Aratrok

Why are you not vegan Leo?

105 posts in this topic

On 7.7.2020 at 10:38 PM, Leo Gura said:

I've tried it multiple times but given my thyroid condition, a vegan diet simply does not give me enough energy to function. I would have to be eating every couple of hours not to feel hungry and cold.

And I do not consume any wheat or grain products. Most vegans eat garbage grains to make up the bulk of their calories.

High carb diets do not make me feel good.

Did you ever try an only fruit and vegetable diet (low fat)?  I have the same thyroid condition as you and it really helped me with it - much more energy. 

I have no problem with veganism but look up Rob Greenfield if you think that veganism is the most sustainable diet. If it was, Rob would be doing it. You will get it when you hear him talk.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

@purerogue  yea i guess different genes and tolerance, make sense. 

but after looking some films like game changers, and thinking that great people like Leonardo da vinchi, Eisenstein, Nikola tesla, say good stuff about veganism, vegetarian diets and follow these, it makes me wonder maybe there is something about it. i just want to know what it best for the body and i think with science we have the possibility verify it now, it should be simple. i really want a simple answer but i guess its all about experiment and seeing for yourself. right now i am really confused after trying amen ra protocol, veganism, i really dont sure. the think is that the way those cows are taking care of now is just disgusting to think eating that, its all about the money now.  

@Villager Albert i looked him up, it make sense what he said. black and white thinking is the problem, there is no one answer that fits everyone, i love that ,no dogma and locked mind.

On 7/8/2020 at 2:03 PM, Michael569 said:

A lot of vegans assume a moral high ground and it these kinds of arguments that turn people away. Because you are not talking from a place of love, compassion and understanding but from a position of arrogance and (self-perceived) superiority. I stopped being vegan because I used to become that and because I was judgemental and hateful of everyone who dared to contradict my opinion. 

The same thing happened to me when i was vegan for some time, and when i became aware of my way of thinking about other people who were not vegan i got scared of myself, in some way you think you are acting out of love and in other way you start hating others who don't agree with your ideology which is totally an absurd state of mind health. I think right now we are in such an state, fighting with each other until finding out that it's not gonna take us anywhere.