Vision

Books to read to transcend Stage Orange?

21 posts in this topic

What books would you recommend to transcend Stage Orange? 

Also to master and fully integrate.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Perhaps any material/book/documentary that shows the dysfunction of stage orange i.e. the fallacies of consumer culture and the blindspots of current scientific ideology.

Psychedelics are also very practical books for that, when one feels ready. :)

Edited by caveman
disclaimer

Just now, Nahm said:

Do Something Beautiful for God, The Essential Teachings Of Mother Teresa. 

Was she Green? I thought she was Blue, dont know much about her.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles

I get what you mean, but we aren’t really colors...which that book so elegantly & poignantly articulates. SD’s is a great pointer, but a poor identifier. ? (don’t forget to laugh). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

8 minutes ago, andyjohnsonman said:

Yea this is def a very green book

Yuval borders on Yellow to me. 

Some books for OP.

No Logo - Naomi Klein

The Shock Doctrine - Naomi Klein

(Globalism, anti-corporate)

The Beauty Myth - Naomi Wolf 

(Good introduction to feminism)

A Peoples History Of The United States - Howard Zinn (A more leftie take on history)

Journeys Out Of Body - Robert Monroe

(Paranormal, OBE)

Dark Side Of The Light Chasers - Debbie Ford (Shadow Work, self-acceptance)

In The Realm Of Hungry Ghosts - Gabor Mate (Addiction)

The New Jim Crow - Michelle Alexander

(Systemic Racism)

There is so much more, start looking around on Goodreads dot com

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

A lot of people love Eckhart Tolle

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

I could be wrong, But I don't feel like you master, integrate, transcend, and include spiral dynamics paradigms simply by reading about the next one. It can be helpful though.

What helped me to master, integrate, transcend, and include orange was to actually work on accomplishing something. Studying strategy, production capacity, and production. I would actually recommend a lot of stage orange books so that you can satisfy your desire for personal achievement. That way you can transcend orange in a visceral way. So that personal achievement doesn't carry much weight at all in how you unconsciously run your life.

***** is the highest value

Reccomended resources:

The 7 habits of highly effective people ****

Ultra-Learning ***** - https://www.amazon.com/Ultralearning-Master-Outsmart-Competition-Accelerate/dp/006285268X

Watch Sam ovens youtube videos ***** - https://www.youtube.com/c/samovenstv/videos

Deep work ****

Eben Pagan courses **** - https://ebenpagantraining.com/courses/

Talent is overrated ****

The ultra-mind solution ***

RSD truth about success videos **** - 

The Laws Of Human Nature - Robert Greene

Braving The Wilderness - Brene Brown

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Frankly, Green is all about the feels.  The equality, the compassion, the empathy, the environment, opportunity, fairness, humility.  You really need to go mingle with lots of green people to understand where they're coming from on this stuff.  Go hang out with hippies, go to Burning Man, go to cities like Seattle and Austin.  Books aren't going to get you far in Green, IMO.  Psychedelics will help a LOT if used well.

Now, word of caution, I'd recommend simultaneously leveling up on Green AND Yellow.  Green has some really ugly excesses that present in radical social justice warriors and Bernie Sanders style economics.  These are not very healthy for you or for the world.  Get to Yellow as fast as possible - multi-perspectivalism is the first time you are approaching real "freedom" of thought and development, and the first time you can really hold ideas without clinging to them.

Also, for a perfect example of the "world" of Green values, watch Queen's Gambit.  It is basically Green's wet dream for society.  It also is a beautiful case study on Green's naivety.

Edited by Flyboy

Have you integrated the teachings of Orange first? 

what’s your finances like? Your investment knowledge? Your career? Do you have practical survival skills? 

of course we want to evolve past toxic capitalism & consumerism, but don’t put the cart before the horse too early! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Thanks for the recommendations! 

22 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Have you integrated the teachings of Orange first? 

what’s your finances like? Your investment knowledge? Your career? Do you have practical survival skills? 

of course we want to evolve past toxic capitalism & consumerism, but don’t put the cart before the horse too early! 

I don't actually see myself transcending Orange just by reading books. My purpose in reading Green books is to expand my perspective and exclude the unhealthy manifestations of Orange. 

I still have some consumerism in me. I want to buy a Tesla and own a big house. 

I know logically, that material possessions won't make me happy, but I still have this underlying desire for them. I want to renounce materialism altogether. 

@Vision I get you, that’s great you want to Expand perspectives & branch out.

Just because material possessions won’t make you absolutely happy doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy them & they don’t serve a purpose though. 

Im not saying you shouldn’t as everyone is unique, but don’t feel like you HAVE to renounce all possessions and live in a cave to be happy, you can be happy & enjoy material possessions, like a nice car, without needing them for your happiness, remember we’re here to enjoy life, so don’t force yourself to do stuff you know you’ll hate! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Have you already exhausted the achiever stage ? I know it's a separate model, obviously, but I have a feeling once you're well off materially you should naturally become more greenish.

I've not completely exhausted the achiever stage, yet I have access to green & small percentage of yellow.

Once I achieved some degree of success I became naturally way more compassionate & started taking consciousness work way more seriously.