Some Fella

Let's get serious: the fastest method to enlightenment

43 posts in this topic

Here's my take: 

mental silence (jhana) x maximum possible

mindfulness (vipassana) x maximum possible

loving kindness (metta) x 5-15% of time (arbitrary percentage)

daily high intensity physical exercise

flawless diet

blast ego-death doses of psychedelics every single day until tolerance becomes insurmountable, wait for tolerance to go back down, repeat.

basically: 

- don't think ever, lengthen the gaps between thoughts as long as possible, try to stay in the deepest jhana that you can, all day long.

- be mindful of as much as possible at once, whilst simultaneously as focused & precisely as possible (may require alternating between the two for best results), all day long.

- include some form of loving kindness or other feel-good meditation so you don't burn out & also to practice being loving.

- physical exercise keeps the brain nice n oxygenated or however that works. high intensity = less time training the body = more time training the mind.

- the psychedelics blast is based on Leo saying that they are the fastest method, but I'm worried this might become a crutch at such a high frequency.

I also think it might be a cool idea to include this as well: pain x maximum possible (either daily or once every 1-4 weeks). this could serve as a way to measure our progress towards becoming imperturbable super-beings, lords of the earth & sky.

Thoughts on my method? What's your method? Is the psychedelics blast a fast-track to mental illness?

Some of the exercises are good. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Goog good good, not fucking around, I like it.

I would only add: 

- Constantly noticing and disindentifying from the I-though.

- Some kind of Energy Work.

The answer depends on the aspirant. For me, Raja yoga has been helpful.

Yoga (“integration of the spirit”; becoming whole at the deepest spiritual level; from the word yuj, to yoke or bind together; “skill in action” or acting in freedom rather than reacting to events compelled by conditioning)

Jnana yoga (the yoga of knowledge, use will and discrimination to disidentify from the body, mind, and senses until knowing we are nothing but the Self)

Bhakti yoga (the yoga of devotion, achieve the same goal by identifying completely with the Lord in love; mostly taken by the mystics of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam)

Karma yoga (the yoga of selfless action, dissolve identification with body and mind by identifying with the whole of life, forgetting the finite self in the service of others)

Raja yoga (the yoga of meditation, discipline the mind and senses until the mind-process is suspended in a healing stillness and we merge in the Self)

Still your mind in me, still your intellect in me, and without doubt you will be united with me forever. If you cannot still your mind in me, learn to do so through the regular practice of meditation. If you lack the will for such self-discipline, engage yourself in my work, for selfless service can lead you at last to complete fulfillment. If you are unable to do even this, surrender yourself to me, disciplining yourself and renouncing the results of all your actions. Better indeed is knowledge than mechanical practice. Better than knowledge is meditation. But better still is surrender of attachment to results, because there follows immediate peace.

Bhagavad Gita (12:8-12)

Some realize the Self within them through the practice of meditation, some by the path of wisdom, and others by selfless service. Others may not know these paths; but hearing and following the instructions of an illumined teacher, they too go beyond death.

Bhagavad Gita (13: 24-25)

Meditation is superior to severe asceticism and the path of knowledge. It is also superior to selfless service. May you attain the goal of meditation, Arjuna!

Bhagavad Gita (6:46)

There is merit in studying the scriptures, in selfless service, austerity, and giving, but the practice of meditation carries you beyond all these to the supreme abode of the highest Lord.

Bhagavad Gita (8:28)

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

so, did you do it and achieve enlightenment? otherwise how do you know it is the best way?

Shinzen youngs strong detetmination sitting sounds good for that kind of stuff 4-8 hours of sitting would definately transform the way you view the world. Damn 1.5 h is the max i can do and it messes with the perception of reality in a very good manner.

14 hours ago, Some Fella said:

[...]

[...]

blast ego-death doses of psychedelics every single day until tolerance becomes insurmountable, wait for tolerance to go back down, repeat.

[...]

- don't think ever, lengthen the gaps between thoughts as long as possible, try to stay in the deepest jhana that you can, all day long.

[...]I also think it might be a cool idea to include this as well: pain x maximum possible (either daily or once every 1-4 weeks). this could serve as a way to measure our progress towards becoming imperturbable super-beings, lords of the earth & sky.

A lot of this is toxic as fuck :x

Firstly: "Daily high intensity physical exercise" sounds like a one-way road to injury and being out of commission. People always underestimate the importance of rest days until they inevitably learn the hard way... (that's what happened to me, too) It's far better to have 2-3 intense days in the week, and the other days are light workouts/movements.

Secondly: "Blast ego-death doses of psychedelics every single day" shows that you are completely and utterly underestimating psychedelics. Your insistence on "ego-death doses" and "every single day" shows immaturity. You see them as a tool for personal gain and in your head you think, "yeah it's worth abusing them for GROWTH!" Think of psychedelics as ALIVE. Think of them as a wise master where you have to earn each other's trust. Your approach lacks patience, reverence, and wonder. Your approach fundamentally misunderstands growth, thinking that it is a straight shot upwards whereas it really comes in waves and plateaus. Regression is a part of progression, and NOT taking psychedelics is a part of taking psychedelics.

This notion of "ego-death" is also really interesting, it looks to me like you believe "ego death" to be a part of you dying (that is, you think "my ego" is going to be the one dying instead of "ME"), but no, "ego death" is identical to literal death. It will be no different than putting a gun to your forehead and pulling the trigger. Contemplate why you are so excited to have an "ego death" on psychedelics, but you won't go and get a gun, put it to your forehead, and pull the trigger.

Thirdly: "Don't think ever, lengthen the gaps between thoughts as long as possible" is deeply problematic. You are inventing an "on/off switch" in your mind and then exerting an effort to put the "off" switch on a pedestal while attempting to discard the "on" switch (all of this is self-deception). There is nothing enlightened about this.

