7thLetter

*POLL* Are you going to take a COVID-19 Vaccine?

*POLL*   225 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to take a COVID-19 Vaccine?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don’t know

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

89 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Consept said:

Respect to your mum, but are there any specific studies you can point to that say this is dangerous? 

In fairness, the burden of proof should be on those who claim it is safe. I doubt there is any proper evidence that it is safe OR dangerous.

27 minutes ago, No Self said:

In fairness, the burden of proof should be on those who claim it is safe. I doubt there is any proper evidence that it is safe OR dangerous.

Well you could go off the trials theyve already done, that will give you indication, plus the past research done on the sars vaccine as i believe a lot of the research for that was used for this. So if you wanted to say that it wasnt safe, which there could be an argument for, youd have to say why the research and testing done so far is flawed or wrong

@Husseinisdoingfine

On 12/6/2020 at 9:17 PM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I've already decided to take the vaccine as soon as it comes out to help the collective immunity.

Thanks so much for taking the vaccine. You're another hero.

@Parththakkar12

4 hours ago, Parththakkar12 said:

My mom is a medical doctor. She and her medical community think that it is too dangerous, that it isn't tested enough. They won't take it, let alone give it to their patients. This is what my mom thinks, who researches this stuff round the clock for a living.

But you, sir, want to 'be the Hero who sacrifices yourself for the greater good'. You know what? Go ahead and do it! Ignore the doctors, ignore the fact that it isn't tested and that it is a free-for-all for the pharma companies. The pharma companies will thank you so much for your sacrifice! They will send you flowers, in fact, for 'being the Hero that sacrificed yourself for the community'. They will eulogize you to no end, they really will turn you into a martyr. Bill Gates will be proud. ;)

Now's not the right time to be bashing big pharma. These medical businesses are literally competing with each other for a safer vaccine, and getting vaccinated so one of the basic ways to prevent the spread of diseases, or are you ok being an accomplice to a virus?

Definitely holding off. I'll just keep wearing my mask I don't mind it at all

kermitthefrog2.jpg

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Parththakkar12

Now's not the right time to be bashing big pharma. These medical businesses are literally competing with each other for a safer vaccine, and getting vaccinated so one of the basic ways to prevent the spread of diseases, or are you ok being an accomplice to a virus?

Oh no sir. They are not competing for a safer vaccine. They are competing for the vaccine that comes out the fastest. Whoever brings it out the fastest, wins! The safety-guidelines aren't being applied to them, they are getting emergency use approval. They have full freedom to put out whatever crap they want to put out! As long as they do it quickly. It is a time-race.

My mom says this is how it works when any new vaccine comes into the market, especially in an epidemic situation.

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

46 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

The safety-guidelines aren't being applied to them, they are getting emergency use approval. They have full freedom to put out whatever crap they want to put out!

Thats not true, there are still safety guidelines and it has to be fully tested, it hasnt got a license which is a completely different thing -

"The consultation document said that if there were a “compelling case, on public health grounds, for using a vaccine before it is given a product licence, given the nature of the threat we face, the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation may take the very unusual step of advising the UK government to use a tested, unlicensed vaccine against covid-19, and we need to make sure that the right legislative measures are in place to deal with that scenario.”

The document added, “A covid-19 vaccine would only be authorised in this way if the UK’s licensing authority was satisfied that there is sufficient evidence to demonstrate the safety, quality, and efficacy of the vaccine. ‘Unlicensed’ does not mean ‘untested.” "

34 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

I'll inject anything from the US Government.

And stimulus checks?

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

The thing that worries me the most about covid is the long-term damage which seems to be pretty random.

I wouldn't be the first in the line though, not because I wouldn't want to take it, but because I'm sure there are other people that need it more than me. (I barely spent time around people and I feel rather healthy)

As supply becomes more plentiful I'd eventually take it. 

4 hours ago, Godhead said:

I wouldn't be the first in the line though, not because I wouldn't want to take it, but because I'm sure there are other people that need it more than me.

Most likely it won't be available to you right away, unless you fall into one of these categories below.

Groups considered for early vaccination if supply is limited

Before making an official recommendation, ACIP considered four groups to possibly recommend for early COVID-19 vaccination if supply is limited:

1) Healthcare personnel

2) Workers in essential and critical industries

3) People at high risk for severe COVID-19 illness due to underlying medical conditions

4) People 65 years and older

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

The people should have the right to choose how to look after their immune systems.
Some eat healthy, some do regular exercise, some spend time in nature every day, some cut stressfull things out if their life and some take vaccines.

