Flowerfaeiry

Do you drink coffee?

61 posts in this topic

I've always been super careful with my caffeine consumption since it's so easy to become dependent on. But I've been off daily caffeine for months and I still feel like I need an extra boost. I crave caffeine almost every day. I do have a physically demanding job but I still feel like I shouldn't "need" caffeine like I've been craving it. What am I doing wrong? 


"You Create Magic" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added need. By this, I am referring to it potentially being the case that you have an added need for caffeine.

I.e. something like ADHD (often respond well to stimulants).

I'd advice looking up ADHD, and running through some symptoms.

It may be that this is not the case at all. Then there are many possible reasons why you may feel this way.

However, if it is ADHD then maybe your entire changes.


"I wanted only to try to live in accord with my true Self. Why was that so very difficult?" - Herse

"As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” - Goethe

"There are no bad parts" - Schwartz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SLuxy I actually was diagnosed with ADHD lol. I haven't taken any action on the diagnosis though. 


"You Create Magic" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I drink one cup daily. I don't really feel a difference if I remove it from my diet or not, I just drink it for taste. Maybe some people are just less sensitive.

I do feel a difference if I am extremely tired or sleep deprived though. When I drank coffee during school, I could definitely feel the boost, but if I'm not tired to begin with I don't notice anything. Maybe you're not getting enough energy from your diet, not sure.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a full time job and go to school. It's absolutely necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oddly, caffeine has no effect on me. I get no boost from it, nor any addiction or withdrawal.

Modafinil FTW! ;)


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Oddly, caffeine has no effect on me. I get no boost from it, nor any addiction or withdrawal.

Modafinil FTW! ;)

I think some people are more inclined to like CNS stimulants because of brain chemistry probably, caffeine totally works for me, makes me anxious as hell though, which is its downside. 


Dont look at me! Look inside!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Oddly, caffeine has no effect on me. I get no boost from it, nor any addiction or withdrawal.

 

interesting coffee for me is an amazing stimulant. i feel energized happy and more conscious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love coffee but had to quit my daily habit because of the addictiveness. I can't stand it that coffee controls (even a bit) how I feel or how I interact with others.

Of course coffee boosts my mood and makes me more effective for some time but to me it feels like cheating, not to mention the caffeine crash I pay for that momentary high.

To me getting over the addiction I've kind of needed to "change my ID" to more healthy person to replace the cup with a bottle of healthy smootie :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Snader said:

I love coffee but had to quit my daily habit because of the addictiveness. I can't stand it that coffee controls (even a bit) how I feel or how I interact with others.

 

me too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, I love coffee.

I don't really get any positive boost from it anymore and no jittery, anxiety and stuff like that either. I just drink it mostly because of the taste and the ritual. What I mean by ritual is that I've got a manual coffee grinder and a moka pot. It's always fun to brew fresh coffee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spicy chai tea with honey and coconut milk > coffee


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Spicy chai tea with honey and coconut milk > coffee

Or yerba mate with some fruity flavor is one of my favourites too. 


Dont look at me! Look inside!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Oddly, caffeine has no effect on me. I get no boost from it, nor any addiction or withdrawal.

Modafinil FTW! ;)

I'm extremely sensitive to caffeine. One cup after 5pm and i don't sleep. 

Do you usually take 1/4th or the whole pill? And do you take it with the rest of nootropics you shared in the vid? 

Took 1/4th for the first time and it lasted from 8 am to 12 pm, with 1 hour come up and 6 hour drop at night

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

You are Dog. - Geo Lura.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

I've always been super careful with my caffeine consumption since it's so easy to become dependent on. But I've been off daily caffeine for months and I still feel like I need an extra boost. I crave caffeine almost every day. I do have a physically demanding job but I still feel like I shouldn't "need" caffeine like I've been craving it. What am I doing wrong? 

I drink decaff with some dark cacao and coconut cream, non sweeteners.

You can draw energy from other places , like light workouts / cardio throughout the day, dona sprint or dance off, boost oxigen in your body with some short breathig exercises, learn how to pump your own emotional state and have aomet good laughs, take a shower ( any temperature works for me ) , grab some nootropics ,making sure you are drinking enough water and getting enough electrolites ( sodium potasium magnesium calcium) and other essential micronutrients, try keto diet and quit sugar ( extremely fluctuates your energy levels) , sing or speak out loud ( expression energizes you) or wrestle a friend or someone if you are playful enough, also very energizing.

Or steal an orange from the store and run off. Spicy adrenaline rush for you there ?

Edited by mmKay

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

You are Dog. - Geo Lura.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mmKay said:

Do you usually take 1/4th or the whole pill? And do you take it with the rest of nootropics you shared in the vid? 

1/4th

The rest of the nootropics are unnecessary with modafinil.


You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rilles said:

I think some people are more inclined to like CNS stimulants because of brain chemistry probably, caffeine totally works for me, makes me anxious as hell though, which is its downside. 

It also makes me very anxious. 

 

3 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

There's actually no harm in having like a cup per day unless your CYP1A1 liver enzyme family is genetically weak to a degree that having a cup means getting instant anxiety and feeling like a heroin withdrawal addict. There is actually a decent amount of health benefits from occasional coffee although nothing beats a green tea 

The anxiety coffee gives me sounds kind of like that, but not as severe to the point I feel like a heroin addict withdrawing. I do really enjoy green tea, a nice boost for sure. 

 

1 hour ago, mmKay said:

You can draw energy from other places , like light workouts / cardio throughout the day, dona sprint or dance off, boost oxigen in your body with some short breathig exercises, learn how to pump your own emotional state and have aomet good laughs, take a shower ( any temperature works for me ) , grab some nootropics ,making sure you are drinking enough water and getting enough electrolites ( sodium potasium magnesium calcium) and other essential micronutrients, try keto diet and quit sugar ( extremely fluctuates your energy levels) , sing or speak out loud ( expression energizes you) or wrestle a friend or someone if you are playful enough, also very energizing.

I really like all your ideas. I am eating a lot of sugar right now. I've been working on the expression part, it does feel so good. Thanks for mentioning that. 


"You Create Magic" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

It also makes me very anxious. 

 

First few hours when the dopamine hits its creativity and happiness then when the noradrenalin (I think) takes over its existential crisis haha. Its very rollercoaster-ish.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm finding that I can handle coffee well less and less as time goes on. I get the anxiety sometimes and generally just a tension in my head. It is fun once in a while though. I really like white tea right now. it's high antioxidants, lower fluoride levels than other teas. Rather than demonizing anything, just be mindful and listen to your body. The point is to feel your best not to have the "ideal" diet as if there even was such a thing. 


My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now