Winny

I keep on thinking I'm the Brain

200 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Nothing has any meaning except how much money you have in your bank account!   Meaning is relative and conceptual.   Objects don't have "meaning". Words do or do not. The meaning of a word is an object.  If a word has no representation it's meaningless. The word cghddtfhiv is meaningless because it has no representation. Same goes with "nothing" and "formlessness". Anything you think is it is not it by defention. Bdc it isn't any specific "it". Is is a no it!! 

if that’s like that for you, then its a really sad meaning because as you already say the meaninglessness finding meaning in this or that is indeed either meaningless or meaningful. if you want to inherently define yourself as the money or non money on your bank account it’s even sadder than to define yourself as a brain. which does not mean that money can’t have meaning. and maybe even if you cannot find meaning anymore it does not mean it does not still exist in a language beyond words.

Edited by remember
wordsalad

1 minute ago, remember said:

if that’s like that for you, then its a really sad meaning because as you already say the meaninglessness finding meaning in this or that is indeed either meaningless or meaningful. if you want to inherently define yourself as the money or non money on your bank account it’s even sadder than to define yourself as a brain.

LOL 

I was just being sarcastic to give you a little hint of what I mean.  Yes from absolute perspective nothing means anything. What does "meaning" even mean?? Lol. It's a conceptual fantasy. I get that.  Yet from the relative perspective we as humans in this society agreed to give different meanings for different things to be able to function and survive.  We give money so much meaning and importance than a piece of dirt for example. But really what does a dollar mean??  It's literally just a piece of paper with no inherent value to it.  We choose to agree to give it a value. And outside of our relative values it has no meaning whatsoever. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

. I'm just saying that has nothing to do with the absolute truth. The absolute truth will be the same in any universe

read it. Hope you can get understand it brother. This is the truth

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@Someone here you sound disillusioned and sad. maybe you are not. sarcasm usually points towards huge shadow aspects - bitterness is a taste which is def one of the more difficult tastes even in the heart range!

It's sad when a topic made by someone who genuinely wants to understand something gets derailed like this :(

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

53 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@remember @remember now what are you talking about lol?? 

if you try to make a dollar note responsible for inequality - you have really understood not any thing nor have you understood nothing nor do you really understand yourself. it is sad to point at that, but actually try to see what’s going on, if you do it’s not that easy anymore. having money usually makes people biased, having none, too. be careful with the traps you build and stumble in yourself, the relationship to money can tell a lot about a person. all i did was reading your cards. you were the one starting to compare yourself to a bank account.

Edited by remember

@remember I really have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry if any misunderstanding happened. But I think it's from your side. The bank account example was just a cute little example to show you how money is just a meaningless piece of paper yet relatively it's the most important thing in the world (for most people). 

-Osho

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

@remember I really have no idea what you are talking about. Sorry if any misunderstanding happened. But I think it's from your side. The bank account example was just a cute little example to show you how money is just a meaningless piece of paper yet relatively it's the most important thing in the world (for most people). 

i doubt you understand that.

9 minutes ago, remember said:

i doubt you understand that.

9 minutes ago, remember said:

OK. 

-Osho

18 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Have you seen this video and talks a lot about what we were discussing... a great film ❤

Ok, I'll try to watch the video this week and maybe come back with new insight. Thanks :)

17 hours ago, Someone here said:

Dude.. Show me a shred of evidence of these others dimensional stuff and then we can talk.  I'm not close minded that there might be an infinite number of universes. I'm just saying that has nothing to do with the absolute truth. The absolute truth will be the same in any universe.

Lol I can't provide any evidence since you need to figure out what spacetime is for yourself and why you perceive this world from a limited 3d perspective. What you're doing now is taking things for granted like this is some undeniable truth, but the truth is that reality is always changing. It is not science fiction and fantasy but fact: the future is already ahead of you and there are really advanced people or aliens minding their own businesses, just that sometimes these realities intertwine which lead to insight or inspiration - which has nothing to do with being a genius in a bottle btw.

17 hours ago, Someone here said:

But seems like you don't care about that and all you care about is manipulating reality using magical power.

You're using the word "magic" when for me it is just a different reality/perspective that is already embedded in the infinite "consciousness" fabric. Does it look like magic to you when you're interacting with people from different parts of the world via wireless connection? ?

Edited by Member

Ok, these last days I kept on doing the self inquiry about who I really am and I keep on coming back to the brain. The one who generates the thought, the one who processes the information, the one who's aware of everything. I can not pin point directly which part of the brain I am, but I consider all of it to work together and makes up who I am because if for instance, let's say the amygdala is taken away, then some emotions will also be gone, but I will still be there. If someone shoots me in the brain then Im gone. 

I know that Leo says that the brain doesn't exist, but yet there's a pink thing inside of our skull and there are neurons in there, people also see it in various of scans...so yep, I'm confused again. Perhaps someone can help me out. 

39 minutes ago, Winny said:

Ok, these last days I kept on doing the self inquiry about who I really am and I keep on coming back to the brain. The one who generates the thought, the one who processes the information, the one who's aware of everything. I can not pin point directly which part of the brain I am, but I consider all of it to work together and makes up who I am because if for instance, let's say the amygdala is taken away, then some emotions will also be gone, but I will still be there. If someone shoots me in the brain then Im gone.

Dude! Cut the shit.

There is no brain in your direct experience. You've never seen your brain. Notice that.

This work is 100% about sticking to what is present in your direct experience. If it's not in your direct experience it does not exist. That means the back of your head does not exist.

You need to be ruthless here about noticing what is actually present in direct experience vs whatever your mind is imagining.

You are imagining your brain right now. Notice this. This is not a theory. This is literally what is happening in your experience. Take your finger and point at the brain and notice if the pointer is pointing to nothing.

It doesn't matter what your mind is saying, you must look strictly at what exists in direct experience. The mind is constantly imagining all sorts of fantasies. You must not fall prey to them.

Is your mother in the room with you right now? No? Then she does not exist. That's what is literally true. The rest is fantasy.

The whole trick here is to not believe your own lying mind. Your own mind is constantly lying to you because it is constructing reality. You have to catch the mind in the act of construction, and stop it. Otherwise you will forever be living in a self-constructed fantasy while thinking you are looking at reality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Dude! Cut the shit.

There is no brain in your direct experience. You've never seen your brain. Notice that.

This work is 100% about sticking to what is present in your direct experience. If it's not in your direct experience it does not exist. That means the back of your head does not exist.

You need to be ruthless here about noticing what is actually present in direct experience vs whatever your mind is imagining.

You are imagining brain right now. Notice this. This is not a theory. This is literally what is happening in your experience. Take your finger and point at the brain and notice if the pointer is pointing to nothing.

Wow, thank you for being so patient with me Leo. I can imagine how frustrating it can be when someone like me keeps on saying that he's the brain :D

Ok, ok...I'll keep on working harder at self inquiry then. 

What about psychology? I like to read psychology stuff and there they talk a lot about the brain and the different functions, what am I supposed to think then? "Hey, the brain doesn't exist?"

Thank you again for being so patient with me and still responding to all of the messages. 

9 minutes ago, Winny said:

Wow, thank you for being so patient with me Leo.

No worries. I enjoy it.

What about psychology? I like to read psychology stuff and there they talk a lot about the brain and the different functions, what am I supposed to think then? "Hey, the brain doesn't exist?"

You are supposed to think: "Is that psychologist in the room with me? No? Then he's imaginary! And so is his bullshit scientific explanation."

You are going to have to seriously question the foundations of science here. Science is not true as you were led to believe. Science contains some partial and relative truths, but it cannot grasp Absolute Truth, Consciousness, or existential questions. Science cannot ever tell you what you are. This is a meta-scientific question. Science cannot tell you what anything is in the absolute sense. Science can only make relative comparisons between things. Science cannot ever get at the thing itself.

For example, science cannot tell you what red is, or what a chair is, or what matter is, or what energy is, or what time is, or what a number is. Etc.

Notice that science has never given you a bottom line answer about what ANYTHING is! Start to wonder why that is.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

You are supposed to think: "Is that psychologist in the room with me? No? Then he's imaginary! And so is his bullshit scientific explanation."

Ok, so, everything that I do is just based on RIGHT FREAKING NOW ONLY. It doesn't matter what I think or do and ponder, what is most relevant is just RIGHT NOW because that's what all there is. Correct?

What if I'm reading a book RIGHT NOW on optimizing your sleep to improve the brain and what it does to it. But, whatever the effects on the brain it has (according the book) I just dismiss that because there's no brain? so then I just sleep 1 hour a day (just an example). 

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The whole trick here is to not believe your own lying mind. Your own mind is constantly lying to you because it is constructing reality. You have to catch the mind in the act of construction, and stop it. Otherwise you will forever be living in a self-constructed fantasy while thinking you are looking at reality.

Magic trick. 

God denies it's God so it can catch surfing wave called life. See I love you @cetus despite points. 

Imagine all the world. 

I do indeed lied myself. That's what I do for life lol. Crazy Infinite Being I really am. 

9 minutes ago, Winny said:

Ok, so, everything that I do is just based on RIGHT FREAKING NOW ONLY. It doesn't matter what I think or do and ponder, what is most relevant is just RIGHT NOW because that's what all there is. Correct?

Well... don't ask me. Look at what is true.

Is it true that RIGHT FREAKING NOW is all there is?

Don't believe it. This is not some kind of dogma you take on.

Fundamentally this work is about seeking TRUTH. What is true?

Is it true that your brain is imaginary? Is it true that a scientific theory is imaginary? Take a look.

Whatever is true is what is true. My opinion about it is irrelevant.

What if I'm reading a book RIGHT NOW on optimizing your sleep to improve the brain and what it does to it. But, whatever the effects on the brain it has (according the book) I just dismiss that because there's no brain? so then I just sleep 1 hour a day (just an example).

You can optimize your sleep without needing to appeal to some metaphysical notion of a brain. In the same way that you can eat a banana without needing to bring to mind the atoms which you imagine it is made of.

Chimpanzees have been eating bananas for a million years without knowing anything about atoms. You can read about atoms, but don't confuse atoms for a banana. Atoms are imaginary. And just because atoms are imaginary does mean that you cannot now optimize how you eat bananas.

1 minute ago, Winny said:

You have a brain as long as you believe in it, no matter if it's only at the conceptual level. But ask yourself, if there is no conscious being around and only a brain lying on the ground, does that brain exist? There are just perceptions, thoughts and emotions that are combined into an image that looks like a brain. It has nothing to do with that meaty thing that process all these things.

There ain't no meaty thing at all. Like at all. 

This stuff is hilarious. Inversion land. 

You know what love mindfuck it's you. 

I am made up of paradoxes. Loopy. 

Nuts because I always talk with myself no wonder. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity