IJB063

Nootropics Recommendations

42 posts in this topic

I’ve taken an interest in nootropics recently 

Considering buying some provigil 

If anyone has any recommendations for specific brands, places to buy or different nootropics to try, it would be appreciated 

Thanks

Coffee is the best ever. 

~ Coffee Lover.  

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India

I dose myself with enough coffee every morning that could kill a horse

I wanna step up my game a little

Edited by IJB063

• Qualia Mind
  • CBD oil
  • Modafinil

Maybe microdosing some psychedelics.

Better nootropic than coffee: no coffee. xD 

Edited by Arzola

Nothing comes close to modafinil. It is magic.

Just don't over do it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura hi leo I have been cleaning up my diet for like 5 months now .. is this a good time to start nootroopics ?

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just don't over do it.

How do you define overdoing it?  There are people like Dave Asprey who take it everyday, and say they don't get side effects.

also should you take caffeine while on it?

3 hours ago, Elton said:

@Leo Gura hi leo I have been cleaning up my diet for like 5 months now .. is this a good time to start nootroopics ?

Sure

Although do you even need them?

13 minutes ago, herghly said:

How do you define overdoing it?  There are people like Dave Asprey who take it everyday, and say they don't get side effects.

also should you take caffeine while on it?

It all varies by person.

EXPERIMENT! The only way to learn is through experimentation.

For me, even 1/4th of a pill is too stimulating.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sure

Although do you even need them?

It all varies by person.

EXPERIMENT! The only way to learn is through experimentation.

For me, even 1/4th of a pill is too stimulating.

A quarter pill sets me on fire lol, seems its getting stronger nowadays the more I do it, ill be creative like crazy (making music) from 9am to 9pm... maybe I should cut down on it... maybe take half of a quarter lol... Feels like Im on some amphetamine or something... I take like once every 2 weeks when I need a boost.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How does modafinil compare to caffeine? If I take enough caffeine to have a lot of energy, I get too anxious. Is the ratio of an energy boost to a rise in anxiety better with modafinil?

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Arzola

Thanks for the recommendations

I already take CBD oil occasionally 

12 hours ago, Arzola said:

Maybe microdosing some psychedelics.

I struggle to get psychedelics, so when I do I don’t really want to waste them by taking them in such small dosages 

Im gonna stick with coffee, it’s more helpful than it isn’t and I’ve got worse vices that should be done away with before caffeine 

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just don't over do it.

@Leo Gura

I’ll keep that in mind 

I do have a tendency to overdo stuff

Thanks for the advice

6 hours ago, Enlightenment said:

How does modafinil compare to caffeine? If I take enough caffeine to have a lot of energy, I get too anxious. Is the ratio of an energy boost to a rise in anxiety better with modafinil?

Modafinil isn’t addictive. In low dosages, it doesn’t cause anxiety, at least personally.

I think it’s better than caffeine for productivity. With caffeine I tend to get too much into my head: more neurotic and anxious, focusing on insignificant details.

With modafinil you “get out” of yourself, as if acting in a more extroverted way. Higher confidence, stress resilience, and reduced procrastination are also benefits. It also increases your focus so much; I suspect most people nowadays don’t know what real focus is until they either meditate a lot or try modafinil. Take into account that I have ADD. ;) 

Edited by Arzola

Lion's Mane mushroom. Get fruit body extracts (ex: RealMushrooms), not mycelium extracts (ex: Host Defense)

16 hours ago, Arzola said:
  • Better nootropic than coffee: no coffee. xD 

Absolutely agree. For years I was in denial about how much anxiety and general body discomfort my 3 or 4+ cups of coffee a day addiction was causing me. I gradually replaced coffee with a variety of other hot drinks near the end of last year and it was a huge upgrade to my quality of life. Coffee does seem to have some health benefits (at least according to some studies anyway), but I've come to think that those benefits are greatly exaggerated by people to justify their desire to keep drinking it.

@eggopm3 Yep, same to me: 3-4 cups of strong “European” espresso. Quitting that addiction has helped me sleep better and be calmer throughout the day.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

7 hours ago, coca said:

@Leo Gura what about microdosing lsd 

Pretty sure I read that Leo finds it hard to study etc on a microdose. Forget the reason why. I can relate though as my mind is much more focused on the immediate presence of things rather than tasks I'm suppose to be doing. Even on small doses. Maybe I'm just really sensitive though. 

Modafinil has actually allowed me to have more productivity than mircrodosing lsd. There is a note able difference. 

Modafinil has sometimes effected me in a way where I feel like it has put me in states where I found it slightly hard to stay still; and wanted to keep tapping my foot, or be busy with something. Almost like ADHD but without the AD. 

Alternatively, I've also created states whilst on modafinil where I've been 100% focused, relaxed, and open.

So its a strange one. 

10 hours ago, IJB063 said:

@Arzola

I already take CBD oil occasionally 

Any benefits with this? I've been taking it in pill form and all I notice is more emotional control / calmness. And a very subtle relaxing and anti-anxiety effect. 

@Brenzo2

12 minutes ago, Brenzo2 said:

Any benefits with this? I've been taking it in pill form and all I notice is more emotional control / calmness. And a very subtle relaxing and anti-anxiety effect. 

You just listed a few benefits there

I to an more relaxed and in tune when I take them

Also I find I get better sleep 

These are the ones I bought anyways 

https://www.quintessentialtips.com/products/cbd-brothers-purple-edition-cannabis-hybrid-whole-plant-extract-capsules-various-strengths

Modafinil is amazing. Go to buymoda.org

Also, check out 5-HTP, it will put you in a slightly better mood and blunt your appetite (which can be helpful for avoiding unhealthy foods). Also helpful for sleep. 

Armomodafinil can be nice for creativity. Same website as above. 

Herbal teas, as well as marijuana, will make your thoughts more spacey. They can be extremely useful for creative pursuits.

Coffee and espresso makes your thoughts more linear (great for repetitive tasks) but it is shockingly easy to become dependent on them so I stay away.

L-theanine is amazing and can be great for relaxing the mind.

The professional stacks like AlphaBrain can be really effective for focus and reading/writing/articulating. 

Do not mess with amphetamines.

This is my personal experience. Hope this helps.