Winny

I keep on thinking I'm the Brain

200 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Winny said:

I had to convey it somehow to you with words :D or else I wouldn't be writing at all. That's why I say foot, touch and ground or else how will you understand me? 

There's no separation when I'm directly aware of that experience...

How can there be any separation when each of those things happen individually? When I touch the ground with my foot, I'm aware of the touch. When there's a thought then I'm aware of that thought. When my foot touches the ground, I don't say to myself "hey my foot is touching the ground" I am just simply aware of the touch, that's it. 

But again, going back to my accident, a nerve has been damaged, so therefore there exists something in us. If there was no brain or even nerves then how am I supposed to feel pain and numbness in my right foot right now?

how is the nerve in your foot your brain? how is cutting of the nerves from your body from the brain not your brain? how is cutting off the body from your nerves not your nervous system?

Edited by remember

1 hour ago, WHO IS said:

All this talk of creating/projecting reality out of you, yet you are still prisoners of your own projection.

You can't think outside the box when you're inside the "reality" box.

Youarehere.jpgsfs.jpg

Edited by Member

People still thinking inside a "human-way-of-thinking" box. Act, speak, think as humans do. Lets first of all stop being human, to at least get a fresh air of Consciousness which is not limited to the "human". 

Death is for humans, aging is for humans, sex, food, etc all of these things are part of "humans" but it doesn't have to be for you, because you are no the "human". 

52 minutes ago, Winny said:

I had to convey it somehow to you with words :D or else I wouldn't be writing at all. That's why I say foot, touch and ground or else how will you understand me? 

Right. Forums awesome, but text communication is obviously very limiting. :) 

There's no separation when I'm directly aware of that experience...

When are you not directly aware? Try ‘turning off the awareness’. See if anything happens. 

Now, how about feeling. 

How can there be any separation when each of those things happen individually? When I touch the ground with my foot, I'm aware of the touch. When there's a thought then I'm aware of that thought. When my foot touches the ground, I don't say to myself "hey my foot is touching the ground" I am just simply aware of the touch, that's it. 

You’re believing thoughts - about there being separation. “Touch” is a thought, which supports the concept you are separate and are touching a “thing”. 

“Thing” is a thought. 

But again, going back to my accident, a nerve has been damaged, so therefore there exists something in us.

To deconstruct the belief there is some “thing”, “in” “you” - find the separation between “them”. 

If there was no brain or even nerves then how am I supposed to feel pain and numbness in my right foot right now?

It’s not “in” “your” “foot”. Those are thoughts. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@WHO IS agreed, evolution always comes with fresh ideas and doesn't cling to the past. To get unstuck, we need to get rid of certain ideas that keeps humanity trapped in lower level of consciousness. And all these mad scientists talk about aliens from another dimension which makes no sense from a 3D perspective because we're fools believing this is all there is.

1 hour ago, remember said:

how is the nerve in your foot your brain? how is cutting of the nerves from your body from the brain not your brain? how is cutting off the body from your nerves not your nervous system?

What I meant is that...isn't everything connected?

32 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Try ‘turning off the awareness’. See if anything happens. 

How do I turn off awareness? I mean everything is happening in the NOW anyway. There is only NOW, the present, so how do I then turn off awareness when all there is is NOW? 

38 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Now, how about feeling.

I can be aware of my feeling...is that what you mean? or what precisely is meant by that? 

40 minutes ago, Nahm said:

You’re believing thoughts - about there being separation. “Touch” is a thought, which supports the concept you are separate and are touching a “thing”. 

“Thing” is a thought. 

What you are implying here is that everything is just ONE. Correct?

40 minutes ago, Nahm said:

To deconstruct the belief there is some “thing”, “in” “you” - find the separation between “them”. 

What? :D sorry, I don't understand that.

41 minutes ago, Nahm said:

It’s not “in” “your” “foot”. Those are thoughts. 

I'm aware of the pain in the foot. The pain is there...I can not lie to myself and say that there is no pain when there is. Right now, while I'm writing this to you, there's a tingling feeling in the foot. I'm aware of that...it's not merely thought, it's happening RIGHT NOW. 

@Winny Right now, there are impulses of foot pain arising and there are impulses of bird chirps arising. What needs to happen for the foot pain impulses to be “mine” and the bird chirp impulses to be “not mine”?

44 minutes ago, Winny said:

What I meant is that...isn't everything connected?

yes. hardwired, softwired, wireless, lified... you can see it glow when you discover where its all connected.

27 minutes ago, Winny said:

How do I turn off awareness? I mean everything is happening in the NOW anyway. There is only NOW, the present, so how do I then turn off awareness when all there is is NOW? 

That’s the point of the inquiry. To realize awareness is not dual, it is ever present and infinite. There’s no on & off to it. 

I can be aware of my feeling...is that what you mean? or what precisely is meant by that? 

Yes. You can ‘look for separations’, and realizations might occur. 

What you are implying here is that everything is just ONE. Correct?

Look at see. 

What? :D sorry, I don't understand that.

Is there a “thing”...and a “you”? 

How are “they” separate? 

