Aratrok

Why are you not vegan Leo?

105 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

An already existing spirituality?  You mean religion?  Well most religions have no problem with eating meat as far as I know except for Buddhism maybe but Buddhism is not really a religion. Budhha wasn't a teaching in beliefs or dogma etc.  

Turning into what we hate about the world? Hmm interesting concept but how does that relate to the topic?  I mean because life is cruel and we hate that we will just turn into cruel animals to just numb our feelings of guilt?  

As I said in any case you Wil kill life forms if so long as you wish to survive. Kill or get killed. 

no there is no guilt if you are numb - that’s the problem. your emotional numbness is what is unspiritual. and you don’t even need religion for that if you are emotionally intelligent enough to see that this is a phenomenon you can see everywhere around you. if you cannot you are emotionally numbed, which really makes you blind to what is spiritually going on around you all the time. if you are talking about enlightenment you cannot skip what the people you see as enlightened people said or did - regardless of being religious or not you either measure yourself with their teachings to find out if you are on the path or you are simply not enlightened. if you push people or animals into a corner of survival where they fear for their lifes, or getting absolutely conscious of all suffering around them, do you think that’s enlightened?  how do you think someone would react backlashing in their darkest moment? that’s it, that’s what psychological survival looks like if you give up defence, you won’t stop seeing you won’t deny suffering and you will try to give up the creation of suffering.

2 minutes ago, remember said:

if you are talking about enlightenment you cannot skip what the people you see as enlightened people said or did - regardless of being religious or not you either measure yourself with their teachings to find out if you are on the path or you are simply not enlightened. 

Sorry but that goes against everything I believe in. That's not for me.  I respect your view tho but we are not on the same page if that's what you think. 

I respect the opinions of any spiritually developed person but I'm the measurement at then end not them. The truth has to be mine.. Can't borrow it.   I'm my own buddha.  

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Sorry but that goes against everything I believe in. That's not for me.  I respect your view tho but we are not on the same page if that's what you think. 

I respect the opinions of any spiritually developed person but I'm the measurement at then end not them. The truth has to be mine.. Can't borrow it.   I'm my own buddha.  

yes that’s why you are none.

9 minutes ago, remember said:

yes that’s why you are none.

No one here.. Or there lol 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

No one here.. Or there lol 

well yeah, if someone is home, give it a long thought! give it so much reflection until you understand. maybe you won’t, maybe you will and maybe you‘ll change your perspective.

Why have you not become a multi billionaire and used all your resources to make an actual impact in stopping the meat industry, @Aratrok?

yeah, why just why is it so difficult being the change we would like to see?

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not gonna get into all those details. Keep your nose in your own business.

Suffice it to say that you have no idea my situation. So watch your assumptions.

not sure who you are addressing with that, but i could start a blog about nutrition if that would be my vision, i could fill it with just what i cook on a day to day base. so maybe its not that people are only interested in what you eat but try to help you in the technical aspects. some of the insights to better nutrition came from people like @DrewNows because he never gave up. or from @pluto or from @Michael569 and from discussions with other people. it just seems odd that you never want to discuss technical aspects.

what condition you are in, seems difficult enough to ask these questions without being snoopy.

could be that the issue of feeling cold and hungry is about your microbiome more than about the thyroid problem. everyone else does not have a problem to talk about their issues. 

i have rheumatoid arthritis... so what? because i don’t put myself out there, this is not personal?

i get that this would make you in a sense vulnerable because people would analyze you more than usually. and you want to find your own way probably.

what‘s such a problem about not acing everything? nutrition might be an achilles heel, so its ofc even more important to look into it.

the same with gaining weight on vegan diet is happening because of a wrong choice of foods. @mandyjw it’s cool by the way that you tried! with the right foods you would not gain weight, because vegan actually can be the best diet if you want to keep your weight. 

my point is: vegan means a lot of effort and there are issues with soy and gloutinous stuff. it takes minimum one year trial and error to find out about all of ones problematic vegan foods.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm not gonna get into all those details. Keep your nose in your own business.

Suffice it to say that you have no idea my situation. So watch your assumptions.

@Leo Gura Was that directed at me?

Regardless, why not? What do you have to lose?

5 hours ago, Display_Name said:

Why have you not become a multi billionaire and used all your resources to make an actual impact in stopping the meat industry, @Aratrok?

@Display_Name because i have ego?

1 hour ago, modmyth said:

Our bodies have already changed too much at this point anyway to go back to completely natural eating circa 10,000+ years ago.

while you make some really good points about natural foods, you fail to see that the human gut might not really have changed so much, but our food has so much changed that people have multiple autoimmune conditions regarding food, and even the autoimmune conditions which are not directly connected to the gut system are indirectly connected with the gut. also the amount of meat consumed during the last, at least 70 years has been a multitude of what they had consumed before. the same goes for starchy white bread and availability of sugar and salt in masses. industrialization of food exsists only since industrialization exists - therefore you don’t have to go into the past that far.

just imagine how alone the microbiome of the gut is changed and pathological bacteria is grown in the gut through these specific eating habits. its def possible to eat a lot of raw stuff without feeling unhealthy if your gut did not already develop conditions. although even if it did, it’s a matter of training to get back to where it once started with. i‘d not say you could eat leaves like some monkeys probably still do? do they? at least salads you can eat and even if there is some more fiber in the salad from wild herbs or kale it’s totally possible.

Edited by remember

8 minutes ago, remember said:

while you make some really good points about natural foods, you fail to see that the human gut might not really have changed so much, but our food has so much changed that people have multiple autoimmune conditions regarding food, and even the autoimmune conditions which are not directly connected to the gut system are indirectly connected with the gut. also the amount of meat consumed during the last, at least 70 years has been a multitude of what they had consumed before. the same goes for starchy white bread and availability of sugar and salt in masses. industrialization of food exsists only since industrialization exists - therefore you don’t have to go into the past that far.

Totally, it’s a looping system of craving what you are, what you are being what you eat, notice children don’t come into the word craving all these cooked foods and what not...

first question might be are you happy with your health, mentally physically and spiritually?

2nd question could be how are they interconnected

and 3rd what might you be missing to achieve the desirable health goals in all 3 of these areas? How might one area be hindering progress in one of the other two areas...

@modmyth I agree with you about not being uptight, but after looking into the motives behind lab meat and the nutrition it contains I am just choosing to avoid it. 

Im also not that uptight about my food, sorry if it appears so on here, I’m not meaning to at all tbh, I’d say I eat 90% healthy, but I still drink alcohol and have a cheat meal from time to time without worrying about it.

I agree with worrying and fear etc effecting is just as much, if you want to enjoy some ice cream, go enjoy it. 

Im just talking about the majority of the time and the fundamentals of a healthy diet and lifestyle, and what I’ve found works best for me, and so far it’s been a whole foods plant based diet, with medical medium style advice, but slightly higher protein and fat due to wanting to progress in fitness, it’s a different balance for everyone for sure :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

28 minutes ago, modmyth said:

My counterpoint is that we don't actually know what the human body is capable of if we remove psychological and emotional presuggestion, social conditioning, etc. The only way to find out it to strip yourself bare, reorient yourself, and see what happens.

yes exactly the only way is to reset the whole eating habit like from the start. cool ?

thats exactly it, that’s what for example a reset starting with fasting, then raw foods and then slowly adding other foods in the vegan spectrum is doing. that’s in my perception the best way to find out about problematic food, too. which also means testing food you were sure about being unhealthy except you know it is unhealthy. (like some people think they have problem with starch but did not try wholegrain) 

raw dieting is already very good to start thinking differently because most people eat much to much processed food. after a while (like several weeks of testing multiple foods) if you still feel you need dairy eggs or later on even meat, yeah then maybe you do. if you don’t, adding stuff like b vitamins and vit d3 k2 is maybe a good idea - by the way vegans are sometimes better nutritioned on these than meat eaters because they supplement while meat eaters don’t. iron is also  important for women especially. natural eating is key - like what you say about vitamins. i mean veggies and fruits are full of the most of them so meat eaters often need to supplement much more than vegetarians/vegans.

Edited by remember

45 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Totally, it’s a looping system of craving what you are, what you are being what you eat, notice children don’t come into the word craving all these cooked foods and what not...

first question might be are you happy with your health, mentally physically and spiritually?

2nd question could be how are they interconnected

and 3rd what might you be missing to achieve the desirable health goals in all 3 of these areas? How might one area be hindering progress in one of the other two areas...

yes totally i have to do the resetting soon again because it’s actually more difficult to keep it up with the raw foods than i sometimes want to admit. ego is all for convenience xD but i am not.

by the way lentil sprouts are killer. i‘m sprouting a lot recently and beluga is my fave, 2 days has a fast sprouting rate.

Edited by remember

@remember I am just getting into using Astrology to explore health, it's crazy to see the complexities it exposes :D (using higher dimensions to view how we are the way we are...lol)

It is surely accurate to say diet isn't everything when it comes to health even if it can expose a lot of conditions as well as assisting in regeneration processes 

Edited by DrewNows

14 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

It is surely accurate to say diet isn't everything when it comes to health even if it can expose a lot of conditions as well as assisting in regeneration processes 

no of course. there are a looooooot of possibilities to get into the health field - i don’t know if astrology would be my favorite one... but every shaman has their own ways to approach. astrology has been the first spiritual thing i was interested in and i dropped it quite quickly as i count it to the mayaic sciences. whereas the symbolism is kind of interesting. so maybe its not in its structure but how it is used most of the time.

Edited by remember

@remember not sure what that means mayaic sciences, but did you ever use it to explore yourself?
Yeah I feel that’s accurate to say it’s how we use it..

1 minute ago, DrewNows said:

ever use it to explore yourself?

yeah, although i‘m not really that much of a person who likes to be put into a drawer or puts others into a drawer it feels a little like a cage. are we still talking about the topic of caged animals :D how did you know that... you psychic!

10 minutes ago, remember said:

yeah, although i‘m not really that much of a person who likes to be put into a drawer or puts others into a drawer it feels a little like a cage. are we still talking about the topic of caged animals :D how did you know that... you psychic!

Bahaha it’s about relate-ability, understanding how you both unique and interconnected, and why you prefer to do, think and feel a certain type of way :P 

Order and structure of the body, seeing cause and effect, being completely and utterly you without a shred of fear xD 

becoming familiar with natural traps blind spots and pitfalls in your unique expression 

Edited by DrewNows