Leo Gura

Pentagon Confirms New UFO Video

529 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Listen carefully to Jim Penniston, and also look at his behavior etc. while he's talking. And pay close attention to how you want to believe him:

Do you think he's telling the truth?

Prove me he's lying, I want hard facts please.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Danioover9000

Or more likely any practical use for this technology would require energy sources and material science that's hundreds or thousands of years more advanced than anything we have.

Going back to the fighter jet example, you could give an entire fleet of them to Roman Empire, but it wouldn't be of any use if the only energy sources available at the time are muscle power and burning wood.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

6 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Alien denial is an ideology that goes hand-in-hand with the intraparadigmatic attitudes of pop science (cynicism and rigidity). Maybe when Pope-o-science Neil daddy Tyson changes his mind, maybe then we'll see some changes in the collective consciousness of neopositivists ?

Speaking of the devil, this came out yesterday:

#252 - ARE WE ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE? A Conversation with Neil deGrasse Tyson https://samharris.org/podcasts/252-alone-universe/

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, DocWatts said:

Going back to the fighter jet example, you could give an entire fleet of them to Roman Empire, but it wouldn't be of any use if the only energy sources available at the time are muscle power and burning wood.

They wouldn't even have a runway for it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

They wouldn't even have a runway for it.

Or the dozens of other requisite systems to help navigate and maintain the damn things, like air traffic control, GPS, or something as simple as a socket wrench to open up a panel.

Seems almost universal that having access to something that's 50 years ahead of current technology is a million times more useful than something that's orders of magnitude more sophisticated than what a society has access to.

FUCK YEA ALIENS

now where is my colossal titan body

nah but in all seriousness folwks, lets make 1 thing clear: Aliens do exist

its quite simple actually: you got 100 billion planets in the milky way alone (remember that's its not the biggest galaxy out there) + 2 trillion galaxies which also contain 100 billion planets and then you might also have different universes, which there could be billions or trillions of universes out there, lets assume there are only 100 other universes out there besides ours, 100 x 2 trillion = 200 trillion.

and yet our mind can't even understand how much 1,000 planets is
and yea i know its all just stupid math but you have to understand in the milky way alone there are 6 billion earth like planets out there (meaning they contain water,vegetation and are in the goldilocks zone which is the ideal temperature for life like us)

i bet if we asked a quantum computer what's the probability of at least one planet of 100 billion that has alien life on it, the quantum computer would just shut down with a error message saying "y'all too stupid bruh"

Screenshot from 2021-06-11 10-21-51.png

Screenshot from 2021-06-11 10-26-22.png

Screenshot from 2021-06-11 10-18-05.png

Edited by MarkKol

57 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

FUCK YEA ALIENS

now where is my colossal titan body

nah but in all seriousness folwks, lets make 1 thing clear: Aliens do exist

its quite simple actually: you got 100,000,000,000 billion planets in the milky way alone (remember that's its not the biggest galaxy out there) + 2,000,000,000,000 trillion galaxies which also contain 100,000,000,000 billion planets and then you might also have different universes, which there could be billions or trillion of universes out there, lets assume there are only 100 other universes out there besides ours, 100 x 2,000,000,000,000 = 200,000,000,000,000.

and yet our mind can't even understand how much 1,000 planets is

Screenshot from 2021-06-11 10-21-51.png

Screenshot from 2021-06-11 10-26-22.png

Screenshot from 2021-06-11 10-18-05.png

Quite familiar with the Drake Equation of which you're alluding to, but I would add that there are a number of factors that could potentially make Intelligent Space Faring Civilizations far less common than that 100 billion planets figure might suggest:

• Of those 100 billion planets, how many of those are in the Habitable zones of thier stars?
  • Of the Habitable Planets in the Galaxy, how many actually develop complex, multicellular life? Keep in mind that most of the history of life on our own planet consisted of simple, prokaryotic cells. Complex eukaryotic cells able to combine into multicellular life forms might be an evolutionary accident for all we know.
  • How likely is it that life to develop in to an intelligent, tool using civilization with both the desire and the means to explore beyond the confines of its own planet?
  • How long do technological civilizations tend to last? Even if its for millions of years, in geologic time that's a relative blink of an eye. What are the odds that two nearby technological civilizations even coexist for the same short period of time during the last 14 billion years.

Instead of looking at it as 1 in a million type odds, it seems more probable that a closer analogue would be a series of compounding highly improbable events. 

Like the chance that someone who won the lottery would then go on to win another lottery. And then another after that.

The Universe is a big enough place that they're probably out there, but what are the odds that they happen to be right next door (on the scale of the universe, that is).

Edited by DocWatts

And maybe they start practicing antinatalism when the burden of consciousness gets too high. I think consciousness is a terrible mistake.

Edited by Blackhawk

3 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Of those 100 billion planets, how many of those are in the Habitable zones of thier stars?

The habitable zone in respect to sunlight is not a dealbreaker. Europa gets a lot of energy from the tidal forces of Jupiter (not a star), and most planets have tons of energy within their core anyway, so you don't even need a star system at all. 

9 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Of the Habitable Planets in the Galaxy, how many actually develop complex, multicellular life? Keep in mind that most of the history of life on our own planet consisted of simple, prokaryotic cells. Complex eukaryotic cells able to combine into multicellular life forms might be an evolutionary accident for all we know.

There are arguments that natural selection produced multicellular life because it conferred a substantial fitness advantage (cell differentiation -> division of labour -> decreased energy cost per cell). "An evolutionary accident" is one of the more pessimistic stances. If we take a more optimistic stance, maybe it's inevitable.

16 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

How likely is it that life to develop in to an intelligent, tool using civilization with both the desire and the means to explore beyond the confines of its own planet?

How long do technological civilizations tend to last? Even if its for millions of years, in geologic time that's a relative blink of an eye. What are the odds that two nearby technological civilizations even coexist for the same short period of time during the last 14 billion years.

We have to balance these probabilities with the fact that humanoid creatures have existed for a blip of evolutionary history (couple of million years). What if we got a billion year headstart? What if only a few planets got that headstart? Neil deGrasse Tyson said that one species could take over the entire galaxy in 10 million years (which is also just a blip). The "what if's" can go in either direction pretty fast.

8 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

And maybe they start practicing antinatalism when the burden of consciousness gets too high. I think consciousness is a terrible mistake.

The alien zoologists who logged into this forum are probably having a lot of fun reading this xD. Consciousness ain't no mistake.

19 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

The habitable zone in respect to sunlight is not a dealbreaker. Europa gets a lot of energy from the tidal forces of Jupiter (not a star), and most planets have tons of energy within their core anyway, so you don't even need a star system at all. 

There are arguments that natural selection produced multicellular life because it conferred a substantial fitness advantage (cell differentiation -> division of labour -> decreased energy cost per cell). "An evolutionary accident" is one of the more pessimistic stances. If we take a more optimistic stance, maybe it's inevitable.

We have to balance these probabilities with the fact that humanoid creatures have existed for a blip of evolutionary history (couple of million years). What if we got a billion year headstart? What if only a few planets got that headstart? Neil deGrasse Tyson said that one species could take over the entire galaxy in 10 million years (which is also just a blip). The "what if's" can go in either direction pretty fast.

That's also a fair point. Fact is we are in the improbable position of existing relatively early in the life time of the Universe, when you consider that 14 billion years is a blip compared to the projected hundreds of billions or even trillions of years before the eventual Heat Death of the Universe.

44 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Drake Equation of which you're alluding to

Drake equation? never heard of it, it just seems so silly to think there is no intelligent life out there, and whatever factors play in the role of actually developing life, whatever they are habitable zones,multi cellular life, how long they last and weather they have arms to develop tools. its quite obvious that these things do shorten the chances of life actually developing and thriving. but still the planets man, there is just so much of them.

49 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

but what are the odds that they happen to be right next door

you just listed a ton of stuff that has to be "in check" in order for life to develop. that's means that life should be rare, right? if life is rare, then their curiosity with living beings should be immense. basically what i'm saying is that our planet is not interesting to them, we are interesting to them! we are the magnets that attract them and that's why its possible that they could be "right next door". just like china sends female spies to... well... spy on american politicians, aliens could be doing the same thing to us but unlike china spies their not trying to hide. 

just a possibility, i feel like Alex Jones talking so specifically and confidently about topics i literally have no idea about. i'm just using common sense.

@MarkKol@

The Drake Equation is a famous thought experiment by the American astronomer Frank Drake for thinking about how common extraterrestrial Civilizations may be.

5b3a6c014447272a008b46a1.jpeg

Edited by DocWatts

18 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Listen carefully to Jim Penniston, and also look at his behavior etc. while he's talking. And pay close attention to how you want to believe him:

Be more specific. He seems sincere to me, but it's a pretty crazy story ngl. Might be an interesting pitch to a body language expert.

Edited by Carl-Richard

18 hours ago, MarkKol said:

i bet if we asked a quantum computer what's the probability of at least one planet of 100 billion that has alien life on it, the quantum computer would just shut down with a error message saying "y'all too stupid bruh"

GOLD!

Holy fucking crap, for a few minutes ago Mick West released a new video. In it he talks with Alex Dietrich, the female pilot who allegedly was also flying a fighter jet and saw the tic tac ufo with her eyes.

I haven't watched the video yet.

Edited by Blackhawk

Always liked Joe Scott's channel, he does a good job of explaining why the UFO footage that the Pentagon has released are very likely optical illusions resulting from the technology that was used in capturing this footage.

That said I'm still open to the possibility that the alien hypothesis could turn out to be correct, but a dozen more grainy clips of grey blobs isn't likely to to be any more convincing than the last dozen.

Edited by DocWatts

29 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

Always liked Joe Scott's channel, he does a good job of explaining why the UFO footage that the Pentagon has released are very likely optical illusions resulting from the technology that was used in capturing this footage.

That said I'm still open to the possibility that the alien hypothesis could turn out to be correct, but a dozen more grainy clips of grey blobs isn't likely to to be any more convincing than the last dozen.

Joe Scott? No one beats Mick West.

2 hours ago, DocWatts said:

That's a guy who has a healthy mindset. Watch and learn guys.