StateOfMind

Can thoughts triger an awakening?

45 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, StateOfMind said:

so what is enlightenment really?o.O

I think you can't find the answer to your question by asking, and if you did, it would be false.

Edited by Snader

7 hours ago, StateOfMind said:

Can you have an awakening but analyzing the fuck out of everything in you head?

Can a mirage have a desert by analyzing it’s water? 

Can a desert tell a mirage what a desert is? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

28 minutes ago, Nahm said:

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Nahm ? Awesome

If you’ve ever read The Power of Now, you’d know the answer is yes. Also consider the millennia old practice of jnana yoga. Do you really think they’d be doing this for so long if it didn’t have the potential to work? 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Ok, so i tried this Neti Neti method. Hope I did right.

I realized that if somebody removes carefully my bodyparts or exchanged them with others, I’m still there, so I can’t be my body. Body can’t be an essential part of me.

I realized that I was there before the construction of my Story started, memories, values, language , thoghts etc...So I’m not my story...

Everything I remember, imagine, think to exist is not necessarily there, it’s more like guessing really..

What remains is the observation/curiousness/something something and the currently observable “experience” . Since that observable “stuff” is not constant eighter, it cannot be me...

I’m left with the observer...

2 hours ago, At awe said:

I’m left with the observer...

That is a good mental process and a correct realization. Through meditation, you can make the journey deeper, beyond conceptual thinking and into the dark depths of the subconscious, where you directly realize the essence of who You are.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

22 minutes ago, neutralempty said:

Why not?

Why not ...what? Not sure what you’re saying. Can you elaborate a bit? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 1/19/2021 at 5:51 PM, StateOfMind said:

so what is enlightenment really?

There is an emphasis on direct experience and verifying everything for yourself, so I suppose that it can't be conveyed through words and concepts, or else you could just go to school, read a book, watch a video and BOOM! Enlightenment!

I guess that the question of what enlightenment means can't be answered. Someone can point you into the direction so that you can find out for yourself, but I don't think that you'll ever receive an answer that will satisfy the mind. Every answer will just create more question which will create more answers and more questions. It's just madness.

That's how I see it as a beginner, but what do I know?

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

There is an emphasis on direct experience and verifying everything for yourself, so I suppose that it can't be conveyed through words and concepts, or else you could just go to school, read a book, watch a video and BOOM! Enlightenment!

I guess that the question of what enlightenment means can't be answered. Someone can point you into the direction so that you can find out for yourself, but I don't think that you'll ever receive an answer that will satisfy the mind. Every answer will just create more question which will create more answer and more questions. It's just madness.

That's how I see it as a beginner, but what do I know?

Perfect.

@Moksha Thank You!

I have tried meditation in the past. My problem is that I fall asleep. Doesn’t matter how rested I am. I relax very quickly , without effort, thought process slows down, then come unfinished sentences, colors and after awhile i dose off?

In the nature it’s easier, I can just admire.

Am I doing something wrong?

42 minutes ago, At awe said:

@Moksha Thank You!

I have tried meditation in the past. My problem is that I fall asleep. Doesn’t matter how rested I am. I relax very quickly , without effort, thought process slows down, then come unfinished sentences, colors and after awhile i dose off?

In the nature it’s easier, I can just admire.

Am I doing something wrong?

Instead of relaxing, try intensely observing, without naming or labeling anything. Be the Witness, completely free from judgment.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha I tried this way also. That fits better. No naming, comparing, nothing... on and off, slowly getting longer, but this works only in the nature. It becomes easier and easier.But I get these mood swings, I cry because it’s so beautiful and laugh don’t know why.. just comes. Sometimes mixed. Don’t know what that is. even now I feel it some. Hard part for a thinker...

If I observe people or do it in noisy environment, there’s too much distraction? Would it work in the city after some practicing?

Thank You for guidance ?❤️

5 minutes ago, At awe said:

Hard part for a thinker...

That is your gauntlet, brother. Learn to observe, without thinking. Start simple, in nature. Learn vigilance, and center yourself in this. Then you will be ready for noisiness, and will not be swayed ?

What happens when you really merge with what is? Like really and truly with your entire being or your field of awareness. 

What happens when you let go of any resistance to the moment at all? 

Resistance can come in many forms. Thoughts, sensations, feelings etc. 

When you move into this field of presence, you can become the field of presence. There is no longer a witness. You are then able to awaken. 

It can take moments or years. It's so simple but for many a lifetime of work.