Anon212

Sadhguru Radical Claims

114 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

According to Ramana Maharshi's teaching: Ego is "I" thoughts, some examples.

I'm this or that ( body or mind),

I want to become healthy,

I want to become a powerful full yogi and not a weak yogi,

I want to become sexy,

I want a hot witch girl friend,

I want to become a millionaire,

I want to explore other dimensions of life,

I want to understand how creation works,

I want to experience life beyond current realized dimension, and or manipulate reality,

So he teaches to just seek the source of the thoughts which is "I", and keep your awareness  on "I-I" and you come to realize your true nature.

So as long as "you" have fun exploring, understanding, enjoying higher conscious states there's still "you" and the external world apart from you. You cannot understand or think of your desires of any kind ( even spiritual desires) without an ego-mind.

"Understanding is the greatest illusion"

-Buddha

All relativism between This and That, and the relevance of other dimensions of experience that are not non-dual drop away when you are established in non-duality, but transcendence of the ego and non-dual experience of life is still one dimension of experience

The emphasis is on rising above the ego through purificatory means, which differs from transcendence because you naturally attain to non-duality when the grosser dimensions of who you are, the solar system being your extended body, and the five elements being the makeup for your physical body, are purified and the memory and karma in the form of the physical, mental, pranic and etheric bodies no longer determine who you are

Transcendence of the mind's duality occurs on the outset when you are initiated into and commit to a potent system of yoga, and Isha's are exclusive in the sense that they work towards transcendence on the level of your awareness, which is what you are referring to, and by purifying the energy system's connection to reality on an elemental and pranic (solar) level so that your realization is grounded in all dimensions of experience

The very reason for Sadhguru's description of Saints and Gurus and Ramana Maharshi not caring about the sheathes of the body, is to explain that realization through transcendence alone neglects other manifestations of reality, which causes you to mistake the psychologically transcendental, non-dual dimension of life to be an all encompassing solution towards the world's and life's problems

Dharma, Vedanta and all mental forms of spiritual teachings exist to help us to connect to our Vijnanaamaya kosha (wisdom sheathe) in Hinduism or Dharmakaya (wisdom body) in Buddhism. By applying non-dual teaching you are connecting to a subtler bodily sheathe which is connected to reality from the level of your awareness, and transcending the elements within the mind-stream rather than purifying the root cause of your disconnection to reality in the form of elemental, pranic, mental and physical karma

Hinduism teaches that Buddhism is regressive and originally devised for monks because instead of purifying your lifetimes of karma, by purifying your system and permanently attaining to non-duality, you are ONLY transcending life so that you can cut off from all of your karma at death. Gautama's intention was to regress all of humanity into monks so that they could be liberated at death, rather than allowing people to live a full life by both transcending and purifying their karma 

If you only establish yourself in non-duality by transcending all other modes of life, you exaggerate the application of that one dimension of life to all of the world's and life's problems, Gautama's mission failed by definition because he limited himself to this one dimension and application of spirituality for the larger public

The Hindu approach is to transcend and purify your karma, and to rise above the cyclical limitations of the grosser bodies (physical, mental, energetic) so that the cyclical karma of your past lives is exhausted. This is what experiencing life fully means, rising above the limitations of the mind, body and energy system by purifying your connection to reality at the most fundamental levels (elemental, pranic), and experiencing all that there is to experience in life so that you also become liberated from the cycles of life and death. Hatha means to purify the elements (the subtlest space), and also to purify your energy's connection to the Sun and Moon so that your gross karma is exhausted and you evolve as a Being, freeing your consciousness from these cycles of creation

There are very potent methods and processes towards attaining this, and Isha (and others if you look in the right places) initiate people into these processes. If you are a serious seeker then you should experience these processes first-hand alongside the grace of a Guru before you come to any real conclusions. Taking substances which explode you into high dimensions of experience and then cause you to come back down to the karmic cycles of your mental body, your psychological experience of reality, and exaggerate the importance of such experiences is a complete misunderstanding of spirituality

Edited by Phrenic

Well, to all those who want to take skeptical position or think he is a fraud, lol, just do his isha kriya for 90 days, once a day or attend his programs or learn sambhavi mahamudra, and TEST for yourself. Obviously this mindset of wanting to find one/few reasons to dismiss just about everything/big things in life.

Will this mindset help you grow? You will be on these forums disagreeing forever.

If you really want to know, you will also know, this is what I and people like @Chi_ did.

Peace.

6 hours ago, Applegarden said:

Well, to all those who want to take skeptical position or think he is a fraud, lol, just do his isha kriya for 90 days, once a day or attend his programs or learn sambhavi mahamudra, and TEST for yourself. Obviously this mindset of wanting to find one/few reasons to dismiss just about everything/big things in life.

