Matt23

Shunyamurti... cult?... probs: Reviews

165 posts in this topic

Downloads my ass.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 12/16/2020 at 8:13 AM, OctagonOctopus said:

Sometiems I wonder if he talks about apocalypse as a means of hooking the vast amount of people freaking out about that into his teachings.

From my understanding, Shunyamurti doesn’t say there is an apocalypse coming.  He talks about how the current unsustainable situation is necessary to transform the world into a higher state of consciousness.  I agree with this.  Some things just don’t happen until you have a gun pointed at your head.  Either do it or die.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

45 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

From my understanding, Shunyamurti doesn’t say there is an apocalypse coming.

I used to give him that same benefit of the doubt. But his latest videos are pushing the apocalypse angle hard, just without using that word. It's quite irresponsible and bad.

I don't even understand what the point of his teachings and ashram is if an apocalypse is truly coming. If there is a nuclear war the last thing people will care about is enlightenment or yoga. All of that requires a peaceful stable society.

@Leo Gura Mohammud used to believe in such things. He always adovcated that there will be "signs" as he called them that come before the judgment day.  But still I am not sure if he truly said them or it is all made up. Screenshot_20201218_080858.jpg

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

1 hour ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Leo Gura Mohammud used to believe in such things. He always adovcated that there will be "signs" as he called them that come before the judgment day.  But still I am not sure if he truly said them or it is all made up. Screenshot_20201218_080858.jpg

Women dressing like men, men dressing like women, people drinking alcohol and fornicating, cats and dogs living together..mass hysteria!!

12 hours ago, Lyubov said:

lol I am not a follower of his besides having seen a few youtube videos of his but I really don't think this guy is running a cult at all. he does liek to go off on his end of days talks. I chalk this up to him being one of those older D&D / star trek nerds (he makes mention of old geek culture in one of his videos) and he likes to run with something fantastic.

Mooji on the other hand....

Ah, the good ol' foot kissing.

On 16/12/2020 at 9:06 AM, Leo Gura said:

Ain't no apocalypse coming. And if it is, you're fucked anyway so there's no point preparing for it.

Noah's ark?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

The end of the world is real, it will happen ... but this guru is making business out of it and most gurus do the same.

They are not enlightened.

I have previously found negative stuff on the Internet (including those of this thread) for almost every “guru” out there.  I have decided not to repeat any of it and spread hearsay information that I have no idea whether it is true or not.   My opinion is that capitalism has distorted us all psychologically and turned everything and everyone in our sterile culture into a transaction.  There is a deficit of love in our modern, capitalistic world.  But one ounce of love will heal you more than reading 10,000 books.  It’s interesting that for every one person that followed Jesus, there were probably hundreds of people who passed him by and didn’t see anything special.  This seems to suggest that you have to be ready in order to have the eyes to find a  guide at your level.   If you follow Teal Swan then that is your level, because that is who you resonate with, and so forth.      

I actually like this video from Shunyamurti.  He explains how we are all traumatized and how trauma impedes spiritual awakening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6zh4t7KdxU

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

On 18.12.2020 at 2:50 PM, Leo Gura said:

I used to give him that same benefit of the doubt. But his latest videos are pushing the apocalypse angle hard, just without using that word. It's quite irresponsible and bad.

I don't even understand what the point of his teachings and ashram is if an apocalypse is truly coming. If there is a nuclear war the last thing people will care about is enlightenment or yoga. All of that requires a peaceful stable society.

What? What are you talking about? Full consciousness (ego dissolution) is absolutely required to go through these events. Nothing short of that can enable us to survive. But it can come only through FULL disidentification from the ego mind.

Peaceful stable society? Not for the near future, at least. Is it controllable by your ego? Or are you too dumb to realize that the world is now being ruled by the secret elite? (Obviously The Absolute or God is the only real thing controlling everything etc. etc.) It becomes clear if you attentively analyze politicians' sudden changes in behavior,etc. And through many other things you can realize that some secret power is ruling the planet but in an indirect way, obviously. They are cleansing the planet from people through these events of tribulation, which goes to show the obsolete nature of ego consciousness.  For ordinary people it's just mere conspiracy, but if you want to hide something - put it in the limelight.

The need to transcend, or of 'enlightenment and yoga' is more urgent than never before. But have you even tried to figure all of that out? Or are you busy playing RPG? Please take heed.

Edited by Shunyata

Stay cool & dry.

On 12/18/2020 at 1:08 AM, Jodistrict said:

From my understanding, Shunyamurti doesn’t say there is an apocalypse coming.  He talks about how the current unsustainable situation is necessary to transform the world into a higher state of consciousness.

Yeah that is one way I think of it whenver he mentions it. Sometimes I think he is referencing a personal apocalypse that everyone goes threw to realize God. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

13 hours ago, OctagonOctopus said:

Sometimes I think he is referencing a personal apocalypse that everyone goes threw to realize God.

No, he's means it a lot more literally.

18 hours ago, Shunyata said:

Peaceful stable society? Not for the near future

You're living in it right now ;)

On 18/12/2020 at 11:07 PM, Fadl said:

The end of the world is real, it will happen ... but this guru is making business out of it and most gurus do the same.

So how much do we owe you now?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

I think this guy, along with Jordan Hall (aka Jordan Greenhall), is a top stage Yellow thinker on the subject of civilization, civilization collapse, and sensemaking/epistemology.  

I dunno what's gunna happen, and I don't think he knows either, but I think he's someone worth listening to and ignoring his opinion would be foolish. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I'm inclined to say civilization IS guaranteed. But its quality is not guaranteed. A few nukes are not gonna kill civilization. Civilization is much more robust than people think. Even a massive nuclear war would not end it, just set it back.

In the grand scheme of things the only thing that could end civilization is a large meteor strike or some massive freak natural event like a super-volcano or burst of solar radiation. Anything less than that will cause lots of suffering but not end civilization.

The real question is how to reduce human suffering and how to elevate human consciousness in better way.

Humanity survived the Ice Age ffs

And that was when we were still small in numbers and had competition from Neanderthals

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

people scared of nukes while climate change will slowly reshape humanity in very uncomfortable way for some time 

On 20/12/2020 at 10:07 AM, Gesundheit said:
On 18/12/2020 at 10:07 PM, Fadl said:

So how much do we owe you now?

And who are you again? Another guru? Listen Einstein, anyone ask you money to tell you sth about God is a fraudster.