Enlightenment is about letting go and acceptance (regardless of outcome). You are training yourself to hold on to specific outcomes (i.e. "don't think ever") and everything you propose is secretly a way to NOT accept yourself as you are right this moment.

"This could serve as a way to measure our progress towards becoming imperturbable super-beings, lords of the earth & sky."

This shows that you're really in it for personal gain. Maybe you were joking about the "lords of the earth & sky" bit, but just the fact that "becoming imperturbable" is the measure of your spirituality makes it very clear that what you really want is the inability to be hurt (probably because you are hurting, right now), as well as a feeling of superiority.

Enlightenment is about Truth and Love. Not invincibility or superiority.

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

Sounds like bodybuilding. But instead of blast and cruise cycles with GH, androgens, and insulin, it’s blasting and cruising cycles of psychedelic experiences — or just experience in general. Experience is the engine for the dream’s apparent continuation.

Well, for consciousness expansion, psychedelics can definitely be useful, but there’s no need to try to get anywhere — there isn’t anywhere else, the illusion you’re trying to overcome is that there’s 2 of anything; 2 places or times or ways you can be. There’s only everything. There’s nothing else. The trap is trying to know the empty; the unspeakable; the infinite; the unknowable, which is all there is.

3 hours ago, RendHeaven said:

Firstly: "Daily high intensity physical exercise" sounds like a one-way road to injury and being out of commission. People always underestimate the importance of rest days until they inevitably learn the hard way... (that's what happened to me, too) It's far better to have 2-3 intense days in the week, and the other days are light workouts/movements.

I actually agree with the high-intensity training, it can be super spiritual to push beyond your mind's limiter. Just don't do it in a stupid way. 

5 hours ago, Some Fella said:

Here's my take: 

flawless diet

basically: 

- be mindful of as much as possible at once, whilst simultaneously as focused & precisely as possible (may require alternating between the two for best results), all day long.

- include some form of loving kindness or other feel-good meditation so you don't burn out & also to practice being loving.

- physical exercise keeps the brain nice n oxygenated or however that works. high intensity = less time training the body = more time training the mind.

- the psychedelics blast is based on Leo saying that they are the fastest method, but I'm worried this might become a crutch at such a high frequency.

I also think it might be a cool idea to include this as well: pain x maximum possible (either daily or once every 1-4 weeks). this could serve as a way to measure our progress towards becoming imperturbable super-beings, lords of the earth & sky.

Thoughts on my method? What's your method? Is the psychedelics blast a fast-track to mental illness?

hahahahahaha! Thats like saying: I can outrun that which is always 1 step ahead of me! Its kind of cute but its also epic too! :D Some sound like cool practices, just don't do them to reach enlightenment. Do them if you enjoy doing them! 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

I mean it could work if you do not develop too many mental problems and are ready to leave everything behind.

Let's get serious: the fastest method to enlightenment

If you are even a little serious just know, there's no fastest or slowest way to Enlightenment ( if you really understand what it really is ), it is a process just like birth of a Human Child, can you fasten it? It takes 9 months ( except rare exceptions ).

So just be interested in the process and not in the time frame, things will happen or occur eventually when they should happen or occur.

And as far as the blast goes just be wary and be mindful one shouldn't blast the very nature of his own being straight upside down indiscriminately.

BREATHE.

The fastest method to enlightenment is realizing you already are, and dropping the duality completely. You were brainwashed in the first place to believe you are something less than pure consciousness. You took this belief "I'm not enlightened" by storm & you set out on the mission to find yourself, not realizing you would be chasing your own tail. You are searching for what you already are, how comical is that? Enlightenment has no authority over you, it's not anyhow or anymore important, all those are bulwarks keeping the ego protected. You invent the notion of a "method", which implies something-which-is-yet-to-come, and therefore pushes enlightenment infinitely far into the future.

Then again, our notions of enlightenment are probably different.

Edit: If you genuinely believe to be on a search for enlightenment, It's incredibly risky to take advice about such matters on the internet. You never know what beliefs people have mixed up, what they are projecting onto you, etc. I'm just bringing it to your attention; I know you probably know this, and I don't seek to underestimate you. I suggest you sprawl a bridge between yourself & being. As soon as the spark heaves; the magical mystical childhood magic starts to reappear, you can get a perpetuum mobile going.

Edited by SirVladimir

7 hours ago, Some Fella said:

Here's my take: 

flawless diet

basically: 

I was doing something similar until a teacher asked me what happened when I'd finished all my yoga and meditation for the day. Does Truth go away then until I start my practice the following day? You are God/ Truth right this second and will be whether you're doing yoga 23 hours a day or sitting eating a hamburger. When he pointed that out, the whole process of getting "enlightened" seemed ridiculous. It just made me realize that I was missing what was staring me in the face the whole time. 

I know we have to go on the "hero's" journey, but this really resonated with me and really grounded my practice in the here and now. Hope this helps you too my friend. 

My personal preference for a practice is just sitting quietly and observing.

"Be still and know that I am God." 

I think someone famous said that ?

Edited by Jonty

1 hour ago, fridjonk said:

I actually agree with the high-intensity training, it can be super spiritual to push beyond your mind's limiter. Just don't do it in a stupid way. 

I was critiquing DAILY high intensity exercise. Obviously high intensity exercise is good, but not daily. You WILL be prone to injury.

It's Love.

41 minutes ago, AlphaAbundance said:

Shaktipat. Test it out. Fuck the masculine path to enlightenment. Take the feminine path, just let the world give it to you

https://www.rasatransmissioninternational.com/

?

Either works. Or doesn’t, depending on your viewpoint in that particular duality.