levani

how often do you cry

26 posts in this topic

yo literally I have not cried in like... a long time maybe 4 years now ? and before that every 4 years too

like sad movies don't work no more, is there something wrong with me ? lol

crying is healthy right ?

I cry pretty irregularily, but it has significantly increased during the last 12 months or so. Used to not cry much, either, but my own process has started opening me up more, allowing for emotions to flow more deeply and freely again.

There's nothing "wrong" with you I'd say. Probably some degree of being closed off from your emotions in order to not have to feel them as intensely. Yes, crying is healthy, but thinking there's something "wrong" if you are unable to do so won't help improve the situation. You'll get there if you want to and if it's beneficial for your healing.

Some things that were very helpful for me in opening up more are Kundalini Yoga (this is powerful stuff though, so don't jump straight into it without doing some conscious research and being aware of how well you can handle intense inner processes atm), Cannabis and Psychedelics (same applies here), raw Cocoa (it's also called the Heart/Love Medicine and opening your heart will CERTAINLY help with being able to cry in my experience) as well as pleasant, intimate physical contact to those dear to you in the form of cuddling, massages, sex and everything in between.

I hope this helps somehow, feel free to PM me to discuss this topic in more detail :)

how often? NO OFTEN!

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Challenge yourself so to speak. I believe Leo has a video on doing the emotionally difficult thing. I’d watch that. Also, got a dream on a dreamboard that is impossible for one, maybe more, lifetimes? The excitement and eagerness of having the desire to expereince far more than what is possible in this go round will definitely involve some waterworks purification. One of the great joys of reality imo is imagining way outside what is possible for you now, and experiencing / living the closing of that gap. The journey is the brilliance, the emotional experience, much more so than the actual experiencing of the ‘thing’. If & when that ‘lands’, or perhaps is experienced / realized, you be on the floor thankin God for this existence. TLDR, dream bigger. Reach through hell into your soul for that dream. You’ll wake up cryin everyday. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@levani I found that meditation as well as psilocybin brought me closer to my feeling state. Less layers to feel emotions.

You love to laugh, cry, be grounded, feel anger, feel disappointment, feel sadness, feel gratitude, feel stillness, feel awe, feel ecstasy.

It's like you honor and bless yourself to feel that right now. To feel the depth of feeling.

Edit 1: It doesn't matter how often you cry but why you cry or don't cry.

Edit 2: What I might add is that in my case I transformed anger into sadness due to trauma. Repressed to feel anger for more than a decade. I did not allow myself to feel anger. Maybe that is also the case for you with crying. In your family or close persons in general, who cried openly and how did you related to that person, or who didn't cry and how did you relate to that person?

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Nahm Brother, you just got me inspired to really write more than I ever could imagine achieving in one lifetime. Just for inspiration's sake. ?

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

I think I cry like once a week xD

mostly it's because I listen to beautiful music or watch a moving video/movie/series

sometimes I cry while reading a book or just because of my thoughts

I used to hold it back when I was younger but now I just let it go

I had rarely cried in the past, yet since doing breathwork I’ve cried at some point every session. I’m learning that there are many forms of crying. There is crying for catharsis, there are cry-gasms, tears of joy and tears for something beautiful. 

Danm alot you don’t cry much huh? I do it from time to time I’m very emotional and my emotions can get triggered easily specially at night is I’m deeply hurt or  from thinking about my mom and dad i miss them and movies,  where scenes of sacrifice for love take place i let it flow special if I’m alone lol there is a scene from animation called inside out where a character I forgot his name (if you saw the movie you know who) sacrifice himself so others make it to save the girl , that act of selflessness love is soo beautiful i cry. 

On 16/01/2021 at 9:33 AM, levani said:

like sad movies don't work no more, is there something wrong with me ? lol

@levani

Have you ever watched "It's a Wonderful Life", the 1946 classic with James Stewart?

If not, give it a try. Happiness can also make you cry, remember that.

Edited by oMarcos

@levani Crying is, in my experience, absolutely crucial for emotional balance and well-being.

I cry every chance I get. Every spare time I have when alone, I end up crying. At least several times at weekends.

Took me a long-ass time to get my crying back and I'm enjoying it. Haven't cried for years prior to that.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I rarely cry, and when I do its triggered by music, cinema, YouTube... nothing in my own life is worth crying about though, I was taught very early on in life that my own sufferings often pale in comparison to others.

Tears of happiness are something I've never experienced before either.

Edited by True Friend

7 hours ago, True Friend said:

Tears of happiness are something I've never experienced before either.

Do you want to change that? I could tell you.

Life Purpose journey

I used to never cry. It wasn't good. Psychedelics have helped me with that. 

But... answering your question:

• Getting emotional and letting one tear drop? Maybe once a week. 

• Crying my heart out? 3-5 times a year. 

one day this will all be memories

Very interesting video! 

one day this will all be memories