Raven1998

why i am not the body?

68 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Raven1998 said:

why i am not the body? 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Raven1998 Because the body is a mental construct. It would be like a wave asking why it's not a ripple. It's true nature would be water, not the form/ a ripple.

1 minute ago, Natasha said:

@Raven1998 Because the body is a mental construct. It would be like a wave asking why it's not a ripple. Your true nature would be water, not the form/ a ripple.

i really didnt got it.. ??

9 minutes ago, Raven1998 said:

why i am not the body? 

You are the body, but you are not only limited to that.

19 minutes ago, Raven1998 said:

why i am not the body? 

Imagine if you were to remove one of your arms - (do not try this for real) Would you still be you?   Start doing that thought experiment with more and more body parts.  (Its part of self inquiry).  You will have pretty quickly eliminated most of the body and yet you would still be you - or what you think is you.   Leo has a great early enlightenment video guiding you through this - just go back and listen to it while doing self inquiry.  Self inquiry is about eliminating or the peeling away of what you think is you until you discover the Truth.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

14 minutes ago, Raven1998 said:

i really didnt got it.. ??

You only think you're the body as a conceptual assumption. When it turns into dust, is it still a 'body'?

Completely remove thought from your experience right now. If you do that is the body still there? There's something there right, but without the thought you couldnt identify it as a body? You couldn't even say there was something "there". 

To that end, without referring to thought you couldn't say where you are, what you are or that you are human. 

Try it now, you'll soon discover that without thought all there is is your current experience. (The paradox here being that thought is also part of that experience!) 

Your entire "world" exists as a mental construct. To even argue against this is itself just another thought! You equally cannot argue for it because that's a thought too!

All knowledge is illusory. 

It just is.... Its Being ?

1 hour ago, Raven1998 said:

why i am not the body? 

Because you’re nobody; formless & infinite. There isn’t that “I” and thus “it” cannot “have” anything, which is the crux of attachment to the thoughts “I” and “body”, and the very heart of suffering. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, Raven1998 said:

why i am not the body? 

@Raven1998 are you the body in your dreams or are you really the whole world pretending to be a body so you can experience your dream? 
does your body still look the same as it did when you were a little kid? Are any of the cells even the same ? No they change every seven years , you are not the body you are the whole thing

@Raven1998 you're not JUST the body.

You are the body AND a whole lot more.

You're not exclusively the body.

And what makes you, you - is beyond the body.

If God forbid your legs were chopped off, you would still be you - of course you wouldn't be able to do a lot of things you do now and you would be a newer you in a way. But at your core, you'd still be you. 

Hence, you're not your body.

You HAVE a body.

You are the SOUL (or whatever word you wanna use... Aliveness)

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Most people think they are inside the body, not the body itself. And some people think they are not the body. So everyone agrees that they are not the body. What they disagree about is the location of the observer or the sentience and whether it exists or not, more precisely, people disagree about their existential nature.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

This is the easiest belief to dismantle. 

Do you identify yourself with a feet? No. 

With a leg? No.

With a knee? No. 

With a finger? No. 

With your left ear? No. 

With your stomach? No. 

With your brain? Are you a brain? No. 

Then, if you don't identify yourself with ANY parts of the body, how can you identify yourself with the sum of all the single parts (the body)? 

You can't of course. 

That's why you are not a body. 

Think (or better feel) about it. 

Are you the body? Yes? The body must exist then, if you exist. The body is what is. So you are what is. You are just what is. Or are you what is not? That would be strange indeed. But that’s what is. There’s only what is — what isn’t is what is, as is everything. This means nothing and is not helpful to anyone, obviously.

8 hours ago, Vittorio said:

This is the easiest belief to dismantle. 

Do you identify yourself with a feet? No. 

With a leg? No.

With a knee? No. 

With a finger? No. 

With your left ear? No. 

With your stomach? No. 

With your brain? Are you a brain? No. 

Then, if you don't identify yourself with ANY parts of the body, how can you identify yourself with the sum of all the single parts (the body)? 

You can't of course. 

That's why you are not a body. 

Think (or better feel) about it. 

I add my two cents: you are not a body but you have a body. 

Then you can proceed to debunk the following:

Am I in the brain? 

Where do thoughts and emotion happen? 

Am I the mind? Why yes/not?

Who is perceiving? 

Where am I located? 

And so on. 

@Raven1998
This problem used to confuse me too. But I believe that with enough open mindedness and desire to understand, you will eventually realize that this is the case.

I suggest you to sit down and contemplate on it in silence.

Can you find the thing that you consider “you” in the body? 

By the way, actually try to find it. Don’t get lost in your logical mind.