Someone here

What is happiness?

172 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Ensho said:

Correct. Suicidally depressed here, the worst part is you have absolutely no control over the constant suffering. And ego is too strong to even let you kill yourself, no matter how badly you want it. So what do you do? You wallow for eternity, hurting and destroying everything and everyone you ever loved, knowing that the only thing that will help is death.

Well it depends on what kinds of suffering you have, but really , just breathwork helps to relax your system, another thing you can try is to loosen up  your resistances, it need certain degree of will to let go and understanding of your own actions, actions are  that which  come in form of reflection of inner and outer space, although it is always taking place in inner space.

One of things lately discussed is time, you do not even have to let it go completely, just understanding how  much suffering constant inner clock causes can let you loosen its grip on you, making it possible to just enjoy present moment without thinking about how great you will feel after 8h when your shift ends and how bad it is now , how much time is left till break because you can rest then, how you still need to drive 2h to get to destination where something good is going to wait you and lots of other stuff.

You get stuck in waiting for better making your present moment unbearable, often you will not even noticed it, it will be just spinning your mind. 

Second thing is your actions , or rather reactions and it is really very deep topic , I am not sure how to formulate it right now, but I will try to explain as I can, because there is difference between inner reflection and outer reflection, as much as you can ignore your thoughts , you can't ignore your actions, or rather you can ignore them, but ignoring them will not stop actions from happening, where with thoughts in my opinion it is not  that important, I would rather have thoughts that I do not care about then have actions that I do not care about , but they can get me jobless , or in jail for example. 

To make it more clear actions can range from, how you act with certain people in certain scenario, to how you walk, open doors, basically do anything.

Most important for this I would say just being honest, loving with yourself, which just means having clear vision of what is happening and you do not need to be observer state , or anything like that, just see what you are reflecting on yourself, which means first there is reflection then there is action.

Try to really see why you do things you do, very often you might seem confused, it makes no sense, but trust me , you can tell what is reason behind most if not all of it and it is not really hidden anywhere, it is just very egoistic ignorance of it, when ignorance is seen it can be healed. 

There is to much to write about this topic to make more sense of it, sorry if it is not enough , maybe there are people less lazy then me. 

2 hours ago, Someone here said:

Beautiful. What is beauty is a good question to start. Because it seems like a subjective thing. Not universal. 

The essence of beauty is universal, as is the essence of love.

What an individual finds beautiful can be subjective.

8 hours ago, Someone here said:

It's all programed into you from the beginning.. Stuff like a good meal.. Sexual orgasm.. Socializing.. Entertainment.. Etc pull the switch of dopamine in your brain and that basically makes you happy... That's all that there is to it.  There is no such thing as "unconditional happiness". Or happiness via no means whatsoever. Just doesn't make sense. 

You're still stuck in the materialist paradigm which stems from overthinking. 

There is such a thing as unconditional happiness it's called awareness. 

Do you have a meditation practice? 

11 hours ago, Someone here said:

And just to not beat around the bush.. This utopian Buddhist unconditional happiness is a myth. 

The reality of the matter is that you are a biological robot.. Play with the levels of Serotonin in your brain and it will become impossible for you to be happy.  And you will need 3 pills of Prozac every day just to feel just fine. 

It's all programed into you from the beginning.. Stuff like a good meal.. Sexual orgasm.. Socializing.. Entertainment.. Etc pull the switch of dopamine in your brain and that basically makes you happy... That's all that there is to it.  There is no such thing as "unconditional happiness". Or happiness via no means whatsoever. Just doesn't make sense. And of course on the other side as I mentioned in OP.. Even chasing those material means will not ever be good enough due to the fact of impermanence and hedonistic adaption and so Forth. So basically there is no such thing as actual happiness. Because it will always be a transitioning and a temporary phase. 

Yes we are conditioned to move towards pleasures such as sex, food etc. Can we transcend those? Maybe we can or maybe not. What we can do is see through the misery and struggle we create. Is the glass half empty or half full? Seeing it as half empty certainly won't bring more happiness into your life will it?

On 2/9/2021 at 2:26 AM, The Lucid Dreamer said:

But it turns out that Love and Beauty are, contrary to common wisdom, Objective.   Not what I was expecting find, but hey. 

Not discrediting whataver insights you might have.. But they just can't be objective due to the simple fact that two people can easily disagree about the level of beauty that a certain object have. 

On 2/9/2021 at 10:29 AM, Surfingthewave said:

You're still stuck in the materialist paradigm. 

