Chumbimba

How to open my mind/Leos Brainwashing

40 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura It's my fault. I started watching your content my second semester of college. Naive and dint know what I was getting myself into or how it all works. I admired your teaching style deeply (still do). I just went too deep and did not take any practical action steps in the realm of spirituality. I thought I knew everything you were saying but I bullshitted myself. I will stop watching your content for a while and do massive action on the things I want. I need to go back to the fundamentals. I have a habit of getting ahead of myself then not accomplishing anything of lasting value and I did that here. I appreciate your response and empathizing with me. It means a lot :) 

@Kalki Avatar Your responses are greatly appreciated :) I am aware I put him on a pedestal. Didn't have my dad in my life like I wish to, so I sometimes project that type of authority figure onto other people. Pathetic I know.. but I am working on it :) 

@Chumbimba No worries. It's all part of the process. You learn by screwing up.

You haven't really lost anything. You just got ahead of your skiis.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've been down this road before where I looked up to one guru and was eventually left disappointed by them as I progressed and saw that my path was going to be different from the one they took. I've gotten out of this trap and it feels great. What helped me? Loving and trusting myself! I'm the driver:D Adopt an attitude where you put first that sense of self trust that YOU know what's right for yourself and growing into your greatest potential. Do you trust yourself? 

36 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

I've been down this road before where I looked up to one guru and was eventually left disappointed by them as I progressed and saw that my path was going to be different from the one they took. I've gotten out of this trap and it feels great. What helped me? Loving and trusting myself! I'm the driver:D Adopt an attitude where you put first that sense of self trust that YOU know what's right for yourself and growing into your greatest potential. Do you trust yourself? 

:x Sometimes we get a sense of security from following and sticking with one teacher. It helps to understand that there's fear as the basis behind that loyalty, and realize that more self love is the medicine. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

16 hours ago, Chumbimba said:

I really dont care about enlightenment anymore

You seems fucked up in your Life?

What do you mean By Enlightenment? 

All of your life you have been told that God created you. God come now to tell you this:  You are creating God❤️

@Lyubov The true answer is no. I dont trust myself. I have made so many mistakes in my life I dont want to keep fucking up and hurting myself. So I proceed through life very cautiously and timidly.

6 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

@Lyubov The true answer is no. I dont trust myself. I have made so many mistakes in my life I dont want to keep fucking up and hurting myself. So I proceed through life very cautiously and timidly.

I´m surprised to heart that. Most people feel sorry for having been too much cautious and with fear. Not the opposite.

You sure your problem has been fearlessness?

@Chumbimba Look at the people situation, who is worst than you. People suffer with hunger, poverty, disease, sickness, rape, get killed vs. you should appreciate what you have in the first place. Appreciate everything what you have, surrender your problems. Instead holding give up. You will be way more productive for  yourself and others. There is nothing inside of the body, believe me. Thats why you have nothing to lose. Be happy brother. Love what you have. Suffering comes from ego, and joy, appreciation and love comes from god. You choose.

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@Chumbimba nothing is inside of the body. whatever happen it will happen,  fate is inevitable. But you can love your fate.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

I also used Leo to brainwash myself at some point. Funny how it works! 

I guess it will keep happening for some time. It's fine tho:) 

Trust yourself dude! And don't also I guess(arrogance is no bueno) 

Sailing on the ceiling 

49 minutes ago, Chumbimba said:

fear is the problem and over thinking and my self-deceptions 

Plug 5-MeO-DMT in your Ass!

All of your life you have been told that God created you. God come now to tell you this:  You are creating God❤️

20 hours ago, Chumbimba said:

Like when he ranted against the pick up community, I am afraid to go out there and talk to girls because I know my life will be hollow on the other side of that. 

Man, either wake up to the emptiness you are right now, or go live some orange, earn some money, do some pickup, fulfill some desires, develop some skills until you’re ready to wake up to the emptiness you are right now. But this middle thing of being lost in drives, ideas, and beliefs, and some of those drives, ideas and beliefs are shaming the other drives, ideas and beliefs, is the dumbest delusion. Trust me i’m awake and even i’m probably gonna do some pickup again eventually. lol. it’s just a dream inside empty awareness, you can decide to do what you want. eventually you’ll realize there was no one even deciding in the first place. just go for it!

20 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Chumbimba tbf in his rant against PU he literally said at the end just do it in a more conscious way, and don’t be a dick about it. 

damn you’re handsome af brah

Edited by Display_Name

19 hours ago, Chumbimba said:

I have posted two other topics and I want to add one more. I have been watching actualized.org for almost three years. As you can see all my questions have to relate to my mind and its function. The thing is I only watch Leo's videos and only listening to Leos perspective on things and not having one of my own. This actually has made me blame, resent and project onto Leo when things dont go well in my life. I feel like I have been brainwashed by his teachings to the point where I dont do certain things in my life because they wouldn't please him or they would ruin my life. I have a hard time listening to other perspectives because I have only listened to him for so long.

Like when he ranted against the pick up community, I am afraid to go out there and talk to girls because I know my life will be hollow on the other side of that. 

I also have problems researching

I can relate so much to this.

I cherrypicked spiritual truths from actualized.org videos, than formed an ideology around that. So I stopped watch actualized.org videos and started watch Teal Swan and got in the work of Peter Ralston. It worked like a "deprogramming".

Leos interviews with Peter Ralston is a great introduction to his spiritual teaching which really amazing. He is very careful about how he expresses himself so that dogma of his teachings will not be created.

2 hours ago, Chumbimba said:

I have made so many mistakes in my life I dont want to keep fucking up and hurting myself.

Even though you might see mistakes in your past, don't beat yourself because of it. Rest assured that everything that has ever happened to you happened for a reason. There are no mistakes in a way, you will understand this looking backwards. Learn from them/don't repeat them, and move forward. If life seems hard at the moment, it means you will experience the awesome contrast later.

3 hours ago, Chumbimba said:

:) I've done this as well... and so has everyone else. It's part of being human. We make mistakes, hurt others, hurt ourselves, and end up in a knot where we just don't know where to go and feel stuck and afraid to move. Do you have a daily practice or something to start rebuilding this relationship with yourself? Self love and forgiveness goes a REALLY long way in healing this. There are plenty of techniques you can work with. 

Edited by Lyubov

15 hours ago, Chumbimba said:

@Javfly33 fear is the problem 

@Chumbimba

Just choose love over fear.

and over thinking

Just choose feeling over thought.

and my self-deceptions 

That gets solved choosing feeling over thought. Feeling can´t lie. At the other hand thought (over thinking) is most of the time self-deception itself.

----

Try to be consciouss in your daily life what are the dynamics of attention between this two. (Love vs Fear / Feeling vs Thought)

Are you listening to your feelings 10% and 90% to your thoughts? Maybe you can start giving your feelings 30% and thoughts 70%. Try giving 20% less priority to the monkey mind/opinion, and that 20% more to the inner feeling about how a situation feels to you, independently of thought.

@Chumbimba in my life I've found it very very difficult to do things any way other than my own way. In nearly every aspect of my own life, the point where I reached success was when I said "fuck other people's ways of doing things" and made my own way. 

It just feels like that typical moment of when your friend is egging you on saying "go talk to that girl man I see you looking at her" but if you yourself know that your not in the right headspace for it, then your gonna fuck yourself if you do what your friend says. Literally fuck every other rule in existence, fuck everything else entirely. Do it the way you know will work.

That's what I think