Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Parththakkar12

How to get rid of social anxiety?

14 posts in this topic

What has worked for you? What do you think has helped you achieve results?

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

What kind of social anxiety are we talking about here and why exactly does it bother you?

6 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

What has worked for you? What do you think has helped you achieve results?

Simply experience, experience, experience. Trust the anxiety will cure itself as you get more experience. The nervousness you feel is an emotion based in anticipation, so once you're in the situations actually socializing and making it happen it fades.

Once you figure out your socializing "style" or "niche" you'll know what to go to and that anticipation feeling that summons a bunch of negative and uncomfortable thoughts will go away, or at least be much weaker.

You'll find that people are actually a lot less judgmental and don't care as much as your anxiety is telling you.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

5 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Dissolving beliefs about yourself

This.

If youre socially anxious like I was what changed me was realizing that I have 100s of negative thoughts about myself in social situations, I really believed everyone didnt like me but I didnt know it because it was unconscious of it, so during therapy we started going through all my thoughts and now Im pretty much cured, I still feel anxious in my body but I dont believe in my negative thoughts anymore.

So, my tip is, notice how you think in social situations and start writing it down. This may take you 6-12 months depending on severity, but youll start noticing it pretty quickly if you start being aware of your patterns in these types of situations. 

PM if you want to know more. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1. Reading some basic books about being more social

2. Visualizion every day like 10 minutes of you being social outgoing etc

3. Meditation which helps you be in the present moment.

4. ACTUALLY BEING SOCIAL and meeting people.

5. Be social in a conscious way so you can improve fast.

6. Do Leo's funny filtering thing (Watch his video: How to be funny) and practice it while out.

Honestly just being social is like 85 percent of the whole thing but the other 5 points will maximize your results fast. However doing all the other 5 points BUT not being social will not do shit for you, so BE SOCIAL.

By social i mean meeting new people as often as you can, learning to enjoy small talk, trying to be funny and a goofball (at least for practice), become geniounly interested in other people. If you really want to supercharge it try to become social with members of opposite sex, that will grow you a lot. Also try to find a healthy balance between being honest and unfiltered and being a mean dick. 

Practice, practice, practice. I used to be super shy and not social and in time it gets fixed but you need to do it a lot. See any interaction as practice and a chance to improve, do not focus a lot whether this person liked you or not. Just see it as a chance to grow.

Simply being social won't cure your social anxiety; it can help you learn to suppress it and act as if you don't have it. Unless you do some trauma therapy / emotional processing in conjunction with it.

Even guys that approached women 10,000 times still get approach anxiety. They just got good at ignoring it.

43 minutes ago, vladorion said:

Simply being social won't cure your social anxiety; it can help you learn to suppress it and act as if you don't have it. Unless you do some trauma therapy / emotional processing in conjunction with it.

Even guys that approached women 10,000 times still get approach anxiety. They just got good at ignoring it.

I disagree. Being social (with a deliberate practice mindset) will eradicate social anxiety.

It's Love.

@Parththakkar12 Literally all you need to do. Seriously. Is focus in on your pure awareness (yes something an extremely small percentage of the population actually do, except rabbits, they have higher awareness status than most of us) and drive your concentration on it like a fucking beast. And you'll be all good ;) .

On 21/2/2021 at 5:10 PM, vladorion said:

Your understanding of anxiety is flawed.

If you have a healthy survival mechanism, anxiety need to happen so you can know what actions are more risky or less risky in society.

What cures social anxiety is the discovery that anxiety is not your enemy, but rather your reaction to it.

You have to accept that anxiety, and not label it as "bad". The labeling as "bad" and the belief that the anxiety is wrong or shouldn't be there, is actually what creates the suffering. Not the anxiety itself.

Of course, there are some cases of extreme anxiety. Which a lot of times even incapacitates the mind and the body. In some extreme cases this needs to be deal with it. But it's not most people cases.