Looking For New Mods Who Will Help People With Serious Emotional Issues

168 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Shin said:

Sans titre.png

That would be an amazing improvement! 

4 minutes ago, Elisabeth said:

That would be an amazing improvement! 

agreed

@kinesin Is treating them with love and slowly moving them up inch by inch the only way? 

@Opo I don't know what 'the way' to help them is, there are many approaches which could help or hinder for different people, and many people simply cannot be helped externally.  Putting aside the practicalities of which methods work the best for a moment, there is an element which precedes the practical 'help' which is absolutely necessary - an unflinching attitude of absolute nonjudgment and loving empathy.  This is the most difficult part of the process, because as I said, many mental illnesses manifest as highly difficult behaviour which becomes very difficult to entangle from the individual themselves.  One very common sentiment to hear is along the lines of "I wanted to help X, I tried by best, but then I realized they're just a shitty person who doesn't deserve my help, so I give up".  Being the genuinely helpful person who will actually bring peace to the mentally ill individual requires never allowing yourself to reach that point - infact, the very prospect of a 'shitty person' needs to be nonexistent to you.

When they scream at you and spit in your face, your response cannot be to flash in anger, it has to be one of sympathy.  When you try and try and try to get through to them but they keep sabotaging any efforts to get better, you can't get frustrated, you have to remain genuinely sympathetic, you have to love them no matter what.

Of course, the ability to hold on to that loving perspective no matter what is shockingly rare, and that's why mental health issues are so difficult to treat.  If everyone had a 'guardian angel' so to speak who would genuinely love them unconditionally, the world would be a very different place.

Posted (edited)

@kinesin Actually awake guys themselves can't provide you answer why you shouldn't go for Mahasamadhi. 

If you ask me honestly I would nit suggest you that but myself I would want it and I still do. 

Greatest prize of all is complete eternal death. Not dreaming. 

Edited by Zeroguy

Still made up guy talking and still you are duliding yourself with "conversation". There is none. 

5 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

@kinesin Actually awake guys themselves can't provide you answer why you shouldn't go for Mahasamadhi. 

If you ask me honestly I would nit suggest you that but myself I would want it and I still do. 

Greatest prize of all is complete eternal death. Not dreaming. 

You're already "dead", you'd be exactly here, just experiencing something else.

And there is a good chance it will be far worse than what you got right now.

Spirituality is not the renunciation of life

It is the art of living fully

5 minutes ago, Shin said:

You're already "dead", you'd be exactly here, just experiencing something else.

And there is a good chance it will be far worse than what you got right now.

I nearly turned into a fish once.

@Zeroguy  Yeah, I understand what you're saying - there is a very apparent hypocrisy in 'awakened' teachers telling people to overcome the dream because it's all fake, yet at the same time begging you not to harm yourself and being unable to explain why without contradicting themselves.  That hypocrisy shows me that they don't have the whole picture of understanding - I myself believe I have the whole picture.

You see, you have to reclaim the reality within nonreality.  On one level there is no conversation here - that is true.  What's stopping us from allowing ourselves to flow in the dream by treating it as if it were infact real, though?  I can't describe in words the process by which I became once again able to see the dream as real despite it being simultaneously nonreal - it was a long process with a lot of meditation and other contemplations.  I do know that this is the 'cure' though, which surpasses the perspectives given by many prominent teachers.  Find a route toward seeing it as both real and nonreal without any contradiction, then the desire for Mahasamadhi fades away.

@kinesin It is literally forcing blind to lead blind. 

Those who help and those who are in search of help are literally the same. 

Equally deluded. 

1 hour ago, kinesin said:

@Opo  an unflinching attitude of absolute nonjudgment and loving empathy.  

I fear that that approach could feed their delusions and make the things worse. 

I agree with the loving empathy but I'm struggling with the non judgment part. 

@Opo  Non-judgment doesn't mean agreement, it simply means not judging them for it.  To agree with everything they said would be harmful indeed.

1 hour ago, Zeroguy said:

Still made up guy talking and still you are duliding yourself with "conversation". There is none. 

Then why are you talking ? :)

Sans titre.png

4051353.jpg

27 minutes ago, kinesin said:

Non-judgment doesn't mean agreement, it simply means not judging them for it.  To agree with everything they said would be harmful indeed.

Non-judgement is a judgement :ph34r:

To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

Something can be true... but not helpful.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Non-judgement is a judgement :ph34r:

Na, its neutral observation.

Association with the wise is the root cause for obliterating all misery. -  Tripura Rahasya

3 hours ago, Shin said:

Plus if you think systemically, opening the forum section we talked about would solved many cases way before they go to the depressive stages :ph34r:

That's what I said in my first post. 

Radoteur ! :P

Association with the wise is the root cause for obliterating all misery. -  Tripura Rahasya

Just now, Etherial Cat said:

That's what I said in my first post. 

Radoteur ! :P

Yes, but If I say it with other words, it looks like I'm having original thoughts !

Plus it's one more message for the section we need :ph34r: