tatsumaru

Are some psychopaths born this way?

22 posts in this topic

I know that a lot of psychopaths are made through environment, but are there ones that were simply born this way? Can someone be born so called evil? If so are they fucked up beyond repair? Can a psychopath transcend psychopathy and feel empathy? I mean Buddha taught a serial killer successfully so why not?

Both nature and nurture. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I heard a psychologist who's an expert on sociopathy and psychopathy describe this distinction.

Psychopathy = Born/Nature.

• Also, more cunning, put together, strategic, cold, calculating, charismatic, etc.  Like the classic CEO type.

Sociopathy = Made/Nurture. 

• More sloppy, aggressive, brash, unregulated, outbursts, etc.  Not as charismatic, more just unhinged I suppose. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

"Naturaly born psychopath" is just an excuse for bad parents.

Psychopaths are born with certain predispositions that can either be aggravated or lessened through upbringing.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Bad parents always get a pass, an excuse or rationalisation...

Nobody could tell you why some people become vicious murderers and others not. It would probably be a deeply spiritual matter which science can't capture. Some traumatised individuals become saints, some become serial killers. This is not me saying it's innate genetics/biology either. (Path of negation)
--
If you're interested in this specific topic, one thing to read would be what self-proclaimed psychopaths write on Quora. Some of them are fake though and just emo kids. But from those accounts, some people will simply born a different way, and they aren't criminals. 

If you want to get into the technical nitty gritty, some would argue that using the word "psychopath" so haphazardly on anyone who's a violent criminal is harmful. Media loving to create a lot of theatre and romance around that word. Creating negative stereotypes for psychopaths who are non-criminal regular citizens.

Also, I know@Matt23 is probably right in saying 

On 03/04/2021 at 3:21 AM, Matt23 said:

Psychopathy = Born/Nature
Sociopathy = Made/Nurture.

as far as the technical medical lingo goes. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao Ya, I got this from an expert on psychopathy and sociopathy.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Yes you could easily and unluckily be born with a brain tumor or disease that presses on the wrong part of the brain to cause "evil" behavior.

hrhrhtewgfegege

6 hours ago, lmfao said:

If you want to get into the technical nitty gritty, some would argue that using the word "psychopath" so haphazardly on anyone who's a violent criminal is harmful. Media loving to create a lot of theatre and romance around that word. Creating negative stereotypes for psychopaths who are non-criminal regular citizens.

Psychopaths don't give a fuck about being labeled as psychopaths though.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

@tatsumaru Pure psychopathy aka primary psychopathy is purely genetic. Environmental is what's known as a secondary psychopath a category in which both sociopathy and narcissism fall into.

I'm what I could term a spiritual psychopath :P , so I can scare you inter-dimensionally as opposed to just merely physically. I neither fall into the category of either primary nor secondary psychopathy.

But I am dangerous. Extremely. 

I just have no need to cause violence in areas where I don't see the necessity to do so, moreover violence has various connotations that fall outside the traditional survival reference frame of "physical" and even too, explicit forms of psychological forms of violence. I will neither cause purposeful physical nor psychological violence unless I see it as the right thing to do relative to my conscience, something that through traditional lenses a primary psychopath doesn't have, however "doesn't" is used fairly loosely.

I'd much rather have creative discussions that extend my consciousness further than it was a second ago than to waste my time belting you with a bat or calling you names, I'm just not addicted to sadism in that sense, even if its mostly a lost cause relative to the population average I'm strategically manoeuvring myself to secure better social reinforcement here as my ties improve. 

I'm definitely a predator, there's no doubt about it. I'm just not the kind of predator you'd be expecting. We create names to describe a perceived context in reality relative to levels of differentiation we've made regarding said context, all three are often merely transitionary points to something more sophisticated. Psychology is a frame of reference / reference frame, that is, the manner in which you are framing reality relative to certain assumptions you're making about it, its not an absolute determination its a relative determination. There's all kinds of "psychopaths" that exist, variations though that need clear discrimination which the distinction between primary and secondary is good enough for a large subset of related forms.

