Mesopotamian

Teal Swan's Fragmentation Method, An Example of Shadow Work

23 posts in this topic

I would like to share this video of Teal Swan, a member recommended her channel a month ago, and I have to say, what she's giving is high quality teaching into understanding oneself. I am not sure if this is her method or someone else, because she didn't credit anyone, Same member also shared a demonstration for Teal with one of her followers where they demonstrate a dialogue between the different conflicting parts of one's psyche. I've tried the method, and I founded many opposite parts in myself and by making recognizing them and making them talk to one another, I was relieved and immediately stopped many behaviours I wasn't able to control. I've been informed that this is an example of the "Shadow Work" that Leo mentions sometimes in his videos.  

Here's a complete playlist on the subject

This comes from Internal Family Systems Therapy created by Richard Schwartz.

https://ifs-institute.com/about-us/richard-c-schwartz-phd

The idea of multiple personalities also runs through the history of psychology -  Freud had the ego, super ego, id, and Jung had the complexes, etc.  

An excellent book on the history of subpersonalites in psychology is “Subpersonalities: the people inside us” by John Rowan.

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Yeah she does good content. 

I agree, for me as a synthesis: integration = truthful relationships with all of existence (truthful here being defined as, not tainted, held back, pure authenticity, spirit) and that is ones growing enlightenment in light of the dissolving ego with that ethos. 

For shadow work, maybe imagine yourself as a serial killer, a terrorist that's been brainwashed by the CIA to take out president Clinton (let's say Trump never won), putting a gun to your head and blowing your brains out, having your genitals feasted on by a giant spider that has your body paralysed so you can still see and feel everything, like the cob webs wrapping around your genitals and the slow pincers of the spider feasting on them along with laying eggs inside all the openings of your body including where its pierced your genitals.

TIME FOR A TIME OUT KID GO SIT IN THAT CORNER OVER THERE TO THINK ABOUT WHAT LINGUISTIC SYMBOLS YOU JUST DREW!!! 

desktop-1419961471.jpg

Ive been putting off watching her work only because her teaching style turns me off, but many people keep recommending me to watch her videos so I think ill give it another go.

@Origins @Mesopotamian  Which of her videos do you think transformed you to the most?

Leading on from my previous post:

I just imagined a serial killer killing me (because I tried imagining myself as a serial killer, didn't go too well, felt a puking sensation), WOW was that revealing. 

They cut me up limb from limb, through my limbs and my head out onto the grass like I was nothing, free for any wildlife to eat as it pleased, like right now I see a worm coming out of my eye ball weeks after birds have already pecked them both out! That's nature for you! It doesn't care if a serial killer took you out, it'll eat up the scraps of you regardless as to how you died!

Oh I didn't watch either of them @Bando , I know her general direction though she doesn't give too many specifics. I don't see these people in particular ways per se, I just see her as a cool being sharing her self expression and nothing more than that. So many people make such a big deal out of other people its totally ridiculous to me. Cool chick to learn from about different things. I think its because subconsciously, these people are looking for an authority figure, so when they listen to her they give up their authority rather than just trying to integrate her content to the point it becomes their own personal practice - hence unrealistic expectations are built. 

Edited by Origins

So crazy haha, there's so many ways you could imagine yourself dying but this one just happened to make me laugh.

So I'm imaging myself laying down on my bed asleep and anyhow I have a ceiling fan with sharp enough blades that they could do some damage if they were rotating fast enough and struck the right spot, and that's exactly what happened. Set at max speed during a hot summer's night, for whatever reason this one night the base supporting the entire frame that underpins the rotation mechanism of the blades falls and one of the blades pierces right through my skull.

And its just a massive jamming thud that occurs with little reaction from myself due to instantaneous death.

Takes about a week for people to figure out I'm dead, they knock on my door enough times that they decide to figure out a way to get in and they just walk into my bedroom and bam they see me there with a blade right through my skull.

Haha. 

It's the existential shock of it that makes it amusing, one minute you're there peacefully integrating the days experiences, then dreaming perhaps you're having a lucid dream preparing for the next day and bam. Lights out and a few days later close persons get the shock of their life.

This will be my last comment on this thread but yeah I'm learning a lot from this shadow work I'll continue to develop my patterns here to eventually build personal models on the subject as its an area in which I've really only touched the surface on.

Edited by Origins

3 hours ago, Origins said:

TIME FOR A TIME OUT KID GO SIT IN THAT CORNER OVER THERE TO THINK ABOUT WHAT LINGUISTIC SYMBOLS YOU JUST DREW!!! 

Creative power?

???????

I think Internal Family Systems therapy is the best technique for getting to know your multiple parts and resolving inner conflict.  Jay Earley has a lot of clear, actionable books.  I’d recommend “Freedom from your Inner Critic.”  

I know Teal Swan is controversial because of the starseed stuff, but she’s also good at talking about the uncomfortable, darker aspects of personal development.  A lot of teachers don’t want to touch that stuff.  Her vids about parental expectations, shame and childhood trauma are really great.

Watch her ex-boyfriend's point of view. Teal Swan told him to kill himself. She is a liar and a manipulator. 

Please do not share her content on this forum. 

@Edvardas
If you want to hear his perspective on teal swan, watch this video instead (pt. 2) 

Watch the first video if you want his background leading up to teal swan

Edited by JohnD
accuracy

Teal Swan is blessed, very grounded. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

The second and third part confirmed what I suspected all along.  She takes all her material from many different sources and packages it in an entertaining way.  The man in the video at one point talks about how easy it is to fake spirituality, especially for people who have the gift for gab.  

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

What's detailed in those videos is full on psychological and emotional abuse, and a complete disconnect between her public persona and who she really is. I never resonated with her content, but can imagine those who did would have a really hard time digesting this.

@Mesopotamian The one that can see life more as a puzzle and not seek for only one fantastic solution, should try to grasp what Teal talks about, because out of own experience can recognize what she says and can be helped.

Sure, bs can everything be from a closed mind.

Teal are one of many sources, have many sources gets a broader spectrum of tools during the journey.

Sometimes a content from any source you stumble over, can be handy to see and also re-evaluate later in a another situation, because some new puzzle pieces have arrived to the table.

The dangerous part is how to use it all and some seem have the hopes doing well all time, there are powerful deep-level content on internet and if it used properly you will have a chance to thrive and change deeply.

If use the content, do it properly, create a safety protocol.

The one who not judge anymore, because already had experience of a fooling mind, that can destroy any solution there is, behind a closed mind.

People will always try bs all content there is and also them who wants to share content.

Yes, be careful what you do in life are always important and also be careful how to give advice to others about own opinion.