Will this mindset help you grow? You will be on these forums disagreeing forever.

If you really want to know, you will also know, this is what I and people like @Chi_ did.

Peace.

You know what, I will. I'll be back at this post in 90 days for my report.

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~

Siddhis are real and they have been shown to countless people but then those people die or are not believed and thus the cycle of skepticism continues. 

Siddhis ultimately aren’t worth attaining and are just byproducts from consistent sadhana. I myself have experience telepathy and other things I can’t really explain from just doing his chants and isha kriya not even the full 48 day mandala or 90 day mandala. This stuff has worked for 1000s of years but the problem is the amount of people actually doing sadhana and showing it off it so minuscule that it will probably never be accepted in the mainstream until everyone is doing it.

Sadhguru doesn’t say he’s the only way but they say when the student is ready the guru appears and I believe a guru is extremely important for realization. It doesn’t have to be him but it’s still important at least in the traditional since. It’s like a Sherpa up a mountain or a map to the territory. It’s very useful

4 hours ago, SpiritualAwakening said:

Good I will follow on your profile, feel free to PM me anytime if you want to. Remember, do it not because I said, but because you are finding out what you want to find out.

And before you reach to ANY conclusions:

- Did you do it sincerely (by following optional guidlines, it is okay to slip, be distracted, it's ok, just come back to the process), regularly, once a day, so it builds up, mark a calendar or something;

Make sure not to concentrate too much on the third eye, I won't tell you any spoilers/it is nothing extreme, but VERY significant. What you reap is what you sowe.

Best of luck!

Edited by Applegarden

59 minutes ago, Applegarden said:

Good I will follow on your profile, feel free to PM me anytime if you want to. Remember, do it not because I said, but because you are finding out what you want to find out.

And before you reach to ANY conclusions:

- Did you do it sincerely (by following optional guidlines, it is okay to slip, be distracted, it's ok, just come back to the process), regularly, once a day, so it builds up, mark a calendar or something;

Make sure not to concentrate too much on the third eye, I won't tell you any spoilers/it is nothing extreme, but VERY significant. What you reap is what you sowe.

Best of luck!

Thank you, I will do this with an open mind even though I do question his claims. You don't have to tell me anything about sincerity because I walked/walk my path completely alone with a strong bias against my own thoughts and not giving my authority away along the way, without any guidance or practice. I'll do the same with these 'Practices' even thought I do not agree to 'discipline' 'practice' 'following guidelines'. You will hear from me :)

Edited by SpiritualAwakening

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~

18 hours ago, SpiritualAwakening said:

Thank you, I will do this with an open mind even though I do question his claims. You don't have to tell me anything about sincerity because I walked/walk my path completely alone with a strong bias against my own thoughts and not giving my authority away along the way, without any guidance or practice. I'll do the same with these 'Practices' even thought I do not agree to 'discipline' 'practice' 'following guidelines'. You will hear from me :)

Well, with 'guidelines' I mean, most importantly the gentle focus on the third eye and putting most of the attention on the movement of the breath while checking if your eyes are slightly upturned so it creates that natural/gentle focus. You can do yoga wrong you can do an asana wrong or be in the wrong condition to do the asana (full stomach of food for example) and it can cause harm, pain, and bigger issues.

Okay, its okay about the sincerety thing, what I was saying with sincerety is, doing no more or less just to get the optimal benefits from the practice, obviously I didn't mean devotion or anything, that is with you, as you explained.

Even if you don't deliver results (which I really doubt, since for me some results/difference happened about day 10) this method of checking for yourself will prove worthwhile at some point on your life.

For sure, I would love to hear! If you are really interested you can also watch some isha kriya feedback vids.

Edited by Applegarden

Sadhguru often mentions "do nothing"  meditation which you just sit and drop all mental and physical activities.  If you can do this you absolutely don't need anything else to grow in your spiritual path! :)

That's what Osho says about meditation too.

And what I'm trying to say is that if you are like me who cannot travel around the world and reach India to get a guru, your don't actually need to! All you have to do is start practicing simple Kriya Yoga techniques which everyone know about and still your mind and then practise "do nothing" or being aware of awarenesses. That's it! But you need to properly learn and understand the Kriya techniques with as much detail as possible! And never burn out your energy system, often have some breaks and let the system recover and rest if you feel you need to and then continue when you feel ready again.

Edited by m0hsen

3 hours ago, m0hsen said:

Sadhguru often mentions "do nothing"  meditation which you just sit and drop all mental and physical activities.  If you can do this you absolutely don't need anything else to grow in your spiritual path! :)

That's what Osho says about meditation too.