This virus will stay like the flu, and new ones will come. People who want to be protected via a vaccine can take a vaccine. 

I think part of the fear of the vaccines comes from the way the media framed it. They made it seem like the vaccine was completely untested and the first person who got it was a test, at least that's the impression I got from a quick skim of the comments. 

Here's the problem though: I've been seeing that it would be a two part vaccine 3 weeks apart. That's going to require a commitment from people getting the vaccine, otherwise the virus could mutate and become resistant to it. Add that to the people who are actively refusing to take it and there is a lot of potential for this to go poorly.

If people getting the vaccine make a commitment to following up and take it seriously then this could go quite well. However, since we like to politicize everything from masks to vaccines, I can see a new vaccine coming after this one for the follow up, or maybe an improved version that doesn't require such low temperature storage. For that reason I can see both sides on the waiting argument. 

All that said though, I massage for a living and haven't been able/comfortable doing my practice since March. I want to get past this and go back to my work, so I will take whatever vaccine they have ready.

7 minutes ago, Zega said:

If people getting the vaccine make a commitment to following up and take it seriously then this could go quite well.

Hopefully, ppl would follow up. I got the Hepatitis B vaccine yrs ago because I'm in healthcare and its a 3 part series over a course of 6 months, but when my son was born I decided to get him vaccinated against it as well. Ppl just have to be responsible and get the second shot...or they might as well have not gotten the first shot  

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Ah, lovely to see all the selfless, compassionate people here shaming anyone who doesn't want a cocktail of disease, heavy metals and carcinogens injected in their veins. They're so selfish to care about their health, smh. We, spiritual people, are selfless enough to completely dismiss other people's sovereignty over their own bodies in order to push our vaccine agenda.

On 12/9/2020 at 4:22 PM, RareGodzilla said:

People in the 3rd world would do anything to get it. But here we are in the west refusing to get vaccinated....

I guess we deserve this. 

What do you know about people in 3rd world countries? Most Africans hold a huge grudge against vaccines, for good reasons.

1 hour ago, Village said:

Ah, lovely to see all the selfless, compassionate people here shaming anyone who doesn't want a cocktail of disease, heavy metals and carcinogens injected in their veins.

There are valid concerns about vaccines, yet don’t hyperbolically distort such that it becomes misinformation. Spreading misinformation is against forum guidelines. 

37 minutes ago, Village said:

@Forestluv What did I distort? It's all written in the official ingredient list.

Referring to vaccines as a “ a cocktail of disease, heavy metals and carcinogens injected into veins” is a hyperbolic misrepresentation that fuels fear mongering. You are welcome to address vaccine concerns in a mature, well-informed, accurate manner if you wish. Yet gross misrepresentations are not allowed.

To deepen and broaden understanding, I would recommend detaching from your current (partially true)  view and open you mind and curiosity to learning about vaccines at a deeper, broader level. 

You seem to already know the answer to your question and are oriented to engaging in a debate to defend your pre-conceived view. (Notice how you answered your own question to establish grounding within the frame). 

Since that view itself is a hyperbolic misrepresentation, it would do no good to engage in debate within it. It only re-enforces the attachment in a mind that desires to defend the view it tightly holds. The way beyond this would be to introspect the belief network. Deconstruct it and observe attachments, dismissals, exaggerations, polarized categories etc. 

1 hour ago, Soulbass said:

questions about viruses/vaccines:

-is it ethical to give Ebola or AIDS to someone, in order to test a vaccine in a controlled environment? if no, then vaccines are hypothetical.

That’s not how vaccine development works. 

-does a virus (in a herd) have a natural life-span? i've heard nothing proves in history that vaccines helped with plague and things like that...

Framing it as a “natural lifespan” doesn’t quite work with viral life cycles. It’s not like a cat or dog that have a particular lifespan in time

i've heard nothing proves in history that vaccines helped with plague and things like that...

The plague was caused by a bacterium which has a very different life cycle and interaction with humans than viruses. 

Many vaccines in history have been effective against viruses, for example the vaccine against varicella zoster has been extremely effective. A generation ago, nearly every kid got chicken pox - the vaccine much stopped that virus and there isn’t chicken pox anymore. It was super contagious as well. Other examples include diphtheria, polio, tetanus. . . the list goes on and on. 

i admit i've never read 1 single book on this topic.

?