acting and behaving like i have free will.

It's not about years... there is identifying with an illusion of separated 'I'... so, the question about free will arises.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

that is, all your entries come either from your free will or are completely determined by One Dreamer ....

cool anyway9_9

you merely delude yourself by claiming you are awake ... but god came here asleep and will stay asleep until he is good and ready to wake up

you can meditate all you please but respect the fact that god is not finished with his sleep time

you claim you are awake but is this your lived reality?

you claim you have free will / you act like you have free will because if you didn't you would be forced to admit yep, you aka god are fast asleep

(dont get me wrong, spiritual work is all good but you cannot be messing with the big man's sleep schedule)

@kinesin

18 hours ago, kinesin said:

You seem to be under the impression that a person who truly recognises the absence of free will would behave differently.  Why would that be the case?  You're a human being, so naturally you're going to do all the typical things a human being does like get mad, feel regrets etc.  Even after you recognise the lack of free will, you're still a human being.

Yes..that's a good point! My expectations are not realistic enough maybe.

@Mason Riggle

18 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

There are certain behaviors, of course, that were influenced by 'the belief in having free will', that change when that belief is dispelled.  For example, when it's recognized that no one is authoring their own thoughts, it ceases making sense to treat others as if they are personally responsible for being how they are, and so things like 'judgement' also stop making sense.. and so a being who is successful in consistently dispelling their own belief in 'free will', will be more successful at 'not judging'.. not because 'not judging' is a good thing to do.. but because the alternative no longer makes sense. 

There are many more benefits to realizing and embodying that free will is an illusion except from the judgement component.

What i've found is that now i am a LOT more liberated and less concerned when i talk to somebody or when i practicing something. I don't try to control anything. I just let things happen without any resistance and this is very freeing and beautiful when you no longer try to have agency over your actions and thoughts. It liberates you from a lot of anxiety and turmoil.

@SQAAD absolutely.  The cessation of 'judgement' is just one of benefits of dispelling the myth of 'free will'.  

The point is, you can't 'lose control of yourself' because you never had it. 'Free Will' was never the case to begin with.  Organisms can, however, if it occurs to them, lose the belief in the notion of 'free will', which will affect how those organisms behave. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

On 6/10/2021 at 10:37 AM, Mason Riggle said:

"Why we still keep Acting like we have Free Will?"

Because we have no choice! xD

Quick, do something spontaneous! Take that determinism!

@genandnic ?

Do something other than what you are about to do.. 

6 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@genandnic ?

Do something other than what you are about to do.. 

But what if the thing I'm about to do to show that was I going to do was not what was I was going to do before I thought I should do something different than what I was originally going to do ?

:/

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin then that was already what you were going to, and not the other thing.. 

If you say, 'I was about to go to the store, but then I went to the bank instead." then you were never actually about to go the store.. 

?

Think of raising your hand.

Now actually raise it.

Thinking of it makes it seem as if you have free will. But in actuality; there is no you to have free will. Nothing ever happened.

To question free will is paradoxical as fuck. It makes no sense.

@SQAAD rather than whether we have or have not a free will, think of it as god having infinite free will, and simultaneously being all powerful to the point where it had predetermined everything.

And there you have it, infinite free will meeting infinite determinism, both collapsing into themselves, because there is one thing that has complete freedom of choice, and that is god. Because freedom of choice can and must be present in the absolute infinity that we are. 

And at the same time, you have infinite wisdom and knowledge to predetermine everything that has ever and will ever happen. All that is included in infinity, and yet the freedom of will relives all those predetermined moments in a new way each time they’re experienced.

There is infinite free will operating in a life that is infinitely predetermined. 

If reality doesn't contain free will is it still "absolutely infinite"?

Let's start with a definition:

Will: the faculty by which a person decides on and initiates action.

From the enlightened pov, from the absolute pov, there is no such thing as person or action.

But no things exist in the absolute state.

From the relative state of existence, person and action do exist, as does the will.

Will is a subset of consciousness. A strong will has the ability to direct the attention of consciousness. A weak will does not have the ability to direct the attention of consciousness, resulting in consciousness simply responding to stimuli.

Will is a faculty that must be exercised like memory or imagination.

The will is only an illusion from the absolute state where nothing exists.

But you don't live in the absolute state, no thing does. You live in the relative state where the will does exists and it is absolutely necessary for the healthy functioning of consciousness.

The existence of the will is not a belief. The will can be perceived and experienced.

Stop believing that the will is an illusion. That's just another belief, and a very dangerous unhealthy belief.

And notice not once did I use the word free.

Cheers to health, wealth, peace and love 

Edited by TreyMoney

It's so simple.. everything is happening and no one is 'doing it'. 

5 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

It's so simple.. everything is happening and no one is 'doing it'. 

Amen to that (so be it) ;)

Like God's will be done, not my will? 

Edited by snowyowl

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

On 10/06/2021 at 2:22 PM, SQAAD said:

Even though i have observed that free will is an illusion , still practically i am not to a point that i truly embody it...

This is not the end. Now it has been recognised that free will from the conventional viewpoint is an illusion, time to upgrade the perspective: yes, there is free will, and it is precisely because of it that anything whatever is possible. Free will does not belong to an individual. It only belongs to God. And there is no difference between the two. It's just a matter of how you see it. 

29 minutes ago, Lilia said:

This is not the end. Now it has been recognised that free will from the conventional viewpoint is an illusion, time to upgrade the perspective: yes, there is free will, and it is precisely because of it that anything whatever is possible. Free will does not belong to an individual. It only belongs to God. And there is no difference between the two. It's just a matter of how you see it. 

That's exactly the conclusion I came to. There is the will of the flesh and the divine/true Will but that has to be reached (not by the ego).

Edited by Incognito

@SQAAD I'd say the reason why you are struggling so much embodying the wisdom of "no free will for the ego" is that, on some level, you do feel and do know there is free will - because your experience tells you so! Time for recontextualisation.

When someone goes around saying they have no free will, that others have no free will, that nobody does, that it does not exist.....it's amusing because they have no choice.