Leo Gura

Getting My Covid Vaccine

531 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, SASAM said:

Still trying to figure out how viruses are real when brains are not.

The virus is as real/unreal as the brain.

Leo has a video on brains "not being real" because there is a widespread materialistic paradigm at play in our culture today. He is trying to change the paradigm, not to make people take the brains, or viruses, as something not serious.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

57 minutes ago, roopepa said:

The virus is as real/unreal as the brain.

Leo has a video on brains "not being real" because there is a widespread materialistic paradigm at play in our culture today. He is trying to change the paradigm, not to make people take the brains, or viruses, as something not serious.

I see. So, then, what is the serious non-materialistic paradigm's approach to viruses and vaccines?

@SASAM You have a very simplistic view of freedom. 

Watch this. 

8 minutes ago, Opo said:

@SASAM You have a very simplistic view of freedom. 

Watch this. 

There is nothing simplistic about drawing the line at forced vaccinations.

I will rewatch this video, though. Thank you.

3 hours ago, SASAM said:

drawing the line at forced vaccinations

We have had forced vaccinations for the last 100 years.

All school children are forced to get vaccines to enter school. University too. I had to get a shot to enter university.

Society is held together by force sometimes. That is a precondition for having nice things. You have never been free do endanger others in a society. Because all our lives are at stake and we are in the same fucking boat. If Covid hasn't made that clear to you, I don't know what will.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

We have had forced vaccinations for the last 100 years.

All school children are forced to get vaccines to enter school. University too. I had to get a shot to enter university.

Society is held together by force sometimes. That is a precondition for having nice things. You have never been free do endanger others in a society. Because all our lives are at stake and we are in the same fucking boat.

So, do you think that all of the estimated 1/3 of the people in the US who don't want the vaccine will inevitably be forced to take it?

5 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

So, do you think that all of the estimated 1/3 of the people in the US who don't want the vaccine will inevitably be forced to take it?

No politician in the US has pushed for literal forced vaccinations.

The "force" in this case is just peer pressure and public shaming. And perhaps some businesses like airlines and stadiums might require it to give you services. Which I think is perfectly natural and healthy.

Since most Covid deniers are sheep, I think they will eventually just conform and get the vaccines once everyone else does and there are no problems. These people just like to whine and make noise like pouting children. Eventually they will grow tired of pouting and come to the dinner table. Or die out ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The "force" in this case is just peer pressure.

True. Though, do you think that peer pressure will be enough to influence the estimated 33% of the population who are against taking the vaccines to change their minds?

I am getting worried about our country not being able to reach herd immunity soon enough.

Edited by Hardkill

6 hours ago, SASAM said:

@Leo Gura

Still trying to figure out how viruses are real when brains are not.

Not trying to be a 'hoaxer'; just joined this forum to exchange with people who were trying to understand the ultimate verities of life; who were interested in deep metaphysical truth. I would've thought a convo like this would be a bit different here.

@SASAM Have you watched Leo's most recent blog post titled "Sherlock Holmes' Brain"? It may help clarify what all this "brains aren't real" stuff is about.

I understand your perspective. I too see fear as a primary motivator for mostly everyone in regards to mostly everything, and most definitely in relation to this pandemic. This is obvious. And yes, "society" is hypocritical at large because we are all hypocrites to some degree. So what?? I too put little trust in most modern western medicine, yet I understand it has it's place. Just because science locked in the materialist paradiem is narrow-minded and shortsighted does not mean it's completely useless, especially when we operate in the material world with things like disease and the science and technology that surround disease prevention. 

If I found thoughts coming to me as you post here, the first thing I would do is examine these thoughts for logical fallacies. I would conclude that points on carcinogenic meats and infant circumcision are red herrings because neither of these deal with infectious disease. If I painfully cut my children and feed them bacon it won't in any remotely direct way set off a chain of events that maims or kills even a single one of my other friends, family, or neighbors. 

Fear! They are all so afraid, of death, of loss, of lockdowns, they are all so afraid of fear itself!... But what am I afraid of? What does my seeing of so much fear say about the thoughts I am experiencing?

Hypocrites all!... But can I find my own hypocracy?

I would conclude that I am afraid of these Covid-19 vaccines. I would conclude that my own hypocracy lies in my making all these convoluted excuses including trumpeting "Freedom!" out of nothing more or less than fear. I hypocritically regurgitate "brains aren't real" to justify why viruses aren't real and therefore "i" shouldn't get vaccinated, all the while failing to realized that neither i nor vaccines are "real". I take my personal selfish self and my personal selfish rights oh-so-seriously, but viruses aren't real because brains aren't, and my personal selfish self finds all this delusion very convenient and comforting. Prehaps the next time I get a bill I will simply tell the payee neither they nor my bill are real! Wow, I can use this methodology to get out of work, tickets, severe life-threatening injuries, and most everything!... Oh wait, that's right, I'm a selfish deluded fearful hypocrite without a brain, and somehow I confused this with embodying God-consciousness. Oh well, that's Life :) Lessons lived, lessons learned.

That's something like how my own self examination might go. For the record I wasn't thrilled to get vaccinated but I did it anyway out of care for Creation and humanity. I wasn't afraid, but I understand how some could be. I do care for freedom, including the freedom of people to opt out from vaccinations for any reason they see fit, but that doesn't mean I think highly of such egoic fearful selfishness.

People are mostly herd minded. Eventually so many people will get the vaccine and be fine that those resistant will eventually cave on their beliefs just so they can fit in and not seem like an outcast, they'll probably come to accept that the sooner they get vaccinated like everyone else the sooner the lockdowns and masks will go away.

