Preety_India

How to control what you really really really want to eat?

28 posts in this topic

Like when I look at this thing thing, my tummy is so peckish. 

58auha.jpg

But I'm instantly reminded of cholesterol and diabetes!

How to control the urge to eat foods that make you salivate. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Intermittent fasting, reducing carbs

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Find higher pleasures in life.

Chasing cake makes you about as sophisticated as a pig ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Make sure you eat until you are full/satisfied when you're having your healthy regular meals. Food like that won't be remotely as appetizing if you're not hungry. It's so easy to indulge on sweets and garbage food on an empty stomach. 

hrhrhtewgfegege

What you desire is what you want and what you want is what you do.  

You need to find a way to change your desires. That is where the magic happens. 

In Tate we trust

You can indulge in lots of shit foods and burn through that desire. Feel how it affects your wellbeing, motivation and emotions till they make you puke.

I almost injured myself for life doing this, but now i desire a piece of cake as much as a punch in the nuts.

Or, do a challenge where you quit sugar for one / three months. You legit stop seeing those things as food and you'd have to force yourself to eat a cake. 

I went from pre-disbetes and big blood sugar problems to feeling disgusted by junk food. 

I had to do keto diet for half a year to be able to eat a potato and not fall asleep. 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

@mmKay oh wow, that's a heck of a journey. 

In my case I do water fasting for 3 days. No foodie craving anymore after that. 

Edited by Manusia

@Manusia what is water fasting?

40 minutes ago, mmKay said:

You can indulge in lots of shit foods and burn through that desire. Feel how it affects your wellbeing, motivation and emotions till they make you puke.

I almost injured myself for life doing this, but now i desire a piece of cake as much as a punch in the nuts.

Or, do a challenge where you quit sugar for one / three months. You legit stop seeing those things as food and you'd have to force yourself to eat a cake. 

I went from pre-disbetes and big blood sugar problems to feeling disgusted by junk food. 

I had to do keto diet for half a year to be able to eat a potato and not fall asleep. 

Very nice and very true that if you go keto then processed food feels alien and artificial. Where in nature do you find a meal with the amount of sugar contained in a cake ?

2 minutes ago, Tetcher said:

Very nice and very true that if you go keto then processed food feels alien and artificial. Where in nature do you find a meal with the amount of sugar contained in a cake ?

What's a keto exactly? 

14 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

What's a keto exactly? 

It's eating very little carbs  in a day like less than 25g. Vegan keto can be difficult to achieve but people are doing it with avocadoes and peanut butter. It's true that it normalizes the energy level and after some time you no longer crave sugary food (you may still be psychologically tempted, you need to sustain keto for even longer to get rid of that also)

@Leo Gura I think peanut butter is very very dangerous. Give me some insight on that. 

I will never eat peanut butter in my life. :ph34r:

Soaked peanuts are the yogi's super food. I don't know about peanut butter but since peanuts are so good I'm not sure why it should be bad.

I also craved sweets badly when I was eating plant-based. As of now, I haven't touched anything processed in over a year and I don't crave it in the tiniest bit. An unsatisfying diet will keep you hungry for something else.

Aside from that, for me it's really that I've suffered enough. I've gone through the cycle of eating junk food, feeling like shit, getting acne and regretting it all so many times, that I won't ever want it again. At some point you realize that momentary tingling in the mouth has nothing to do with real happiness and you stop caring for it. This momentary pleasure will never compare to the amazing feeling of going through life in robust health.

Edited by Village

@Tetcher Peanuts are packed with toxins, its the unhealthiest nut. 

Just exercise intensely everyday and eat wtv you want. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

If you were actually aware of what it does to your body craving would stop.

Not what doctor or textbook or internet says it'll do to your cholesterol and diabetes.

Sailing on the ceiling 

11 hours ago, Preety_India said:

How to control the urge to eat foods that make you salivate.

Find healthier alternatives that will give you the same reaction :) And eliminate all cakes and junk from sight. Don't buy it, don't enter the shopping aisles when they are found and don't go shopping when you are hungry. If you get the craving rather than giving in allow yourself to "ride" that feeling and submerge yourself in that. Become an observe rather than a slave of your desires and it will go away. If nothing else helps, have some 90% dark chocolate available to quench that desire with something healthier 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 dark chocolate causes me acidity. 

6 hours ago, mmKay said:

do a challenge where you quit sugar for one / three months. You legit stop seeing those things as food and you'd have to force yourself to eat a cake. 

This is a superb advice. I call this a 90 days challenge. I did this with sugar a year ago (with my family) and it almost completely eliminated my “addiction”. Doing this with YouTube now.