Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrustTheProcess

Exercises to increase your capacity to love

15 posts in this topic

So I am not in a place in my life where I can seriously pursue enlightenment(survival needs/purpose are primary on plate). 

That said, I still want to create the best life for myself and realize that increasing my capacity to extend love for myself and for all of humanity and for the entire universe is essential in not only being better fit to be a leader and actualize my life purpose, but also it just feels good to love. 

I watched leos first vid on love(I will be watching the second one later this week) and his outrageous experiments in consciousness vid. 

If anyone has any suggestions for specific exercises, books, or videos on this topic... it would be very appreciated.

Love,

louhad

@louhad

Pursuing enlightenment could be said to be something you’ve been doing since the day you were born, and are doing 24/7, rather than a choice or a plan. Perhaps the only thing is question is wether one is conscious of this or not. The not, tends to look like repetition of reactionary behavior, blame, judgement, arrogance, frustration, resentment, anger, guilt, shame, etc (suffering). The conscious looks like responsibility, self accountability, listening to feeling instead of repeating the same thoughts, beliefs and perspectives. You can consider, you would never consciously choose to feel not good. So if you feel not good, it can be deduced you are not conscious that you are choosing to feel not good (if you don’t blame an outside source that is). 

The more one slows down and takes responsibility for how they feel and what they’re thinking and choosing, the more one realizes that is always going on. The thoughts about one’s self in a past or future which are “problematic”, as in inhibiting to create the life dream they desire to create, would be the not good feeling thoughts. If one is attested I’ve enough to this, one begins to glimpse that there is not past or future, only this apparent moment ‘now’. So one realizes, conscious creating is indeed binary. It is now, and one is conscious or not, now. Think about it in the simplest sense...have you ever experienced not-now? Have you ever been not-here? Have you ever experienced not-relative? 

Then maybe consider, would you yourself choose to be led by one in reactionary behavior, blame, judgement, arrogance, frustration, resentment, anger, guilt, shame - suffering? 

Then just smile and feel the love that you are, the leader you already are, and see it in everyone else to, wether they’re conscious now or feeling not good and reacting. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Metta meditation. Sending love 

Reiki love 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@louhad Forgiveness. It will kill you in some sense. 

The sort in Leo's video on the topic, with that guided exercise. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao Fuck yea, recently went through this forgiveness exercise. Goes deep. Brought shit up that I thought was processed long ago which made me realise how far there is to go, but left with fresh hope. Seems after every one of Leo's videos I'm convinced I've found the cure :D this one is pretty convincing @louhad Back in. Gl

Go for a walk. Consciously love every tree, building, person, sound, sight, sensation, thought, feeling etc. that comes.

Fall in love with every thought you have of yourself and the world, even if they are "negative".

Love is the only game around. In the end, there is nothing else to do.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

When i have noticed the feeling of my heart (I would call the warm feeling on my heart love) in my body, it is after doing the work of Byron Katie. Once I combined the work of Byron Katie with 200uq of lsd. This made the love feeling in my heart so intense that it almost burnt. I felt like I loved myself so much that I wanted to give my body a hug. I've also done lsd around people, and definitely felt deeply closer to people on the substance. 

In short: 

Loving what is by Byron katie, after reading this and doing the work, was the first time I felt my heart. 

Lsd magnifies this. 

Actually come to think of it, my first meditation experience was doing a loving kindness meditation called the metta bhavana. I felt more compassion and happiness than ever before, it really knocked my socks off if I'm honest, i didn't know what to expect. 

It's a good thing that you posted this, I might return to these practices soon. 

I'm keeping a self-love practice journal in the journal session. 

Things that work for me:

1. Self-love meditation;

2. Mirror work;

3. Gratitude journal;

4. Small gift giving;

5. Starting my own discussion group on self-love;

6. Journaling about emotions;

7. Sending love to people before I go to bed.

If you look for key words such as "self love" "express love" on youtube, there will be tons of videos. Small habits create unbelievable results. Good luck!

21 hours ago, louhad said:

So I am not in a place in my life where I can seriously pursue enlightenment(survival needs/purpose are primary on plate)

What do you consider increasing your capacity to love then?

21 hours ago, louhad said:

If anyone has any suggestions for specific exercises, books, or videos on this topic... it would be very appreciated.

This Tony Robbins video might help:

Simple, focus on love, in everything that you do. The more you immerse yourself in the frequency of love, the more you will experience such. This is simply how reality works, where your energy goes most, is where and what you will experience most. Whatever arises, Love it grandly!

Love everything as if it your newborn baby, if you can do this for everything that pops in your life, you will be amazed by what unfolds naturally.

You get, what you put out.

- The Universe.

@Quantum Toad Those who are willing to venture into love will look like fools and those who don't will look wise.  

That's why most don't venture.

???????

@aurum hey dude welcome back!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

@aurum hey dude welcome back!

Thank you man! Couldn’t resist ;) 

Practices for learning how to love others:

• Be in a healthy relationship
  • Raise a child
  • Serve a cause that helps society or the planet
  • Ponder the collective wisdom of the ages and apply it to your life
  • Recognize the light of consciousness that is within you, and that connects you to every other being

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.