StateOfMind

Can thoughts triger an awakening?

45 posts in this topic

Can you have an awakening but analyzing the fuck out of everything in you head?

Good question, I would also like to know?

I think Leo mentioned contemplating as one of the methods... Don’t know if it’s enough alone though?

Analyzing isn't the word I would use, since it implies being stuck in your head. Diving into yourself through systematic meditation though, can lead to insight. The ancient gurus practiced neti neti, which means "not this, not that". They examined each aspect of themselves, the body, the senses, etc. and discarded each layer that was not the core of who they are. At the end, at the center, all that remained was Consciousness.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Ofcourse any thing is possible. 

Everybody pisses on thoughts,  but they are still a part of reality and you can use them efficently when you need them but " put" them away at other times.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

56 minutes ago, Tim R said:

@StateOfMind Do you mean "can awakening be understood like one would understand thoughts?" Or how exactly?

as i was watching this video i think i get it. it seems like an wakening is just an implicit understanding of reality! i'm still not sure about this but here is the video

but another question would be,

Is this another way one can use to have an awakening?

i mean the traditional one is to meditate and detach from your thoughts

@StateOfMind contemplation is must. but enlightenment never cones through thinking. Mind must be dropped.  

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

25 minutes ago, James123 said:

@StateOfMind contemplation is must. but enlightenment never cones through thinking. Mind must be dropped.  

but what is enlightenment anyway? isn't it just the complete realization? isn't it this intuitive understanding?

6 minutes ago, StateOfMind said:

but what is enlightenment anyway? isn't it just the complete realization? isn't it this intuitive understanding?

Realization of Now is before birth and nothing has ever happened. “You” didn’t even move and never born. So called “birth” or “universe” happened only as a thought. 

Edited by James123

Just now, James123 said:

Realization of Now is before birth. So called “birth” or “universe” happened only as a thought. 

so what is enlightenment really?o.O

There are even people who have had sudden realisation just  by even overhearing a conversation related to self realisation.

18 minutes ago, StateOfMind said:

so what is enlightenment really?o.O

Realization of nothing has ever happened. You are already what you are, which is nothingness, which is not knowing as in the beginning.

therefore nothingness can not be “experienced”, can just “be”.Anything that “you” “experienced” is an illusion.

Edited by James123

4 minutes ago, James123 said:

Realization of nothing has ever happened. You are already what you are, which is nothingness, which is not knowing as in the beginning.

i love your answers man, but just to follow up...

(i know you keep saying that i'm a collection of thoughts, but just try to understand what i'm asking)

what happens after enlightenment?, will it stay like that for ever? or at some point youre gonna be born again as a person whos not enlightened? i just wanna stay as god forever, i don't ever wanna come back here!

(i know you keep saying that i'm a collection of thoughts, but just try to understand what i'm asking)

Too much knowledge gleaned from too many a people with short short sentences is not the way to learn anything. Forum is not helpful for learning the whole thing. Please start by first reading Yoga Vasishta: https://estudantedavedanta.net/The-Supreme-Yoga-Swami-Venkatesananda.pdf then it will be helpful for you to discuss it in this forum afterwards.

For a quick Self enquiry read, try this: https://realization.org/p/sadhu-om/how-to-do-self-enquiry.html

Edited by PopoyeSailor

3 minutes ago, StateOfMind said:

what happens after enlightenment?, will it stay like that for ever? or at some point youre gonna be born again as a person whos not enlightened? i just wanna stay as god forever, i don't ever wanna come back here!

After enlightenment, realization happens that this is not a universe, nor you have a body. There is no such a thing as “birth” or “person”. Enlightenment is realization of “I” was never born, began or exist. Now is before birth, so you didn’t go anywhere nor in universe  ?

8 minutes ago, James123 said:

After enlightenment, realization happens that this is not a universe, nor you have a body. There is no such a thing as “birth” or “person”. Enlightenment is realization of “I” was never born, began or exist. Now is before birth, so you didn’t go anywhere nor in universe  ?

Haha this shit is too scary. it feels like after enlightenment i'm gonna go like crazy on the street telling people "wake up you're dreaming!"

15 minutes ago, PopoyeSailor said:

Too much knowledge gleaned from too many a people with short short sentences is not the way to learn anything. Forum is not helpful for learning the whole thing. Please start by first reading Yoga Vasishta: https://estudantedavedanta.net/The-Supreme-Yoga-Swami-Venkatesananda.pdf then it will be helpful for you to discuss it in this forum afterwards.

For a quick Self enquiry read, try this: https://realization.org/p/sadhu-om/how-to-do-self-enquiry.html

thank you so much for the recommendation

31 minutes ago, StateOfMind said:

Haha this shit is too scary. it feels like after enlightenment i'm gonna go like crazy on the street telling people "wake up you're dreaming!"

Maybe.? after enlightenment, belief of “I” collapses. do you think that these are conversations? ? additionally, there is no person in the so called “bodies”. Go look at the mirror and think, can you see the thoughts? Where are you in the body? 

Edited by James123