I'm aware of the pain in the foot. The pain is there...I can not lie to myself and say that there is no pain when there is. Right now, while I'm writing this to you, there's a tingling feeling in the foot. I'm aware of that...it's not merely thought, it's happening RIGHT NOW. 

Right. Notice you are directly aware of the thoughts...and you are directly aware of the sensation. You “mix” them to arrive at the concept of identity, creating the experience there is a you and a pain and a foot and a there and an I which could lie to a myself. 

As feeling, awareness...”feel into” the sensation “in the foot”, investigate it via feeling. See exactly, precisely, acutely, what the pain is, as literally as possible. 

Look at see

again, what do you mean by that?

Is there a “thing”...and a “you”? 

How are “they” separate? 

well, I guess the only separation there is is that I still think that there's a sense of identiy, but when in reality everything is one and I can only come to that realization when I become aware of the awareness correct?

45 minutes ago, Nahm said:

investigate it via feeling

when you talk about feeling, you are talking about the feeling of pain right?

42 minutes ago, Winny said:

again, what do you mean by that?

Investigate. 

well, I guess the only separation there is is that I still think that there's a sense of identiy, but when in reality everything is one and I can only come to that realization when I become aware of the awareness correct?

Up to you. Imo, those are thoughts arising, but there isn’t any actual thing they’re about. Like the thought “brain”. 

when you talk about feeling, you are talking about the feeling of pain right?

No. Just feeling. Like how you might use an eye to look into a microscope, through but with and through feeling. 

6 hours ago, Winny said:

But if someone cuts my skull open there will be a brain, right? How am "I" able to think if there was no brain? I have also had a minor accident at the gym and nearly every single I experience pain, if I didn't have a brain, how am I able to process pain? How are we able to learn things if there was no brain? Sorry for so many questions, but that statement "there is no brain at all" is a total mind fuck. Obviously, I'm not going to cut my skull open to see if I really have a brain cause I'll probably be dead (the lowercase self) :D but we saw surgeons cutting skulls open of a human being and he/she in fact has a brain. 

What are you suggesting what is in our skull if not a brain? 

I really hope that I don't come across as hostile and trying to prove you wrong, that's not what I'm doing at all...I'm really interested in this and have watched many many of your videos and have also started meditating 25 minutes every single morning for the last week. Actually been meditating since 3-4 years, but haven't taken it seriously to the enlightenment level like recently. Also, been doing self inquiry as well. But again, your statement that we don't have a brain is a real mind fuck and sounds hmm...I mean, it has been proven that we have brains... we have blood that is running in our body, right? or is that also not real? Be honest with me Leo, if someone dissected your skull right now, there would be a brain right? Let's just say we really don't have a brain, then how are we able to process things and gain knowledge and all of that? 

See my video: Why Brains Do Not Exist

If you cut open the skull you will see some pink stuff in there. Which is color, not really a brain. Your "brain" is made out of color. So what is color? Do not make the naive mistake of thinking that color is something which happens in the brain. NO! Brain happens in color.

Your notion of "brain" is highly metaphysically loaded. By that term you don't just mean color, you use it as an anchor for your entire reality. This anchor needs to be deconstructed to see that it is nothing more than some color, not different than the colors your floor is made of.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

See my video: Why Brains Do Not Exist

If you cut open the skull you will see some pink stuff in there. Which is color, not really a brain. Your "brain" is made out of color. So what is color? Do not make the naive mistake of thinking that color is something which happens in the brain. NO! Brain happens in color.

Your notion of "brain" is highly metaphysically loaded. By that term you don't just mean color, you use it as an anchor for your entire reality. This anchor needs to be deconstructed to see that it is nothing more than some color, not different than the colors your floor is made of.

What does this knowledge mean to the individual? What is the benefit of knowing this?                      Thank You.

@WHO IS What is the benefit of knowing anything?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

@WHO IS What is the benefit of knowing anything?

Exactly. What is the benefit of our existence or existence of anything? What is the benefit of existence itself? Now HERE is some real questions.

@WHO IS where is the thoughts? Can you see them? How can you know that even knowing is possible or language? Thats the reason why you realize these are all illusions and you are just being. You cant add anything.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

44 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

What does this knowledge mean to the individual? What is the benefit of knowing this?                      Thank You.

Well, it grants immortality. But I guess that's not useful enough for ya ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, James123 said:

@WHO IS where is the thoughts? Can you see them? How can you know that even knowing is possible or language? Thats the reason why you realize these are all illusions and you are just being. You cant add anything.

Than what is stopping anyone to end this illusion right away? Why cant I as an adult decide to jump from a very tall bridge into the ocean ? Hmm.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, it grants immortality. But I guess that's not useful enough for ya ;)

I didnt say that Immortality is not good enough for me ;), however this immortality does not mean for the human-ego Leo or human ego me for sure. 

Now what is alive cannot become dead, likewise as something that is dead cannot become alive. 

Therefore, it means that if we realize that we are immortal it means we ALWAYS were and will be. 

The only way for us to be immortal if we were from the get go.

Edited by WHO IS