Goodnight, truly yours: The Spiritual Boogeyman

Edited by Origins

24 minutes ago, Origins said:

@tatsumaru Pure psychopathy aka primary psychopathy is purely genetic. Environmental is what's known as a secondary psychopath a category in which both sociopathy and narcissism fall into.

I'm what I could term a spiritual psychopath :P , so I can scare you inter-dimensionally as opposed to just merely physically. I neither fall into the category of either primary nor secondary psychopathy.

But I am dangerous. Extremely. 

I just have no need to cause violence in areas where I don't see the necessity to do so, moreover violence has various connotations that fall outside the traditional survival reference frame of "physical" and even too, explicit forms of psychological forms of violence. I will neither cause purposeful physical nor psychological violence unless I see it as the right thing to do relative to my conscience, something that through traditional lenses a primary psychopath doesn't have, however "doesn't" is used fairly loosely.

I'd much rather have creative discussions that extend my consciousness further than it was a second ago than to waste my time belting you with a bat or calling you names, I'm just not addicted to sadism in that sense, even if its mostly a lost cause relative to the population average I'm strategically manoeuvring myself to secure better social reinforcement here as my ties improve. 

I'm definitely a predator, there's no doubt about it. I'm just not the kind of predator you'd be expecting. We create names to describe a perceived context in reality relative to levels of differentiation we've made regarding said context, all three are often merely transitionary points to something more sophisticated. Psychology is a frame of reference / reference frame, that is, the manner in which you are framing reality relative to certain assumptions you're making about it, its not an absolute determination its a relative determination. There's all kinds of "psychopaths" that exist, variations though that need clear discrimination which the distinction between primary and secondary is good enough for a large subset of related forms.

Goodnight, truly yours: The Spiritual Boogeyman

A real primary psychopath.

A friend of mine.

Don't listen to anyone else here otherwise you'll be less accurate, happy to challenge anyone here on that.

Her Quora - https://www.quora.com/profile/Natalie-Marsh-15/answers

She's a bit of a rascal sometimes otherwise not so bad as far as I can tell.

Edited by Origins

@neutralempty My writing is perfectly coherent outside of your ability to provide accurate feedback there, of which you've added none. I'll have a think about it and won't get back to you (feel free to ponder it for yourself though - its explorative at this stage). Whether psychopaths are violent depends on the psychopath, this is where environment comes into account. Convicted psychopaths are more likely to have had an upbringing that fostered said reality compared to psychopaths that didn't, other than say, being less intelligent than psychopaths that didn't get caught. 

@neutralempty Give an example. As it pertains to connection, that's because I write like this (see below), comparably. It enables me to fit more into a sentence. Whether people understand is up to their capacities, I'm not in the business of being people's school teacher nor am I here to make friends here with people who don't as you put it, fluidly understand (to replace read). I seek like minds in this lifetime, there's too many ingredients in the social salad bowl of life, would cut 99.99% out with the rest of the villager ancestors that have already passed.

Buffalo is to cow as …. is to pig

Goat

Boar 

Mule

Hare 

I don't care to explain this example. If you understand it you understand it, if you don't, move along please. Abruptness is my style.

Certainly people can be born with brain disorders or simply genetic mutations and anomalies.

But even so, none of them are evil.

Snakes can be born with 2 heads. So it's not so surprising that some humans are born with abnormal brains.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Snakes can be born with 2 heads

Why the fuck did I Google that...

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Probably not, because human traits are acquired through society. A psychopath operates through deceit, superficial charm, exploitation, etc none of which cannot be learned without the rest of us.

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Snakes can be born with 2 heads.

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

Why the fuck did I Google that...

Holycrap, I googled it too

Just now, Hello from Russia said:

Holycrap, I googled it too

God was like "Hm, snakes are pretty scary, but they need an upgrade..."

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 minute ago, Rilles said: