Blackhawk

Scientific study: Women have more power than men in the most important area

120 posts in this topic

This is huge.

My opinion has always been that women have more power than men in the whole dating market. And that it's more important than power in the public life, for example in working life.

And now all that is backed up by science.

The study (easy to read): https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0234961#sec025

And DN, the most high quality serious newspaper in Sweden wrote a article about the study: https://www.dn.se/insidan/ny-studie-man-upplever-sig-ha-makt-men-inte-i-sina-privatliv/

The idea was that I would translate the whole article for you guys, but I gave up, it takes too long time. I translated a part of it:

"In the gender equality debate the women's problems are clearly defined, unlike the men's problems, according to Sverker Sikström, scientist.

Who has most power, men or women? It depends on: power over what?

Both genders experience that men have more power in the public domain, while women have more power in the private life - which both men and women think is more important, according to a new study.

- I think this changes the way we look at power and gender related differences, says Sverker Sikström, professor in cognitive psychology at Lund university.

- I have often felt that women have more power in the private domain - in choosing partner, they have stronger friendships, and so on. Because of that it has always felt weird to me that people always say that men have more power, because the private domain has always been more important to me."

Edited by Blackhawk

It all depends on your cultural context. For example in Bangladesh women definitely do not have more power in private life. It is easy to say all this when you are from northern Europe.

You won't learn social skills by reading scientific studies.

Both genders have their challenges. 

Women can have sex anytime they want but they have a lot of trouble finding a high-value man to commit to them.

Yes, the average woman has more "power" on the sexual market than the average man, but the top 10% of men usually have more "power" in relationships than the top 10% of women. 

That is basically explained because most men live in scarcity, thus losing all their power.

When a man lives in abundance, no woman can have "power" over him.

"Science", Lolz

These scientists ain't never banged a hot girl and have no idea how.

Stop reading this garbage. Go talk to girlz.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The scientific research is not directed properly. Whatever data they've collected does not point to that kind of conclusion. 

If a woman has the power to choose the guy she wants to go on a date with, that's really not a power, but more of a right. And to be honest men also have the same choice. It's no different with men. 

Both men and women have the right to choose a partner. So I don't see how women have a privilege here. 

It takes two to tango. So instead of focusing on gender dynamics one should simply focusing on improving one's odds in the dating market. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Of course women and succesful men deny it.

Edited by Blackhawk

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

This is huge.

My opinion has always been that women have more power than men in the whole dating market. And that it's more important than power in the public life, for example in working life.

And now all that is backed up by science.

Notice what you did there. . . 

2 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

Notice what you did there. . . 

No I'm not sure what I did there.

@Recursoinominado So by default for most men it is worse. You use the majority not the top 10 percent. This whole logic of having to be on the top 10 percent for a normal life is quite outrageous. Why should a guy with value 5/10 ( i know value is relative depending on the gender and even individual) struggle to find a 5/10 value female MUCH MORE than a female value 5/10 struggles to find a male with value 5/10.

I know this way of writting it makes it seem like a math problem but there is no other way for me to explain it properly. 

When a 5/10 guy can easily get a 5/10 girl or at least JUST AS easily then people will stop complaining here. Maybe females should lower their ridiculousness standards? Maybe biology has created this situation and it cannot be solved. IDK and IDC

42 minutes ago, MrBON said:

@Recursoinominado So by default for most men it is worse. You use the majority not the top 10 percent. This whole logic of having to be on the top 10 percent for a normal life is quite outrageous. Why should a guy with value 5/10 ( i know value is relative depending on the gender and even individual) struggle to find a 5/10 value female MUCH MORE than a female value 5/10 struggles to find a male with value 5/10.

I know this way of writting it makes it seem like a math problem but there is no other way for me to explain it properly. 

When a 5/10 guy can easily get a 5/10 girl or at least JUST AS easily then people will stop complaining here. Maybe females should lower their ridiculousness standards? Maybe biology has created this situation and it cannot be solved. IDK and IDC

You are delusional, bro.

Reality won't change because you think it is unfair, it is what it is.

You don't have to be a top 10% of men to have a normal life, you have to be to have an extraordinary life.

Normal life = shitty life, that's the default.

5/10 men are not only in looks, but in character, he isn't savvy, social, alpha, successful, ambitious, confident etc.

5/10 women are in looks and she can lack all the above and still find a partner but of low quality. 5/10 woman will never attract a top 10% men, she will have to settle and this is why most relationships fail, women get easily resentful if the man isn't always in his prime.

The thing is, a top high-value male will never waste time bitching about those facts, he will simply accept and overcome. 

Men and women look for different things in one another, that's the source of most relationship confusion. 

1 hour ago, MrBON said:

When a 5/10 guy can easily get a 5/10 girl or at least JUST AS easily then people will stop complaining here.

Have you walked around Walmart lately?

I see 5/10  guys with women all the time.

ALL THE TIME.

The women are also 5/10, but so what?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 hour ago, MrBON said:

So by default for most men it is worse. You use the majority not the top 10 percent. This whole logic of having to be on the top 10 percent for a normal life is quite outrageous. Why should a guy with value 5/10 ( i know value is relative depending on the gender and even individual) struggle to find a 5/10 value female MUCH MORE than a female value 5/10 struggles to find a male with value 5/10.

Because of the sex marketplace. Relationships have a lot of factors but the main base reason we get into relationships is because you want a steady supply of sex/ability to produce children. Women are the gatekeeps because they are only willing to give so much, while men are ravenous with how much they want. This creates a leverage of power for women because men are willing to lower their standards to get what they want more than women are. In other words, women are smarter and respect themselves more on average lmao, so men are literally shooting themselves in the foot and sabotaging their own position by being so horny.

That only explains one part of it though. Another huge part of the value imbalance is everyone is selfish and always wants a partner who is better than them. Unless you're a narcissist I guess.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy Nicely put.

Also, because men can be so horny women know there is a tendency for them to get "used" by men for just sex.

Making women even more picky trying to fend that off. Especially, if they are looking for a relationship. 

Unless, ofc, they too just want sex and in that case who cares.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

4 minutes ago, Ananta said:

Also, because men can be so horny women know there is a tendency for them to get "used" by men for just sex.

Making women even more picky trying to fend that off. Especially, if they are looking for a relationship. 

Exactly 

1 hour ago, MrBON said:

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Recursoinominado said:

You are delusional, bro.

Reality won't change because you think it is unfair, it is what it is.

You don't have to be a top 10% of men to have a normal life, you have to be to have an extraordinary life.

Normal life = shitty life, that's the default.

5/10 men are not only in looks, but in character, he isn't savvy, social, alpha, successful, ambitious, confident etc.

5/10 women are in looks and she can lack all the above and still find a partner but of low quality. 5/10 woman will never attract a top 10% men, she will have to settle and this is why most relationships fail, women get easily resentful if the man isn't always in his prime.

The thing is, a top high-value male will never waste time bitching about those facts, he will simply accept and overcome. 

Men and women look for different things in one another, that's the source of most relationship confusion. 

Please just stop talking about your "top 10% men", "high-value men", "abundant men", "men with a extraordinary life", "good character, social, alpha, savvy, succesful, ambitious, confident, etc.", "incredible amazing perfect men".

Of course those men will be wanted badly by all women. And? That doesn't change my point or the conclusion of the study. Not all men can become a member of that "exclusive top 10% awesome men club".

It's obvious that you're just bragging about how awesome you are and how much all women want you, if not consciously, then subconsciously. Yeah you know I'm right. So stop with that shit. This isn't a advertisement for you. And also all other awesome men: stop it. You just come here to show off.

Edited by Blackhawk

1 minute ago, Blackhawk said:

This isn't a advertisement for you. And also all other awesome men: stop it. You all feel that you want to come here and show off.

I totally understand your sentiment.. People need a reality check 

Men that don't talk, don't leave the house and don't socialize, equal no dates/no GF.

Its not rocket science. Its pretty simple. Work on yourself, instead of blaming the world.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

6 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

You won't learn social skills by reading scientific studies.

Both genders have their challenges. 

Exactly. It is no secret. No one here will say men have it easier in what I would label or define as the "attraction phase." That sort of limbo period where you first meet a person and start defining the relationship and mutual attraction begins to form. Women are vastly more powerful in this area. It's sort of their super power. The cards are in their favor greatly during this phase if you wanna call it like that. Some men are more powerful than others during this phase and it comes down to inner work, masculine/feminine communication, pick up skills, statues, call it whatever but for the most part the woman usually has the advantage. Men tend to have long term power. If women's strength is tactics men's strength is strategy. Men grow in value over the long term and can play the field much longer than women can. How often do you see a 35 yo woman with a 20 yo man? I take a sort of game theory approach to it which I don't think is a good way of seeing the entire domain of romantic relationships but it is useful for describing certain aspects of it. Overall I think both are equal but more like a ying yang symbol equal rather than being perfectly balanced in every aspect. 

My question is: what is the intention with all of this?

Wanting respect for one's hardship from people on the internet? Seeking empathy from women who have never experienced anything like what you describe? Accumulating intellectual arguments in favour of defeatism? Introspection is needed to get to the bottom of this.

A lesson that should be learned early on is that life is not fair. If it were supposed to be fair, it would be structured very differently. Sometimes, you are a beneficiary of the world's unfairness, especially if you have access to clean drinking water or sanitation. This does not mean that no improvement in a situation is possible, nor that there's no use in trying, but if you want an even playing field, planet Earth is not for you.

7 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

No I'm not sure what I did there.

"Confirmation bias"

Kind of cringe "study" Imo. There are so many more key factors that affect the relationship dynamics. You cant simply lump together 4.5 billion women and start spitting statements. 

Age matters, personallity matters, appereance matters, money matters, fame matters, inner game matters, context matters, etc etc etc. 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered