Surfingthewave

Concerns for Leo

286 posts in this topic

There is nothing to worry about. Leo has announced his fears. It's the fears that he is currently working on. Next time there will be a new set of fears dealing with the deeper issues. It sounds crazy to some, probably most people even. He's heading toward where his aim has been for years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I watched 18 minutes of it.

Leo insists that "the mind"/"understanding" matters because it's the PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE.

He doesn't have to face his fears which have to do with actually TRUSTING others.

His argument about gurus is a complete strawman.  

His argument about "how you know when you've reached the end" is another.

You don't need to stay with one guru forever and you don't need a psychedelic to know "when" because you know "when" when restlessness has ceased.

He just doesn't get it because he's not in an embodied state.

It's all just concepts for him to bat around, to dismiss at will.

You can't understand it until you embody it - permanently, not as an experience.

This is all a big drama about Leo being afraid of trusting others.

Well, sorry, you can have all the cool psychedelic experiences you want, but they don't mean shit until you muster up the courage to deal with your basic fears.

Does he cover it later in the video? I don't have the patience.  If someone would provide a timestamp where he discussed his fears, I'd love to see that part, but the first 18 minutes weren't promising.

Edited by Haumea2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nak Khid said:

listen from 1:50:00

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

I watched 18 minutes of it.

Leo insists that "the mind"/"understanding" matters because it's the PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE.

He doesn't have to face his fears which have to do with actually TRUSTING others.

His argument about gurus is a complete strawman.  

His argument about "how you know when you've reached the end" is another.

You don't need to stay with one guru forever and you don't need a psychedelic to know "when" because you know "when" when restlessness has ceased.

He just doesn't get it because he's not in an embodied state.

It's all just concepts for him to bat around, to dismiss at will.

You can't understand it until you embody it - permanently, not as an experience.

This is all a big drama about Leo being afraid of trusting others.

Well, sorry, you can have all the cool psychedelic experiences you want, but they don't mean shit until you muster up the courage to deal with your basic fears.

Does he cover it later in the video? I don't have the patience.  If someone would provide a timestamp where he discussed his fears, I'd love to see that part, but the first 18 minutes weren't promising.

Embodiment is one thing - a permanent non-dual state is another.  That's what he is speaking of with mahasamadhi.   One will not be in a permanent non-dual state of Consciousnes in finite form no matter how much they embody it.  I'm not saying embodying God in finite form is not great, it is.  And you are God regardless.  But i think what he is chasing is a permanent state of Samadhi right now.  It's not necessary.  That's why he backed off.


"It's Just Consciousness.  It's just You.  It was always you!"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Embodiment is one thing - a permanent non-dual state is another.  That's what he is speaking of with mahasamadhi.   One will not be in a permanent non-dual state of Consciousnes in finite form no matter how much they embody it.  I'm not saying embodying God in finite form is not great, it is.  And you are God regardless.  But i think what he is chasing is a permanent state of Samadhi right now.  It's not necessary.  That's why he backed off.

He is chasing it because he does not want to deal with full awakening in a body because he doesn't want to face his fears, which is a prerequisite for it.

As I said, he is running away from himself.

You have to face all your demons.

In other words, he just refuses to get real with himself, and it's heartbreaking, because he is a talented guy in many respects.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

He is chasing it because he does not want to deal with full awakening in a body because he doesn't want to face his fears, which is a prerequisite for it.

As I said, he is running away from himself.

You have to face all your demons.

In other words, he just refuses to get real with himself, and it's heartbreaking, because he is a talented guy in many respects.

 

He was contemplating ending his physical life, informing his family and spoke of being found dead in his bathtub.  He decided not to do it.  You are suggesting in deciding not to do it he was running from full awakening? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Embodiment is one thing - a permanent non-dual state is another.  That's what he is speaking of with mahasamadhi.   One will not be in a permanent non-dual state of Consciousnes in finite form no matter how much they embody it.  I'm not saying embodying God in finite form is not great, it is.  And you are God regardless.  But i think what he is chasing is a permanent state of Samadhi right now.  It's not necessary.  That's why he backed off.

The idea of embodiment is a fallacy. It means there is ‘someone left’ there to embody it. That is not total. That is not awake.

Formlessness = Form

The only limitations are the ones the human ego imagines.

Leo doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I demonstrated to him that he has no idea that mahasamadhi even exists, and that he will never know it.

You are always in a permanent state of non-duality. It is the perennial state. In fact it isn’t a state at all. There’s just layers of mud covering it. (self-imposed limitations).

