LastThursday

What's your biggest flaw?

49 posts in this topic

@fridjonk Don't you know that the man of action precedes the man of thought? :D

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

@fridjonk what? Not use the forum? Now that's something I definitely need to go off and contemplate deeply.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

The ‘better’ half of my posts are a vague rambling void of any actual insight or utilization. More an opportunity than a flaw, but accurate nonetheless. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The ‘better’ half of my posts are a vague rambling void of any actual insight or utilization. 

9_99_99_9

Procastination

This is the only flaw I am not working on. ;)

Nope you're not going to trick me... you are already perfect.

The dictator that judges whether something is a flaw or a strength is just the conditioned mind.

A flaw to one person might be seen as a strength to another. They cancel each other out and equal 0. 

Value meaning purpose truth flaw strength reason right wrong good bad

All conditioned mind made concepts.... 

Perfection is already the case whether anyone agrees with it or not.

See Perfection doesn't require agreeance with it... it's just the case ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

My biggest flaw is self-judgment. It was the greatest source of my suffering for a long time, and even now, it remains my ego's favorite weapon. It is only when I am Consciously present that the judgment is dissolved by love.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

• Scrolling the forum too much just to waste time or distract myself
  • Not reading all the old threads filled with good advice on problems I have in the Health & Nutrition section, and applying the advice

As for my personality, sometimes I'm arrogant and less openminded because of it. But the source of that "arrogance" is a confidence or "knowing" that I've experienced or have inquired about something. If you feel accomplished or proficient in whatever domain, I think "arrogance" sprouting from confidence is almost inevitable unless you're careful. 

That confidence can obviously get coopted by insecurities and etc

Sometimes I attack and antagonise people I think are very foolish. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

2 hours ago, Megan Alecia said:

My main worry is that I'm young and think I may be stupider than I thought/think. I also think a lot about the quality of my journals, if they're actually good or I'm just having pipe dreams about them. Lol

Same  

I think my biggest problem is that when I reply to a thread or write a post in my journal, I tend to have very long responses. It's because I want to be thorough and explain my ideas but I'm afraid that makes me annoying and difficult to connect to since most people probably don't want to read a super detailed response. I'm quiet irl but I'm afraid that I'm too talkative here. Perhaps this is a matter of insecurity and perhaps instead that is my flaw. 

Also, speaking as a woman, the dating section sometimes triggers me (I'm mainly talking about the stuff that has a little red pill sprinkled in). I try to stay away from it so that I'm not super reactive but sometimes it gets the best of me. I'm trying to get better at it though. 

Edited by soos_mite_ah

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

and there's more:

-i get tired very easily, and i run away very often.

8 minutes ago, soos_mite_ah said:

It's because I want to be thorough and explain my ideas but I'm afraid that makes me annoying and difficult to connect to since most people probably don't want to read a super detailed response. 

I got into the habit of making my paragraphs short. To break up text more. Because my eyes go trippy if I see large blocks of text which aren't differentiated. But that's a me thing. 

If your posts just have that many words though then simply breaking up the text more won't make much a difference. But either way, I'm sure there are ways to write it, format it and present it that make it engaging.

But also remember that you can't please or attract everyone to your post, so just do what your version of good is 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

I don't think there's anything wrong with either short or long responses, except at the extremes. Single word or three word sentences are probably useless and 20 paragraph responses are probably not going to be read in depth.  But hey, that's just my judgement.

The Emperor's New Clothes

A flaw is something that doesn't resonate and is self-deceptively being used to not introspect - anything that upholds the self-image of being clothed.

No. 1 is distraction:

• Little work ethic that gets covered up through spiritual bypassing.
    • Exploration of mind (w/ psychedelics) w/o foundation.
  • Intellectual bypassing through mental masturbation: consuming information, believing these lenses to be designed by me, feeling good while having no foundation.
    • No clear boundary when too much info is too much.
  • Avoidance to having my constructs/lenses challenged especially those I haven't investigated much.
  • Believing rationalizations.
  • Fragile arrogance.
    • Being on pedestal. Fear of being not on pedestal.
  • Fear of greatness ("higher self" living).
  • Delusionally believing to be brilliant & competent. Fragile. Avoidance of that being exposed.
  • "Loving" everyone else except me.