One thing is for sure though, the next time we have a pandemic which is highly likely in our lifetimes because of strain on the environment - if it's significantly more lethal or disruptive than Covid we are absolutely fucked.

It will probably cause us to flirt on the edge of societal collapse.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

1 hour ago, Ryan R said:

@SASAM Have you watched Leo's most recent blog post titled "Sherlock Holmes' Brain"? It may help clarify what all this "brains aren't real" stuff is about.

Thanks, checking this out now.

My man Wattles has yet to lead me astray (NB: I don't take the 'cream of tartar' advice literally):WDWLICS.PNG

Edited by SASAM

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The "force" in this case is just peer pressure and public shaming. And perhaps some businesses like airlines and stadiums might require it to give you services. Which I think is perfectly natural and healthy.

Since most Covid deniers are sheep, I think they will eventually just conform and get the vaccines once everyone else does and there are no problems. These people just like to whine and make noise like pouting children. Eventually they will grow tired of pouting and come to the dinner table. Or die out ;)

At this rate they'll get vaccinated at the same time as you.

On 4/23/2021 at 11:28 PM, Forestluv said:

Ok. if someone refuses to be socially responsible, then their participation in society should be limited. People getting vaccinated are reducing the spread potential of the virus and anti-vaxxers are are allowing continued spread and new variants to arise. Anti-vaxxers shouldn't be allowed at social events like concerts, sporting events, airplanes, buses etc. These are all aspects of social systems. 

Society will soon get tired of anti-vaxxers filling up hospital beds, draining social systems and spreading variants. My local hospitals have hit capacity and are in triage due to unvaccinated covid patients. My work institution is looking at closing down. People will lose patience with anti-vaxxers. Especially when anti-vaxxers are spreading new variants that are resistant to the original vaccine. That is going to cause more social problems, drain systems and require responsible people to get another vaccination because of irresponsible anti-vaxxers. People aren't going to put up with that crap for long. 

If anti-vaxxers keep it up, there will be social restrictions on societal events in which only vaccinated people can attend. Vaccinated people are going to be pissed off with anti-vaxxers spreading new variants at concerts, sporting events, airline travel etc. 

Coronavirus denial is over the line for forum guidelines. You are walking in a grey area of covid-hoaxing. 

That's the problem with mass vaccination campaigns. Even if everybody agrees to get vaccinated, you can't vaccinate 8 billion of people at once. So new variants will pop up inevitably, irrespective of if there are anti-vaxxers or not. By the time everyone is vaccinated, a long time will have passed and there will be new variants that will need new vaccines.

42 minutes ago, vladorion said:

That's the problem with mass vaccination campaigns. Even if everybody agrees to get vaccinated, you can't vaccinate 8 billion of people at once. So new variants will pop up inevitably, irrespective of if there are anti-vaxxers or not. By the time everyone is vaccinated, a long time will have passed and there will be new variants that will need new vaccines.

Cool story bro. 

"Thanks to the success of vaccination, the last natural outbreak of smallpox in the United States occurred in 1949. In 1980, the World Health Assembly declared smallpox eradicated (eliminated), and no cases of naturally occurring smallpox have happened since."

https://www.cdc.gov/smallpox/index.html

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I know a guy that believed in every possible conspiracy theory about corona and even made up some of his own stuff just to be able to keep believing in the dumbest ones. 

But when the doctor asked him to take the vaccine he took it. 

Just an anegote it reminded me of. 

5 hours ago, vladorion said:

Timing is a major factor. If everyone agreed to get vaccinated, the only limiting factor would be how fast the vaccine shots can be produced. Yet if half a population resists a vaccine, there will need to be incentives and campaigns to get people to get the vaccine. This will take much longer to vaccinate society and a considerable portion of society won’t be vaccinated.

In scenario #1 everyone in society gets vaccinated ASAP. This gives the virus less time and hosts to replicate, form variants and spread variants. Perhaps 4 variants arise, yet only one is resistant to the original vaccine and its spread is moderate. Depending on its spread, a second vaccine might be needed, to which everyone agrees. The virus is under control.

in scenario #2, the vaccination process is much slower and 30% of society never gets vaccinated (and don’t want to wear masks or socially distance). Here, the vaccine has more time and hosts to replicate, form variants and spread. Rather than 4 variants arising, 40 variants arise and 10 of those are resistant to the original vaccine. A send vaccine is needed, to which those 30% of people refuse to take. A new vaccine is needed every six months to try and control all the new variants arising. 30% of the people refuse to take it. The virus cannot be controlled. 

Some countries are shifting toward vaccine surplus as supply exceeds demand. Yet most of the world has vaccine shortages. 

Instead of writing paragraphs, posting links to youtube and sharing fearmongering screenshots of why not to take COVID vaccines--I got my COVID vaccine :P Arm was pretty sore the next morning but it goes away fairly quickly.  No side effects in my case thankfully, except a little tired the day of the injection and I got pretty hungry for some reason.

10/10 would vaccine again.

Actually there is nly least use of the vaccine as the 3rd mutant form have arisen but it vl help u psychologically and some cases may even prevent the severe complications which may cause death due to 2nd mutant form but not from 3rd mutant form

@Aish there are plenty of variants already, many more than 3 around the world and new are continuously spawning. It's  just that the RNA vaccines are targeting the spike protein only which is a small portion of the virus so a mutation there can render the vaccine ineffective. I wonder why the vaccine can prevent sever forms of the disease for other variants, maybe the adjuvant bolsters your immune system for some time (or adjuvant like effect since apparently pfizer doesn't have any adjuvant yet it triggers the immune system even more strongly than the vaccine with adjuvant, I wonder why and how too, no explanation is given).

Edited by Tetcher