 


https://youtu.be/Ts_WDlgNMoo

Die before you die ^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Formlessness = Form

The only limitations are the ones the human ego imagines.

It's definitely a more convenient view, but doesn't it add some unnatural "mechanical complexity" to nothingness? I mean in other word, shouldn't be God limited by what it is, and forced to live through all perspectives at once?

Are you reporting this from direct experience? If what you say is true, this has a serious implication. It could mean all the spirituality I am reading could be full of imaginary nonsense, or all humans I interact with daily could just pretend to have their own perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Meta-Man I know that, consciousness is all there is. I'm just wondering if I can trust reality to tell me what perspectives actually exist. You are a real human right? Only one way for me to know, but that would be lonely.

What if the act of understanding this itself kills the ego? Why are we even accepting the limits of what consciousness can do when we are talking about something that shouldn't even exist in the first place? I feel like spirituality is about raising questions until you kill yourself to find the truth.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, gswva said:

@Meta-Man I know that, consciousness is all there is. I'm just wondering if I can trust reality to tell me what perspectives actually exist. You are a real human right? Only one way for me to know, but that would be lonely.

What if the act of understanding this itself kills the ego? Why are we even accepting the limits of what consciousness can do when we are talking about something that shouldn't even exist in the first place? I feel like spirituality is about raising questions until you kill yourself to find the truth.

 

I’m not a human. I am Consciousness. You are Consciousness. We are One.

The One is alone, because there are no others.

Loneliness =/= Aloneness.

Loneliness only exists as long as the ego is present.


https://youtu.be/Ts_WDlgNMoo

Die before you die ^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

I’m not a human. I am Consciousness.

I mean, what are you experiencing right now not in a spiritual way? Are you typing on a device as a human the same way I do? Or is the "you" aware of all the universe at once?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an empty field of consciousness in which typing on a smartphone seems to be happening. 

This empty field of consciousness is not localized in this body. The human body is just a vehicle/instrument for sense perceptions and for exploring this dreamscape. 

There is only One being, experiencing all the different minds and bodies. 

Words can’t take you to that understanding. Enough questions.

 

 


https://youtu.be/Ts_WDlgNMoo

Die before you die ^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

The idea of embodiment is a fallacy. It means there is ‘someone left’ there to embody it. That is not total. That is not awake.

Formlessness = Form

 

 

I was humoring him on the embodiment :)   that's a choice after awakening.

Yes formless equals form.  But no you are not in a non-dual mystical state of consciousness now.   You would know that if you were ever in a state of samadhi.  


"It's Just Consciousness.  It's just You.  It was always you!"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

But no you are not in a non-dual mystical state of consciousness now.   

1. You don’t know that. 

2. Non-duality is not a state.

3. I’ll be leaving the forums now, because Leo told me my presence is not wanted here.


https://youtu.be/Ts_WDlgNMoo

Die before you die ^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

1. You don’t know that. 

2. Non-duality is not a state.

3. I’ll be leaving the forums now, because Leo told me my presence is not wanted here.

Well that sucks.  I kind of liked you :)

And well, i did actually hit a non-dual state while on the forum before, a year or so ago.   But i could barely type at the time as i was drifting between duality and non-duality / state of pure Being.  

So i guess it's possible.  But don't be that guy who just knows it in concept and then walks around saying he's in permanent non-duality.    If you have had serious awakenings than you won't mind talking about them right?  


"It's Just Consciousness.  It's just You.  It was always you!"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

 But don't be that guy who just knows it in concept and then walks around saying he's in permanent non-duality. 

I’m not that guy. You saw me wrestling with VeganAwake about that earlier.

I’m not saying I’m done washing it yet, I just don’t have alot of dirt on my window right now.

Good luck on your journey home brother. Take care 💋

Edited by Meta-Man

https://youtu.be/Ts_WDlgNMoo

Die before you die ^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Meta-Man said:

I’m not that guy. You saw me wrestling with VeganAwake about that earlier.

I’m not saying I’m done washing it yet, I just don’t have alot of dirt on my window right now.

Good luck on your journey home brother. Take care 💋

You as well brother.

 


"It's Just Consciousness.  It's just You.  It was always you!"

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

Enough questions.

I'm just getting started. I can chase myself all day everyday for eternity!

23 minutes ago, Meta-Man said:

I’ll be leaving the forums now, because Leo told me my presence is not wanted here.

Leo is only pretending to not like you out of love. (>_<)

Isn't this pretty much what duality is about? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.