Lurtsi

The new Pixar movie Soul

19 posts in this topic

Pixar released its new movie "Soul" on Disney+ yesterday and I just wanted to recommend it here, I think it was great! The movie touches nicely on topics like death, bardo (in-between state in tibetan buddhism), meditation, flow state, life purpose and conscious living.

I think its also a nice soft introduction to topics like these for people who are not familiar with them already. Although I can also see some parts of it being missed by the viewer without a prior understanding of those themes.

However, I recommend it for people interested in topics mentioned above + anybody who enjoys beautiful animation :)

Damn, just watched the documentary Who Are We (it's on youtube and it's amazing)  today and now this thread pops up :D

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely check it out.

Thanks for the recommendation! Looks good!

^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

6 minutes ago, nistake said:

Damn, just watched the documentary Who Are We (it's on youtube and it's amazing)  today and now this thread pops up :D

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely check it out.

I checked out Who Are We and looks nice! Gotta watch it too when I got the time :P

On 12/26/2020 at 11:22 AM, Lurtsi said:

Pixar released its new movie "Soul" on Disney+ yesterday and I just wanted to recommend it here, I think it was great! The movie touches nicely on topics like death, bardo (in-between state in tibetan buddhism), meditation, flow state, life purpose and conscious living.

I think its also a nice soft introduction to topics like these for people who are not familiar with them already. Although I can also see some parts of it being missed by the viewer without a prior understanding of those themes.

However, I recommend it for people interested in topics mentioned above + anybody who enjoys beautiful animation :)

Ya it was pretty fun to watch and had a lot of mind expanding idea's and truths.

Alan Watts is in the movie? 
I didn’t watch it yet but I saw this character. Looks like Alan Watts.

06098E4D-CC99-4185-BAF2-08D7E4A8F739.jpeg

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

Pete Docter , producer of Inside Out and Soul, is awakened to the nature of the mind. 

And he is what I would call a Christian mystic.

"To me art is about expressing something that can’t be said in literal terms. You can say it in words, but it’s always just beyond the reach of actual words,." - Pete Docter

7 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Alan Watts is in the movie? 
I didn’t watch it yet but I saw this character. Looks like Alan Watts.

06098E4D-CC99-4185-BAF2-08D7E4A8F739.jpeg

No, even better... he's the leader of a team of astral travellers who work mundane jobs in the living world and meet up on the astral plane once a week. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance So cool . I have to watch it ASAP. ?

@Brittany Nice. I will also check his other works. It would be great to work for or with a guy like him. 
?

Note:

I just googled him and he is the CCO of Pixar Animation Studios... awesome... and he is almost my same age... OMG! :-P

He directed Monster, Up, Inside Out and Soul.

Edited by abrakamowse

Just watched it. It's brilliant. It has a really great storyline, clever characters and most importantly, a profound message.

Solid 10/10.

I just watched this today too! I cant stressed enough how much I loved it ! Gonna spread it to family and friends!

Never felt like this on a pixar movie since Toy Story 3, Up, and Wall-E.

Its now out on iTunes to buy so I finally got to see it, great film, really enjoyed it. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna