LfcCharlie4

30 Day Wim Hof Method Challenge

133 posts in this topic

tenth day 3x wim hof breathing last two times holding the air over two mins after outbreath, cold shower aprox 30 sec., heat up phase + kapalbhati.

1/3 mission accomplished, yay ?

Edited by remember

Day 9 felt harder because i had a day of yesterday -  x 3 breathing 1 minute hot 3 mins cold 1 min hot 3 mins cold 1 min hot 3 mins cold. I feel like im getting massive brain freeze when i keep my head under the water too long, I noticed its easier to not move rather than dance around as it can stop the shivering. When i do the breathing exercises while taking the cold shower I have this strange familiar feeling - like its a state i've been in alot in the past even though i just started doing it. Could it be the present state i get into when i meditate? @remember I feel going hot cold is easier as your body temperature raises alot in that 1 minute and actually helps massively.

@andyjohnsonman mhh i usually don’t put cold water on the head yet... maybe i have to try. i can imagine that this is another big step. don’t know if this is necessary. in one of wims videos where he introduces cold shower he does not expose the head to the shower.

also the tshu tshu tshu outbreath can help while under the shower. noticed that after the day i tried the three different breaths, it was the third type.

eleventh and twelveth day - cold shower only, after yoga. managed to raise the time of exposure again - yes sometimes it’s almost hurting at some body parts which contract, a little like cramping or the feeling of brainfreeze but also at other body parts like the shoulder. aprox 45 secs. but i always try to imagine its good for the vessels they have to stay flexible - like sports for the muscles this is training for the vessels.

so andy, hot cold hot cold hot cold is a really good every day practice to train them. contract relax contract relax, like a muscle.

Edited by remember

Day 12 - x3 breathing, 8 minutes in the river. I stilled my mind to the point of completely letting go of the pain and actually felt warm. There were seconds that passed when I was so present I didn't know if i was dead or alive in the river it was complete bliss. I'm really getting into this now!

16 minutes ago, andyjohnsonman said:

Day 12 - x3 breathing, 8 minutes in the river. I stilled my mind to the point of completely letting go of the pain and actually felt warm. There were seconds that passed when I was so present I didn't know if i was dead or alive in the river it was complete bliss. I'm really getting into this now!

Wow, sounds amazing ^_^

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

I must be around day 12, not really counting. What I've noticed is that it does wake me up in the morning and gives a slight boost in energy, which is nice.

Also, the moments during the breath hold are quite pleasurable, and sometimes the mind stops. Other times, it goes off into thought, there's no way to predict.

The cold showers are quite easy here, I hardly struggle with them at all, but I'm sure that's because of the tropical climate. 

Anyway, will keep going.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

Hey guys, recently I've started doing this more intuitively between 35-50 breaths per round and doing 4 rounds, it feels EVEN better than before, and my breath holds have increased slightly. I'd highly recommend it! 

We are very lucky to have found and use such an amazing practice in our lives! 

Wim is a huge pioneer for the evolution of humanity as we evolve to a world much more aligned with truth and happiness :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Have to jump in on this, seen this practice on other forums. :)

Day 5

30 breaths for 3 rounds, breath hold for 1min, 1:15min, 1:30min.

5min cold shower

21min mindfullness meditation

“ In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. ”
― Shunryu Suzuki

My first session was on March 24. So, I skipped 2 days somewhere in between. Currently, I do 3x30 breathing + 2 mins cold shower, feeling good, grateful for this thread ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@andyjohnsonman that’s crazy shit! 

@Zanoni Yes WHM is getting the attention it deserves, the guy is an incredible embodiment of love! 

@dimitri I’m also very grateful for Wim and all trying to spread his work, he’s truly awesome. 

To everyone on here i recommend this podcast: 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I quit smoking with WHM a couple years ago.  I feel it's like a shortcut to a deep mediative state.  Got my retention times up to 4min28sec after aprox 6 months practice, but it was hard keeping the habit going after getting into a heavy powerlifting routine.  This thread inspire me to get back to it.  Thank you!

Hi peeps, I have a very stupid question but I can't find the answer anywhere: in the process of holding our breath, do we have to fully maintain the air in our body or can we slowly release the air (like when you hold your breath in a swimming pool? I hope someone can help me out with this. 

The results have been incredible so far (I've been doing it for over one week) but I'm afraid I might be doing the holding process wrong. 

Thanks guys and keep up the work!

@Bonny Saskia I believe it's a complete breath-hold, so no air? 

3 hours ago, Bonny Saskia said:

Hi peeps, I have a very stupid question but I can't find the answer anywhere: in the process of holding our breath, do we have to fully maintain the air in our body or can we slowly release the air (like when you hold your breath in a swimming pool? I hope someone can help me out with this. 

The results have been incredible so far (I've been doing it for over one week) but I'm afraid I might be doing the holding process wrong. 

Thanks guys and keep up the work!

Example:

A full breath in then completely release the air in your lungs and hold for 1min without the air in lungs, then take a deep breath and hold for 15sec with the air inside the lungs.

That is at least how i understood it. No slow release of air.

“ In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. ”
― Shunryu Suzuki

I just joined this forum. It turns out I'm already on day 8 of the WHM myself. I'm really loving it so far. Taking cold showers is a challenge, but I'm up for it. Today I actually did my first all cold shower from start to finish. The breathing exercises I find really beneficial before meditation.

Lots of good progress on this thread to keep me motivated to keep doing it.

@Consept It's conspiracy free, I'm sure you'll love it, I can't imagine life without cold showers and the breathing method now, as Wim says: 

Get high on your own supply. 

@Zanoni Yes! 

@Jai Yes, awesome for spiritual growth too, anything that naturally makes you healthier and happier I support!

32 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Consept It's conspiracy free, I'm sure you'll love it, I can't imagine life without cold showers and the breathing method now, as Wim says: 

Get high on your own supply. 

@Zanoni Yes! 

@Jai Yes, awesome for spiritual growth too, anything that naturally makes you healthier and happier I support!

???? That's up my street