Vision

Best Country to live in for Self-Actualization

19 posts in this topic

Here in the Corruption Perceptions Index, New Zealand is ranked number 1 as the least corrupt country in the world. 

https://www.transparency.org/en/cpi

I actually live in New Zealand. Would this make New Zealand the best country to help you self-actualize? 

22 minutes ago, Vision said:

Here in the Corruption Perceptions Index, New Zealand is ranked number 1 as the least corrupt country in the world. 

I actually live in New Zealand. Would this make New Zealand the best country to help you self-actualize? 

Are psychs decriminalised and available?  Seems like an important factor

I'd say maybe some place like the Netherlands

Edited by PurpleTree

In my humble opinion whatever country you were born it is a great school to self-actualize. There is a mystical reason why every one of us were born in a different country. Either you grow to accept and love it, help to transform it or even transcend it. 

The best country to self-Actualize is the country you are living in.

Follow your intuition and not your mind.  For me, it is Mexico.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

16 hours ago, mavelezm said:

In my humble opinion whatever country you were born it is a great school to self-actualize. 

Tell that to someone in a war torn country. 

Many people, like myself, are extremely privileged. 

Most EU countries. Germany, Nordic, Netherlands, etc. 

Edited by Lyubov

It can be any country any place.

Nothing is stopping you from going to another country but I think it is best to start where you are at

@Jodistrict I am from Mexico, are you? 

With respect to the post, I think we must weight both, the material conditions of life and the perception of each person. As the conditions of existence are important to have financial freedom for spiritual practices, that does not imply that in poverty is not possible to self-actualize (as it was my case coming from a very poor surrounding (both financially and intellectually). And the perspective of each person is also important, because no matter how much healthy is the country where you live, if you are stuck in a Stage Orange or Blue (as many Americans in the US) you might not even have the interest to self-actualize.

I was born and grew up in Czechia - free schools, college, healthcare (good social net overall).

Though a couple years ago I moved to Denmark, because I like the different education system at colleges. Also, the social net is even stronger here. People are nicer and everyone knows english. It is safer here - leaving the house unlocked is done quite normal. I can bike around everywhere. I can buy a lot of organic food in any store. I can have 100% green electricity. There is almost an infrastructure for electric vehicles. Cities are planned in a nice way with lots of greenery. Salary relative to living expenses here are better than Czechia (I can save up a lot of money for starting a business for example). Since the population is rich, a lot of new technology comes here first.

These little bonuses add up as you can see and even when Czechia is very good country to live in relative to the world. Denmark has been even better for me... so good, that Im even considering citizenship.

Do your research about countries, travel and live in a country for at least a month to get some sense of how it is. Then consider moving. New Zealand though seems like already top-tier place to live for me.

My top-tier countries are Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, New Zealand and maybe Canada or Finland. Based on many factors.

Edited by Dingo

Ideally, although much more intensive, my goal is to save all orca whales from captivity along with any other life that I deem sentient enough to not warrant being enclosed where I build a sanctuary around the island and try to mature a process overtime where they're released or give them to a sanctuary that is relentless in achieving this goal on lease (so they never get sold anywhere else if that's at all a possibility). We often forget the sentient lives that are being lived behind bars unnecessarily (includes human lives ---- so where's their self actualisation?) and in swimming pools cruelly, we have many other abstract cultural problems as well but this is where a large art of my heart is at present.  Buy them off the parks and then do my best to contribute to having the whole business outlawed.

Otherwise zero countries (other than owning an island), in general the ideal should be to travel everywhere around the world continuously while actualizing, outside of this if you're a true hermit its Norway, Sweden, Denmark and maybe even Canada.

Edited by Origins

On 18/11/2020 at 6:55 PM, Mada_ said:

Tell that to someone in a war torn country. 

Many people, like myself, are extremely privileged. 

Well not entirely, because people born in privileged countries were so privileged, most of them were spoilt and never got to go through harsh realities that someone in a war torn country and did go through first hand. Lots of kids in privileged countries dont know what its like to be alive, unlike their worn torn immigrant colleagues.

Yet then again lots of people in war torn countries are quite delusional and attached to their ideologies too. Although if you were from a war torn country and came to a privileged country, IMO this would be very self actualizing, way more then someone born in a privileged country.

On 18/11/2020 at 2:01 AM, Vision said:

Not many on here are from new zealand. Many on here are from northern Europe and croatia. Northern europe seems like the best place to actualize, decriminalized psychedelics in some parts, and higher SD tier then new zealand.

Edited by electroBeam

@electroBeam Australia and New Zealand are some of the best countries. 

But this guy ruins it lol by not catching a cat correctly. He missed his only chance. xDxD

He is in the Australian desert. Maybe you should try it too Lmfao. 

Hahaha. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@electroBeam Australia and New Zealand are some of the best countries. 

But this guy ruins it lol by not catching a cat correctly. He missed his only chance. xDxD

He is in the Australian desert. Maybe you should try it too Lmfao. 

Hahaha. 

I'm not sure what makes me feel more awkward, my pants accidentally coming down in the shops, or watching this dude represent my reputation around the world xD

"If each cat consumes 180 animals a year... probably more, probably 180 animals a month" xD very precise range there.

@electroBeam  it was so embarrassing for him to just let the cat go in the end. The cat outsmarted him so smoothly. Haha xD

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.