Regarding the forum:

• Skipping large blocks of text 80% of the time.
  • At times just skipping to comments of those users I know who have an interesting perspective.
  • Using it as distraction (see intellectual bypassing above).
    • Not really knowing when too much is too much.
  • Practice & theory unbalanced.
Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

1. Using the forum interactions to feel validated, seen.
  2. Have a tendency of repeating and re-formulating my point over and over again if I don't feel like it has been acknowledged or understood
  3. My points tend to be abstract and I sometimes can drop a witty non dual one-liner just to confuse people
  4. Getting into inner contest with other advisors and comparing myself to them (Mandy, Nahm)
  5. Not nearly as humorous as I'd like to be
  6. Too much concern about my profile and journal statistics

These will improve over time when I heal my traumas.

I am deliberately not writing about using the forum too much because it is not a problem with the forum perse, but a problem with the current structure of my life.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@LastThursday

What a refreshing thread man.

Can I say that without it being validating, or taken to be implied as intended to be validating? ? I don’t know but it doesn’t seem so. But that’s just on me. Lol! Or reversed, and projected ‘back onto me’ that it is said for sake of self image inflation, for ego to be stroked as it is an “astute” or “genuine” or “insightful” ploy of a comment, and thus it can only be a seeking of validation?  Is it arrogant on my part to even have used the quotations on... ‘back onto me’?   L.m.a.o. Seems simple, like, “great thread, vulnerable comes to mind, from the heart, cutting the shit so to speak, a thread of a place of ‘real’ expression”. 

2 hours ago, blackchair said:

9_99_99_9

....But then there is also the experience right now of realizing there isn’t even a clear knowing of what those emoji’s mean, or are intended to imply, if they even are intended to convey anything. Lol!  What do emoji’s imply lol! I don’t know! I commonly think so but I don’t really have any idea. It initially seems like an extremely light shame oriented triple emoji, sort of eye roll like ‘get over yourself’, or ‘here he goes milking even the vulnerable thread’. Can’t stop laughing! Literally no idea what’s going on. Not adding an emoji now in an attempt to convey this laughter is lighthearted and that that isn’t in any disagreement or dissonance with having used the least popular word on earth, shame, in the explanation. But now I’ve said it twice! Lol! And now I’ve accused someone of “shaming”, the antithetical of the holy grail the format is made for!!!! The peace that surpasses all understanding, and yet doesn’t stop the show at all.

Great thread dude.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I sometimes have unrealistically high expectations for people and am short on patience with things that trigger me. I sometimes get so wrapped up in the flow of writing/reading here that I can't snap out of it quickly when I need to and do what I need to do. 

I sometimes project what I believe/assume about a person and make all kinds of crazy assumptions about them. Sort of like I thought Nahm was a woman for months but I do the same with pretty much every user. I then read what they say and interact through a filter of memory and bias and my emotional state at the time. Once I've seen your avatar/screenname, I've already judged you and already have expectations. xD Sorry. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Nope you're not going to trick me... you are already perfect.

The dictator that judges whether something is a flaw or a strength is just the conditioned mind.

A flaw to one person might be seen as a strength to another. They cancel each other out and equal 0. 

Value meaning purpose truth flaw strength reason right wrong good bad

All conditioned mind made concepts.... 

Perfection is already the case whether anyone agrees with it or not.

See Perfection doesn't require agreeance with it... it's just the case ❤

Loosen up man, be vulnerable, go with the flow and stop analysing everything to see if it holds up to non dual dogma. 

@Nahm thanks I take the compliment. I'm just practising some altruism and trying to hold up a non-judgemental mirror. Or something like that!

Thanks to everyone so far for your wonderful open and frank answers. Keep 'em coming.

Edited by LastThursday