Anon212

Sadhguru Radical Claims

114 posts in this topic

I probably should have mentioned what moksha just said. These are restricted teachings. He doesn't put them out in public. I think he's aware of the need to remain 'logical' to appeal to the masses and that is evident in his normal videos. Leo, on the other hand, appeals to a very small number of people because of the nature of the stuff he teaches. I think the way I put these forward i.e. in a list does not do it justice. He seems to be a bit more graceful when he says these things and does not strike me as arrogant. Though I may be naïve. In any case, as many of you guys have said - believing is one thing and being/experiencing is another. I have a child-like wonder so I often find myself watching  these kind of videos and I will continue to do so. I am not neglecting my practices. Stuart Wilde is another fellow with quite rash claims and he does write quite riveting books. Really, what I wanted to know was if it was possible to be radically open minded while filtering through the bullshit. If understanding parallel universes is a possibility, I would like to pursue it. If it isn't, why waste my time? How am I supposed to know? The way some of you guys responded to the above is the same way in which my friend responds to me if I talk to him about non-duality.  :/. 'How do you know this and I don't, you're just arrogant' and really I know nothing. But again, I appreciate that nothing is above your own direct experience. 

46 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Ramana Maharshi stil had an ego; otherwise he wouldn´t be functional; he wouldn´t have preferences (to get out of bed or lunch for example) so he would died. Enlighment = transcend, not destroy ego.

Actions doesn't mean ego, doings just happens without any identifications, ego is i thoughts. I am who is the doer thought is gone when there's no more ego. If you're interested read talks with Ramana Maharshi book.

Edited by m0hsen

5 hours ago, Anon212 said:

Do you guys think we are witnessing an extraordinary human being or maybe he might be spewing some bs here. I am sceptical but I still want to visit his ashram. What are your thoughts on this sort of thing? How does one stay "radically open minded" and filter out the rubbish?

I think he's a fraud.

I appreciate his wisdom and knowledge and i definitely don't think he is fraud. I just feel and smell his strong ego too which i wish there wasn't. But i hope I'm wrong.

He is the pope of non-duality, spreading the dogma of truth throughout the world. He who raises the dead and restores sight to the blind. bow down incredulous !!

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Personally, I find no value in some esoteric explorations, at this stage of my spiritual journey. I don't discredit them, I simply don't see them as helpful for my spiritual growth.

I can relate. 

I can see how esoteric explorations add to my ego and create ideas about me being special. This takes me away from the present moment and experience.

I feel way more authentic and truthful when I focus on emptying and deconstructing myself and inviting love and compassion. 

softly into the Abyss...

The only value in saying things like this is to motivate us to go deeper and deeper and not stop at any certain stage. So guys, just stop of the silly denying theme  and embrace that there is very deep states that we all can reach. 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

18 minutes ago, Anon212 said:

@Blackhawk Could you explain why you think this?

Because he claims he can do lots of stuff which would be easy to prove. Yet he doesn't prove.

And he also claims lots of other ridiculous stuff.

And people pay him.

Try to use your own intelligence.. There's sooo much bullshit, delusion and fraud in the world.

Set your aim on truth, not wishful thinking or insanity. Basically, words mean nothing. Don't trust just words. And also, even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it's true. You need some kind of evidence.

Edited by Blackhawk

@Breakingthewall  @Intraplanetary I don't often quote the bible, but this seems apt:

Then some of the scribes and Pharisees said to Him, “Teacher, we want to see a sign from You.” But He answered and said to them, “An evil and adulterous generation craves for a sign; and yet no sign will be given to it but the sign of Jonah."

- Matthew 12:38-39

Enlightenment isn't attained through siddhis and signs. As for the sign of Jonah...be careful what you ask for 9_9

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

29 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

and restores sight to the blind. bow down incredulous !!

oh god i need that ASAP

14 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

@Moksha since you are moderator you speak in koans ??

Heh, I've spoken in koans since I first read the Bhagavad Gita 9_9

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

Enlightenment isn't attained through siddhis and signs. As for the sign of Jonah...be careful what you ask for 9_9

Amen -_-

softly into the Abyss...

@Anon212 I would say that ultimately it doesn't matter if he can levitate, raise the dead, cure blindness or anything else "supernatural." It would be entertaining to see him doing some of these things, but the act itself won't make your life better (well in reality it could save you from death or make you see again, but it won't make you spiritualy better, wouldn't make you a better person per se).

You could argue that by using of his yogic powers, he could do a lot of good in the world (like heal many people), but there are reasons why they shoud not be used (connected to principle of karma and other reasons).

What is important is what he can offer you as a teacher. You said you'd like to visit his ashram for 7 months - would be very interesting if you could report here after you'll be back from there. :-)

If he ever chooses to do levitation for us in any way can he make pigs fly ? :D

Edited by Lyubov

4 hours ago, Intraplanetary said:

I can relate. 

I can see how esoteric explorations add to my ego and create ideas about me being special. This takes me away from the present moment and experience.

I feel way more authentic and truthful when I focus on emptying and deconstructing myself and inviting love and compassion. 

Love is truth. Everything else ego at play.

well ... I just saw an 8 minute video of shadguru. I really couldn't get past minute 6. It says that there is an energy called Akashic, from the emptiness of the universe. There are those who are blessed by that energy and everything turns out well, and others who do not, and things turn out badly. (incel, poor people, people from Africa, people who have it small, etc, I guess) but! All is not lost, thank God! If in the morning, when the sun is exactly 30 degrees above the horizon, you bend over ... the energy will help you! yesssss oh yes shadguru. the guru for everyone

@Breakingthewall Lol, I haven't seen that one. The few I did see, including a nice one in the canyons of southern Utah which I've visited, were relatable.

Just had a synchronicity ⚡ with this thread a few mins ago. I was reading, and came across this quote from Ram Dass:

Spiritual power can lead one astray. The nineteenth-century Bengali saint Ramakrishna said, if you get siddhis, psychic powers, on the spiritual path, don't use them. They get you in trouble. He meant that if you identify with being powerful, you can get caught up in a spiritual ego and forget surrendering and merging into God.