And what I'm trying to say is that if you are like me who cannot travel around the world and reach India to get a guru, your don't actually need to! All you have to do is start practicing simple Kriya Yoga techniques which everyone know about and still your mind and then practise "do nothing" or being aware of awarenesses. That's it! But you need to properly learn and understand the Kriya techniques with as much detail as possible! And never burn out your energy system, often have some breaks and let the system recover and rest if you feel you need to and then continue when you feel ready again.

If the path of realization is all that you are seeking then what you are saying is absolutely fine. I think that you would benefit from some of the videos on Sadhguru exclusive, he discusses the difference between enlightenment on the level of consciousness and then enlightenment in energy, which aspects like the sun and the moon and the five elements are responsible for. Consciously attending to those dimensions will be a huge support for your other practices

Your own experience is the only thing that matters, and realization cannot be demeaned because it is the very nature of things. The difference between Saints and Gurus was made because realization is one dimension of energy, and understanding that the world's problems manifest in many dimensions will open up the path more for you. Purification is multi-faceted and can be approached through various means, this is why in Isha they have created forms like the Linga Bhairavi, Suryakund and Chandrakund, and teach processes like Surya Kriya and Yogasanas and so on

Even if you only learn the Bhuta Shuddhi process from Isha and then couple it with your meditative practice, that is huge step forwards in my experience - https://isha.sadhguru.org/yoga/yoga-programs/bhuta-shuddhi/

I'm not sure where you are situated, but here are Hatha yoga instructors in most countries that teach Isha's processes - https://www.ishayoga.org/hata/teachertraining/teacher-finder/

And for anybody interested, Isha will be streaming an online ritual to cleanse the five elements in March, it is quite a minimal fee and you will receive items to take part and experience this for yourself - https://isha.sadhguru.org/global/en/yoga-meditation/grace-of-yoga

Here are some of the listed benefits  - 

CAtf12L.png

Edited by Phrenic

1 hour ago, Phrenic said:

If the path of realization is all that you are seeking then what you are saying is absolutely fine. I think that you would benefit from some of the videos on Sadhguru exclusive, he discusses the difference between enlightenment on the level of consciousness and then enlightenment in energy, which aspects like the sun and the moon and the five elements are responsible for. Consciously attending to those dimensions will be a huge support for your other practices

I actually emailed them for Sadhguru's exclusive videos but they directed me to Inner Engineering program! Should you participate in this program before being able to watch exclusive stuff?

I'm really not interested in this program since i feel its mostly for beginners.

I wish i could have access to exclusive videos without attaining to that program first.

1 hour ago, Phrenic said:

Even if you only learn the Bhuta Shuddhi process from Isha and then couple it with your meditative practice, that is huge step forwards in my experience - https://isha.sadhguru.org/yoga/yoga-programs/bhuta-shuddhi/

Thanks but unfortunately there's no Isha center in my country, i wish i could learn some of these techniques somewhere online.

Edited by m0hsen

49 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

I actually emailed them for Sadhguru's exclusive videos but they directed me to Inner Engineering program! Should you participate in this program before being able to watch exclusive stuff?

I'm really not interested in this program since i feel its mostly for beginners.

I wish i could have access to exclusive videos without attaining to that program first.

It is not a beginner program in the sense that it is any less relevant than meditative practice, I have been through Isha's advanced programs and the Hatha yoga like Bhuta Shuddhi is provided as a means to purify the root of your system. That was the difference I pointed out in attaining to realization by transcending the mind, and attaining to it as a result of purification which permanently grounds the subtler and higher dimensions within the gross. In all of Isha's programs they place emphasis on activating the muladhara before you begin your kriyas for the same reason. Transcending the mind and being gross in the rest of the body will be a lopsided development, purification allows realization to find expression in the rest of the system. Think spiral dynamics, if you are realized on the level of consciousness and not in energy then you will try to apply stage Turquoise to every other stage of life, whilst still having the gross compulsions from the other stages

Oh, you should be able to access Sadhguru Exclusive without having attended any programs. It is a monthly subscription just like Netflix. Does this link work for you? - https://isha.sadhguru.org/watch-exclusive/

Thanks but unfortunately there's no Isha center in my country, i wish i could learn some of these techniques somewhere online.

Where are you based?, there are Hatha yoga instructors in most countries, here is the teacher finder - https://www.ishayoga.org/hata/teachertraining/teacher-finder/

Edited by Phrenic

On 2/9/2021 at 8:00 PM, m0hsen said:

@Phrenic I've sent you a pm! Please check your inbox! :)

Responded :)

Sorry to clog this thread up a bit, I would love to hear about other's experiences with Sadhguru or Isha

On 2/8/2021 at 3:03 PM, SpiritualAwakening said:

Looking forwards to your report!