Valwyndir

What's Leo Gura's Biggest Flaw?

124 posts in this topic

On 1/28/2021 at 9:29 PM, Nobody_Here said:

I agree more with Huang Po's conclusions of reality. I'm not God, you're not God. There is no creator God (as Christianity, Judaism, or Islam would define God.) There is only Mind. We're all figures of the imagination dreamt up by this Mind. Interestingly, Mind is somewhat recursive as we are all having our own little Dreams within the Mind's dream. That said, Mind is not a person -- it's the uncarved block, the Void in which all All comes from.

Zen is not a complete teaching. It lacks awakening the dimension of the heart. As one zen master said, "There is no love in Zen".

Leo's biggest flaw is that he cannot see that Trump is enlightened.

32 minutes ago, vladorion said:

Leo's biggest flaw is that he cannot see that Trump is enlightened.

Enlightenment is freedom from ego. Anyone that thinks Trump has no ego doesn't understand what ego is.

Honestly, I feel sorry for him. The human is likely beyond redemption, at least in this life, but if you look past that, his Self is the same that all of us is.

Enough politics though, or I will need to self-moderate and move my post to the appropriate forum ;)

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

If Truth Be Told, I think Leo's biggest flaw is that deep down, he still wants to be special.  I can relate.

The main thing I noticed is this:

When it suits him to prove his point (or disprove someone else's point), he will use a non-dual schtick "you're stuck in duality", "there's no right or wrong", "none of this exists" etc.

And when it suits him, he doesn't have a problem using a dualistic framework.

This is a pretty good strategy to avoid having an honest discussion.

For example: defends abortion, uses non-dualism as an argument "you're lost in moralistic fantasies", "right vs wrong doesn't exist". Doesn't have a problem judging people for not wanting to take a vaccine or day trading to make money.

1 hour ago, vladorion said:

For example: defends abortion, uses non-dualism as an argument "you're lost in moralistic fantasies", "right vs wrong doesn't exist".

When did this happen?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

19 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

When did this happen?

There is no God. There is Godliness in you. 

Anyway, even if you call yourself a God, there are still many things you cannot do which your rational mind think a God can. For example, you the God cannot even jump out of a 3rd storey building without getting bodily injured or getting a dead body.

So if you call yourself God, you need to redefine your own notions of God.

Edited by hyruga

2 hours ago, vladorion said:

When it suits him to prove his point (or disprove someone else's point), he will use a non-dual schtick "you're stuck in duality", "there's no right or wrong", "none of this exists" etc.

And when it suits him, he doesn't have a problem using a dualistic framework.

This is a pretty good strategy to avoid having an honest discussion.

When you can drop logic on a whim, it boils down to argument from authority: because I say so. I, the Great Leo, who has glimpsed the depths of reality unlike anyone ever.  It's the "heads I'm right, tails you're wrong" kind of argumentation.

Edited by Haumea2018

@vladorion Excellent point! Playing with the absolute vs. relative confusion is absolutely one of his techniques. One moment, he's talking about the absolute, and then the next moment, he shifts to the relative, back and forth all the time whenever it suits his agendas.

"I am you, and you are me." -- Leo Gura

"You are not awake, devil." -- Also Leo Gura

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

I believe his biggest issue is all the baggage that he carries from his former life.  It sort of colors how people view him in a way that might tempt people to project onto him as someone who couldn't be a serious spiritual teacher.  He also seems to have come so far so quickly, which is of course good.  But though he is wise, he perhaps lacks the same quantity knowledge that a spiritual teacher who studied for many decades before enlightenment.  

That being said, I think Leo does a more than a great job with what he is given and I think there is a bright future for him as a spiritual teacher and guru.  I feel lucky to have the privilege's to be in this space and to also share it with so many other wonderful people that share as an intense love and passion for God as I do.  

2 hours ago, vladorion said:

Where is the pro-abortion argument? Abortion is also survival. It's also self-bias.

@Carl-Richard Don't worry, you too.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Where is the pro-abortion argument? Abortion is also survival. It's also self-bias.

If you don't see he's arguing pro-abortion, I don't know what to tell you.

6 hours ago, vladorion said:

If you don't see he's arguing pro-abortion, I don't know what to tell you.

Saying that pro-life is a moralistic position is a descriptive statement not a normative statement. This is basic metaethics from the 18th century. You don't have to invoke non-duality to arrive at a moral relativist position either.

Some of the comments here are verging away from honest criticism to borderline personal attacks. Nothing wrong with providing feedback, but please ensure it is constructive.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I don't really see any flaws, or lack in Leo's work. Only thing I would point out is that every person has their unique ways. Every thought, perspective and belief Leo offers is not suitable for everyone.

For example, I am not very ambitious like Leo is. I'm quite laid-back, low energy kind of a person, which is not a problem, just my personal wiring. It is very likely that I am not going to be a leader or anything like that.

My spiritual message for all the mankind is to be more lazy. And in my ashram, you won't be doing yoga or saving the world. You'll be doing literally only what is needed to stay alive and anything else will be banned. In my ashram, only thing allowed is laziness. Ambitious and motivated people will be kicked out.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@BipolarGrowth I think this is a classic shallow factory farming mentality. He has repeatedly mentioned why he does not take that route. It seems you have not deeply contemplated how egos corrupt everything. I don't see how turning it into a clickbaity channel going to help humanity. 

If you have not fully realized, at this point Actualized is going uncharted territories. 

Leo alone spitting truth that others don't dare to speak about is actually his strength. 

Watching all of Leo's videos only shows us not even 5% of who he is in his personality so I don't have the data to see his flaws.

As far as his products and his teaching concerned though I would say he is damn flawless. 

Do you know how much time it would have taken someone to internalize the deep truth that is communicated on his channel? Probably decades. That is even if the person is open-minded.