Nope. I don't have any paradigms. Because all paradigms are limited and therefore only partially true. 

On 2/9/2021 at 2:05 PM, WelcometoReality said:

Yes we are conditioned to move towards pleasures such as sex, food etc. Can we transcend those? Maybe we can or maybe not. What we can do is see through the misery and struggle we create. Is the glass half empty or half full? Seeing it as half empty certainly won't bring more happiness into your life will it?

Not sure I understand what you mean. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Not discrediting whataver insights you might have.. But they just can't be objective due to the simple fact that two people can easily disagree about the level of beauty that a certain object have. 

You need to have a non-dual experience bro, haha.  The only thing that makes anyone think something isn’t perfectly beautiful is their own self-biases.  Once those are stripped away, all that is left is Beauty.   Even all the feelings of mundaneness or ugliness you’ve felt throughout your life or anyone else’s life is beautiful.  Beauty goes far beyond just pure aesthetics. 

@Someone here How about this... 

Un-happiness is.... 

Being stuck in thought, over thinking, self - criticism etc etc. 

Turn it around and there's your answer. 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Nope. I don't have any paradigms. Because all paradigms are limited and therefore only partially true. 

Not sure I understand what you mean. 

On 21/1/2021 at 8:27 PM, Gesundheit said:

On 19/1/2021 at 0:13 PM, Breakingthewall said:

@Someone here What is exactly 'being' for you?

@Gesundheit Well then, as Leo likes to say: you’re not awake.  Sorry. :)

7 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

I don't believe there's objective beauty

This has nothing to do with belief.  

On 2/8/2021 at 6:14 PM, Someone here said:

And just to not beat around the bush.. This utopian Buddhist unconditional happiness is a myth. 

The reality of the matter is that you are a biological robot.. Play with the levels of Serotonin in your brain and it will become impossible for you to be happy.  And you will need 3 pills of Prozac every day just to feel just fine. 

It's all programed into you from the beginning.. Stuff like a good meal.. Sexual orgasm.. Socializing.. Entertainment.. Etc pull the switch of dopamine in your brain and that basically makes you happy... That's all that there is to it.  There is no such thing as "unconditional happiness". Or happiness via no means whatsoever. Just doesn't make sense. And of course on the other side as I mentioned in OP.. Even chasing those material means will not ever be good enough due to the fact of impermanence and hedonistic adaption and so Forth. So basically there is no such thing as actual happiness. Because it will always be a transitioning and a temporary phase. 

Ego, is that you?

Your right in a sense, happiness will never be happiness since its transitioning and temporary, but what about everything else being held to this same truth and standard?  Let that understanding spread to your held beliefs about suffering, the cold harsh world, the world being unfair, all notions you convey in your radical posts that like to contradict large regarded spiritual truths by many of the past Enlightened Masters.  Then, just maybe, you may learn something you didn't know was there or possible.

1 hour ago, Mu_ said:

I think your more objectively close to getting banned, than the post you quoted is objectively funny.  This is kinda a dick comment, please remove.

Look out everyone the MU police is coming through... so scary:P

Joking ❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Mu_ Seems like my post was not very beautiful after all. But poor dick, what did it do to deserve this offence?

Thanks for proving my point. I'll remove those objectively ugly comments.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Either way it doesn't matter that's the beauty of it ❤

Are you getting this

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Reality is Infinitelly beautiful. C'mon watch hand practise. See deeply into all details. Take just one square milimeter.

Or take sthg you don't really like about your body for example and really look at it long enough. 

22 hours ago, datamonster said:

Money.

All the Money in the world will not make you healthy. 

22 hours ago, Kalo said:

Only God knows what happines and joy is. The ego doesn't know and cannot know. Rather, it loves suffering. The ego is a neccesary evil, which has come into existence for a limited time.

To know what joy and happines is, is to become God, or merge, unite, become one with God.

And how is that done?  To survive there sure must be ego. 

21 hours ago, Surfingthewave said:

@Someone here How about this... 

Un-happiness is.... 

Being stuck in thought, over thinking, self - criticism etc etc. 

Turn it around and there's your answer. 

These things happen automatically. 

21 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

@Someone here What is exactly 'being' for you?

What about it? 

22 hours ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

You need to have a non-dual experience bro, haha.  The only thing that makes anyone think something isn’t perfectly beautiful is their own self-biases.  Once those are stripped away, all that is left is Beauty.  

I get you. But then again I guess you can't have zero self-bias and continue to exist. As self to survive you need to have certain aversions against some stuff in order to survive (death and sickness for example). 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho