Shiva99

I want to kill my ego

24 posts in this topic

I'm totally sick of my mind and ego. As soon as i wake up, there is peace for about 2mins, but after that my mind takes over for the rest of the day. It's a wave of annoyance, intrusive thoughts etc. I'm conscious of my thoughts, but i can't stop the identification. It goes automatically.  Meditation helps me, but only while i'm doing it, and a little bit after that. It doesn't last for long usually. What can i do? I want to ground myself in the present moment 24/7.

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

3 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Maybe it's just a wave?

No. 

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

The thoughts are not the problem, "you" are the problem. Thoughts are empty, "you" are the bank that collects them and gives them value. There is no exclusive present moment you can ground yourself in via practices. All there ever is, is what is appearing. The impermanence is the only "thing" permanent. It always changes, but it doesn't actually. This is all there is.

@Shiva99 You can not kill you ego, it is a sine qua non of your survival. 

Do meditation in the morning for at least 15 minutes, it helps! 

Observe your thoughts, do not get involve with them. You are not your inner voice and your thoughts.

You can read Michel Singer, or Sedona Method.  

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Shiva99 can you kill your mask? or your clothing? or your shoes?

you just take them off and throw them away. stop following patterns and beliefs you have gathered which lead you time and time again down the road that you do not like. observe yourself. set a goal and be your own judge to see how well you adhere to it. be tuff on yourself.

so you're ego... just know it's not you. you are below all that. below the ego. prior to the ego. ego is a mask. mask that you have worn so long that you're so afraid to take it off because you think it will kill you. but you are below the mask. yank that shit off burh!

there's no way to STOP being/doing something just as there's no way to stop shaking your leg... other than to SIMPLY STOP. 

if you were clapping and asking for a way to stop clapping... the answer might be a hard slap on the face, the will put the clapping to a stop.  the way to stop is to see you are doing it over and over again moment to moment. there's only STOPPING. observe and take action as needed.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@Johnny5 @Galyna I'm meditating 1 hour every morning already.

@Shiva99 wow, that is wonderful, I am not ?, not one hour for sure! 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

27 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

Yes but correct me if I'm wrong, you are meditating to feel better, to get rid of something you don't really know what it is?

The key to "killing your ego" is to find out what it actually is.

What about you then? 
I am not sure what you are implying... but I meditate to get closer to my true nature. I always wonder what is outside of my mind/thoughts , or maybe I am just expecting something and it never comes☹️

Edited by Galyna

what is actually wrong in your life? List 5 things that are going wrong in your life.
what is upsetting you?  List some more. 
Do you live a hard life with a very stressful job? I'd like to hear about it.
Or are you just bored?

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

2 hours ago, Shiva99 said:

I'm totally sick of my mind and ego. As soon as i wake up, there is peace for about 2mins, but after that my mind takes over for the rest of the day. It's a wave of annoyance, intrusive thoughts etc. I'm conscious of my thoughts, but i can't stop the identification. It goes automatically.  Meditation helps me, but only while i'm doing it, and a little bit after that. It doesn't last for long usually. What can i do? I want to ground myself in the present moment 24/7.

Stop trying to do something.

Just stop giving them attention they are not yours. 

Don't push them away and simultaneously do not claim them. Just let them burn themselves out....❤

20190814_152557.jpg

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Funny thing is... only an 'ego' would want to kill an 'ego' ?

@Shiva99 Try gratitude journaling, then revisit/continue those thoughts in the day when you start to focus on the thoughts that don't feel good. Or start a dream board, or dream up a story to plan and write in your head when you start to get on negative trains of thought. Don't make all thoughts the enemy but make sure to choose your friends wisely. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Funny thing is... only an 'ego' would want to kill an 'ego' ?

haha, funny thing is it is just pretending.

@Shiva99  How long have you been meditating.  Maybe it's time to up the weaponry.    Or forget what it is you are trying to do- (which is virtually impossible now that you are trying) because while the ego is seeking you are going to be SOL.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Johnny5 said:

And for good reason.

Care to elaborate? ?

@Johnny5 I was once seeking, yes.

And I was dying over and over again, too.

What I never had the desire to do though...Is to kill anything or anyone. If anything... 'it' wanted to kill me.

...Which of course turned out to be a misunderstanding. Shall I say; delusion. - No matter how real and convincing it seemed at the time.

Wanting to 'kill it' is simply an inability to fully face it and let it be as it is, as long as it wishes to be. - In that light it then dissolves, sooner or later.

@Shiva99 your ego? You own a something called your ego?  So there is you on one hand and "your" ego on the other hand?   ??

Well find where does your ego exist in the body.. In what organ is it located  And cut that organ off. (carefull if you are a male :P?lol). 

But you have to realize you are the ego. So what you are saying you want to kill yourself...

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

What do you do after these 2 mins? Maybe you drink coffee or something and it makes your chemicals go crazy because of it

@Johnny5 True.

What the OP might not be realizing though...is that he's not the one who's doing the 'killing'. Thought I'd point that out.