Strangeloop

"Be yourself" is nonsense

32 posts in this topic

I'm not me. So I do not exist. So there is no be to be me. Being myself is just trying to be something that I'm not. 

For example if I completely bullshited myself into being this one person, let's say.... A millionare.

Now I believe I'm a millionare. but there is doubt that says I'm not a millionare. That's because I don't have a million euros in my bank account. Unless I redifine being a millionare some other way. If I change the meaning of being a millionare I can become it. 

for example. Let's say being a millionare is defined not by having a million euros in my bank account, but by having a wife and 3 kids. And then again I don't have those. But then again I'm God and God is everything so if I'm it then I'm also a person who has a wife and 3 kids. 

Does it make sense?

"Being yourself" is not about adopting some material identity. It's about discovering your authentic personality by removing all your fears and bad social conditioning.

You are God, but your mind/body has a unique personality that requires discovery and alignment.

Being a millionaire is not a personality trait. It's just a material condition.

"Being yourself" is good advice. But you need to understand what it means. It's overly simplistic. There's a lot to it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Strangeloop A god could say that being a millionaire is having 224 posts on some niche forum called Actualized.org, and bam--you're a millionaire. Enjoy! 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are God, but your mind/body has a unique personality that requires discovery and alignment.

On what basis do you affirm that? Imo, the "unique personality" you are talking about is a more refined layer of the ego. 

Edited by Javfly33

God is loving the experience of you being you by you being yourself, whatever you want to be and do. Are you loving the experience of being God? How much? 

Me trying to find myself almost every time leads to finding other people. If it's not true, how can I hear reflections of my mind in other people? Even if I denied all of myself, the body the mind, it wouldn't be healthy. Just because I'm trying not to be myself doesn't mean that I can not be myself. 

I could run this circle round and round but it would only get me back where I started.

Being is not a belief.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Is it possible that we are over thinking and what I believe to be true is true?

@Leo Gura Leo again with the fire takes ?? 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Yes, That is why FOMO is bullshit and what you really need to do in life is find your authentic path of how you want to live THIS particular life

It is not a nonsense. You might superficially know that there is no "you" (I assume you mean ego) but you don't quite get that. Until you're absolutely aware that you are god, you have to work with what you have (based on what level of consciousness you're currently at). So it's better to be yourself and express your unique talents and personality.  You will feel better (it's better to feel good than miserable, right?) and feel-good emotion will align you with your true nature which is infinite bliss. You will get closer and closer to the Truth.

Btw, I didn't have direct experience to God. Just writing what I feel is true. 

@Strangeloop Don't fucking use spirituality or imagination to escape your inner self, you have no idea what you're talking about when you're equating self with imagination. Get in touch with your fucking body. This is serious.

You need to accept the fact you have a being that is beyond the mind and when you do, at the exclusion of said mind, you'll begin to know yourself, and then from there, learn to know yourself from the point of view of the mind. Mind comes second or later, not fucking first.

Take the raw unique essence of your being seriously Strangeloop, don't listen to any morons here who's perceptions are warped about the present moment of self because they've got aspects of themselves they haven't fully resolved yet, WHICH IS THE VERY REASON THEY'RE MOVING IN THAT DIRECTION BECAUSE THEY'RE TRYING TO JUSTIFY ESCAPING THEMSELVES. Imagination is a gateway to other realms OUTSIDE of the fucking self and a portal to the self only via retroactive recognition, the latter mainly the path of perspectivism to discover nuanced doorways to presence NOT an active meditation of presence VIA self. 

DON'T get LOST, DON'T LOWER this moment in anyway. 

BE HERE Strangeloop.

WITH. US.

When you are WITH, you are PRESENT, when you are PRESENT, you can be WITH yourself and whether you choose to be WITH others in that moment is totally of your OWN discretion.

EXPERIENCE presence and therefore your SELF, WITH (that word in the way denoted above, so CONNECT to) your AWARENESS which is your FELT impression not your THOUGHT impression (which you shouldn't lower either, that is thought, nor make it higher, it is a GATEWAY beyond the present to aid in only part, EXPLAINING the present).

Best.

5 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

On what basis do you affirm that? Imo, the "unique personality" you are talking about is a more refined layer of the ego. 

No it isn't, which is why I said it.

You need to make a distinction between ego and personality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Imo, the "unique personality" you are talking about is a more refined layer of the ego. 

Haven’t you ever been in a flow state of being? For example, how one interacts with nature, creativity or humor. It flows. It just feels like “me”. Then . . . all sorts of stuff is added onto it “I am this. I’m good at this. I do this too much. I’m better than him at this. This is ego. I need to get rid of this part of me and work on this part of me. If my parents hadn’t done xyz, I wouldn’t have my issues.” and on and on. Those add ons ruin the beingness of the flow.

It’s easier to see in children before they develop sophisticated egos with lots of layers.

Whenever I hear "be yourself" I think of the scene in Alladin where the genie turns into a bee and says "bee yourself"