Max_V

Why is Enlightenment random?

38 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Max_V said:

This has been on my mind for a while.

Although personally I'm not at a point where I've chosen to full on pursuit enlightenment, this is because there are many things I need to work on first, from all the sources I've read and listened to it appears to me that Enlightenment is a random thing, not something that one can instantly choose to have happen. 

Enlightenment is not a thing, and is only veiled by the thoughts which support, that you are a thing. 

Enlightenment can never happen to you. Enlightenment is such that no one gets “enlightened”.

There is only enlightenment. There are no “enlightened people”.  

From those that have a deeper understanding of the Universe than me, why does it work this way? It seems so weird that the people that have chosen to step into complete Truth cannot just decide to awaken, but have to wait for some random moment.

All the best. 

No one’s understanding of the universe (duality) is as direct as your direct experience right now, as the universe (nonduality).  Awakening happens every single day. You’re wakefulness right now. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Random vs structured is a duality, so it's a thought and not actual. Time is a thought, and cause and effect are thoughts in a dualistic world, which you create and place yourself in, in thought. It's going beyond all of these things, seeing them for what they are and knowing that you are not that, not a thing caught in time, but the awareness of the thoughts that make time seem to appear... as another thought. That Awareness which IS you paradoxically opens "you" up to breakthroughs, as it is the breakthrough. You are already completely open and susceptible. Problem is, you think this is a problem, that you are a problem, that has a problem. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

14 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Problem is, you think this is a problem, that you are a problem, that has a problem. 

:D: is it really a problem?  
O.o: what problem?! 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

20 minutes ago, Tim R said:

The dynamite is 5-MeO for surexD

I think, I begin with sticks and nets :) Any idea, what can be considered as sticks and nets?

I really liked what Anna Brown said in one of her video.

We are often said "you can wake yourself up" and this can lead to the self/ego thinking it needs to "change" itself into an "awakened self". As if being awake is a property of the self. "Oh my god! I'm not awake right now! Ok gotta try harder! Ok let's go". None of this leads to awakening.

I think it seems random because it doesn't happen when you try hard but it happens when you stop trying or stop thinking there is a self that needs to awaken.

Edited by 4201

10 minutes ago, allislove said:

Is it really a problem? ?

Problem = Challenge? 

problem (n.)

late 14c., probleme, "a difficult question proposed for discussion or solution; a riddle; a scientific topic for investigation," from Old French problème (14c.) and directly from Latin problema, from Greek problēma "a task, that which is proposed, a question;" also "anything projecting, headland, promontory; fence, barrier;" also "a problem in geometry," literally "thing put forward," from proballein "propose," from pro "forward"

https://www.etymonline.com/word/problem

Challenge = Fun.

fun (n.)

"diversion, amusement, mirthful sport," 1727, earlier "a cheat, trick" (c. 1700), from verb fun (1680s) "to cheat, hoax," which is of uncertain origin, probably a variant of Middle English fonnen "befool" (c. 1400; see fond). https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=fun

giphy.gif

challenge (v.)

c. 1200, "to rebuke," from Old French chalongier "complain, protest; haggle, quibble," from Vulgar Latin *calumniare "to accuse falsely," from Latin calumniari "to accuse falsely, misrepresent, slander," from calumnia "trickery" (see calumny).

From late 13c. as "to object to, take exception to;" c. 1300 as "to accuse," especially "to accuse falsely," also "to call to account;" late 14c. as "to call to fight." Also used in Middle English with sense "claim, take to oneself."   https://www.etymonline.com/search?q=challenge

So if you accept the objection, you canceled it out as if it never was, I guess. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Max_V WHY IS IT RANDOM?

The best answer to the way you're asking the question is this: because it's already the case.

It's kinda like If you were searching for your glasses in your house while already wearing them the whole time. Looking right thru them / overlooking them and searching for them. Now, one may ask, why is the finding of the glasses random - and it's because it can be discovered at anytime as it's always in sight... as they aren't truly lost. the illusion can be seen thru a minute into the search and also 10 hours after the search. something like a sneeze can bring one's attention to the fact that he's already wearing the glasses, or perhaps passing in-front of a mirror or maybe sitting down after tired of searching and then focus shifts on the glass in-front of the eyes - RANDOM because there's no 1 thing which is the ONLY way to bring about the discovery - especially a discovery of something which ALREADY is the case.

enlightenment... it's already what you are. thus Random is very much likely :)

yet, there's ways of increasing the likelihood - don't forget that. if the goal is to be struck by lightening, one cannot expect much success if hiding in the basement during thunderstorms. perhaps going outdoors, on top of a hill with a metal rod will increase the odds of this still very much random event of being struck by lightening 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

i followed my "purpose" or "passion" and got what i got (good and bad), i dont think its random, i gave my best on all fields....

"Enlightenment means you are an unblemished life. No branding." ~ Sadghguru

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

If it's going to happen, it will happen. If not, then it won't. 

The thing is, you are something that is happening, not something that 'does things'. 

The only thing you really ever do is 'be like yourself', and you're always doing it, without ever trying to. 

Asking why Enlightenment is random is like asking, 'why does my hair grow how it does?'.   You're not 'growing your hair'.. your hair is growing how it does.  If it grows out of your head this way and that, then that's how it grows.   The same is true for your thoughts.  You aren't 'thinking thoughts'. Thoughts are occurring.. and just like your hair growing... you never have to try to do it. 

Be how you are in every moment, because 'being how you are' is all you ever do. (what else can you do?)

Good luck!  

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Does not seem to be random even in Eckhart Tolle case, he did deep self inquiry, with intense will to give up on him self and he was done.

Only bizarre Enlightenments experience I have heard is one told by Sadhgur, both in how it happened and how it was gradual change. 

It can be random and sought after.

"Do not seek illumination unless you seek it as a man whose hair is on fire seeks a pond"

-  Sri Ramakrishna

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

12 hours ago, SoonHei said:

@Max_V WHY IS IT RANDOM?

The best answer to the way you're asking the question is this: because it's already the case.

It's kinda like If you were searching for your glasses in your house while already wearing them the whole time. Looking right thru them / overlooking them and searching for them. Now, one may ask, why is the finding of the glasses random - and it's because it can be discovered at anytime as it's always in sight... as they aren't truly lost. the illusion can be seen thru a minute into the search and also 10 hours after the search. something like a sneeze can bring one's attention to the fact that he's already wearing the glasses, or perhaps passing in-front of a mirror or maybe sitting down after tired of searching and then focus shifts on the glass in-front of the eyes - RANDOM because there's no 1 thing which is the ONLY way to bring about the discovery - especially a discovery of something which ALREADY is the case.

thunderstorms. perhaps going outdoors, on top of a hill with a metal rod will increase the odds of this still very much random event of being struck by lightening 

? ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Your always-present beingness is here.

Enlightenment is here.

Will it come from another place? From some far-off distant land? At some future time? Depending on the circumstances?

Becoming aware of what you actually are isn't random at all. You are already that.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

15 hours ago, Hulia said:

I think, I begin with sticks and nets :) Any idea, what can be considered as sticks and nets?

• sleep yoga
  • lucid dreaming (taking psychedelics there)
  • shamanic breathing
  • transmissions
  • dark room retreat
  • sensory deprivation tank