Holygrail

Does being high conscious and egoless mean you become a doormat?

32 posts in this topic

I recently had a problem with a bully and I stood up to him rather reactively and got in his face. I would always control myself for the sake of understanding him and being the better person, since he obviously seems stage blue and rather miserable. But today was my breaking point and I felt like this problem wasn't going to end unless I stood up to him and threatened him to stop the BS. 

Edited by Holygrail

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Holygrail

Good for you. ?? 

I have no problem with courage, I developed my stage red with jiu jitsu and being a knucklehead between 18-22 hanging out with the wrong crowd. I just wanna act in accordance with what's more conscious and "right". I'm guess pragmatism and fitting in with your environment (stage red/blue environment) is more important for your survival than just trying to be stage green/yellow/turquoise. 

When you are highly conscious you become stronger at maintaining your values and not compromising on them. Integrity increases with consciousness.

Don't confuse Love with pleasing people or feminine compassion. Sometimes Love is harsh and brutal, as in masculine compassion.

A few weeks ago I got into a such an fight with my dentist because he refused to give me a refund for his incompetent work that they were ready to call the police on me. Hehe... I nearly knocked his door down. Walked away with a $1500 refund.

Sometimes you gotta bash some doors in to get your way because some people do not understand anything else. And none of this is incompatible with Love or consciousness. Of course the door was dashed only as a last resort when other more conscious options were exhausted. Don't be afraid to bash a door down when the situation calls for it.

Love and Consciousness != meekness

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thats why shadow work is a prominent part of the new age community these days. They probably realized that its not all love and light like people did in the 60s.

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

When you are highly conscious you become stronger at maintaining your values and not compromising on them. Integrity increases with consciousness.

Don't confuse Love with pleasing people or feminine compassion. Sometimes Love is harsh and brutal, as in masculine compassion.

A few weeks ago I got into a such an fight with my dentist because he refused to give me a refund for his incompetent work that they were ready to call the police on me. Hehe... I nearly knocked his door down. Walked away with a $1500 refund.

Sometimes you gotta bash some doors in to get your way because some people do not understand anything else. And none of this is incompatible with Love or consciousness. Of course the door was dashed only as a last resort when other more conscious options were exhausted. Don't be afraid to bash a door down when the situation calls for it.

nice, thanks so much for clarifying this for me. I was dealing with this issue for quite some time now not knowing how to handle such situations, but love can be brutal sometimes :) I do believe that having integrity for what's "right" is the most important. 

10 minutes ago, Holygrail said:

for what's "right"

Just don't forget that what's right is completely relative.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

1955.3_expulsion-mercaderes-templo.jpg

Good job. It goes in hand with what Leo said:

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sometimes you gotta bash some doors in to get your way because some people do not understand anything else. 

There is also the third way which is the loving response. Your intuition will guide you if it is the response needed at the moment. It is quite difficult as it involves "turning the other cheek" and doing a counterintuitive action for the benefit of the oppressor and the whole.

I had some young coworkers who were rude to everybody. They were getting on my nerve until I saw their soft spot. Then I hugged them. They seemed to calm down a bit and called me a nice person. Then eventually their actions got to them and they got kicked out of the project.

The doormat is just another name for disempowerment. It is the easy passive non-action. Nothing spiritual about it.

Edited by SolarWarden

On 25-4-2021 at 2:01 AM, Leo Gura said:

I would be careful going back to that dentist after such an escalation.

Like Socrates said:

pL5lsFtLeu8a0qXRxQ7QPeUjnVAqfy4Cw78gmoh8

I can get angry too to get my way. Last year I was angry at an electronic shop for not taking their used headphones back. They sold me used headphones. Most people just accept their rejection and back off. Not me.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

This is a common misunderstanding amongst spiritual circles. Never get angry, etc. Anger has a place at the table just as much as every other feeling. That’s a good thing or you would be walked over by bullies lol. The point is to not hold on, let it flow and be conscious. It’s a okay to get angry and stand up for yourself if you are being abused!

On 25/04/2021 at 1:01 AM, Leo Gura said:

they were ready to call the police on me.

If you were Black, they would’ve called the police on you.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

As a former doormat, no.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 4/26/2021 at 10:12 AM, StarStruck said:

I would be careful going back to that dentist after such an escalation.

They perma-banned me. And I would not go back anyway.

@Leo Gura Wow, great story!

I’ve got that clear once when I was at the stage-green beach party on mdma. Me and two of my friends were watching the sun rising while the guy, who also was under the influence of substance still haven’t got enough for his ego to release. You know, those poor human beings that are very pessimistic and poisoned with hatred and lack of acceptence from the very young age. He was killing our vibe by some subtle movements and phrases. At such a state I was able to even smell his deep pain and sorrow, which made him so toxic.

My friends wasn’t able to set the boundaries but I’ve felt the tension in their bodies, because we were hugging each other while watching the sun.

I felt that I need to use my power, courage and consciousness in order to save that moment for them and myself. With compassion to him inside, I told that guy with some boldness and deep confidence that he has two options — staying with us without killing the vibe, or get the fuck away.

He’s reaction was so predictable and beautiful at the same time. His face got tension in it and he spit some phrase with the anger inside and moved away from us.

Immediately I felt the realise and gratitude within my friends. Both of them hugged me even more and their body’s relaxed at the same time.

I think we can call that “Leadership”.

P.S. @Leo Gura Man, please, check your inbox! Your answer is very important for me and my 21 y.o. cat that I need to feed ?

Edited by Ar_Senses

On 4/25/2021 at 8:01 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura What do you mean by nearly knocking his door down? You threaten to damage his property?

Edited by hyruga

While anger is an emotion, and has a place in being expressed in certain contexts, it's important to let go of it as soon as possible. Anger does have adverse effects on your body when there's too much, from increased temperature, to liver damage, to seeing spots.

53 minutes ago, hyruga said:

@Leo Gura What do you mean by nearly knocking his door down? You threaten to damage his property?

Bashing on his office door.

On 4/24/2021 at 6:34 PM, Holygrail said:

I recently had a problem with a bully and I stood up to him rather reactively and got in his face. I would always control myself for the sake of understanding him and being the better person, since he obviously seems stage blue and rather miserable. But today was my breaking point and I felt like this problem wasn't going to end unless I stood up to him and threatened him to stop the BS. 

You would have achieved the most growth by not giving in to your ego and remaining passive.  But you will still gain growth from the lashing out.  You grow regardless from experience and suffering.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.