LfcCharlie4

30 Day Wim Hof Method Challenge

133 posts in this topic

I just did it this morning. It felt like being whipped across the body for 30 seconds. The longest 30 seconds of my life but oh my I feel good now! 

one of the rules i learned is starting with the water on the most distant extremity from the heart - which would be right leg until knee then left leg until knee then right leg until hip, left until hip. right arm left arm and rest of body - that’s less stressful if you start on the method and don’t want to go full monty from the start.

@Tanz For sure man! 

@andyjohnsonman It's awesome isn't it! I think I've actually been overdoing the breathing and am just going to do 1 session of 4 rounds x 40 breaths going forward, but will do 2x cold showers because I think I'm a bit addicted to them:D

@remember Defo, ease yourself into cold exposure, no need to go climb mount Everest in shorts on Day 1, although I think Wim does that to create hype and attention around the method and to get people intrigued, and maybe he just does it for the fun of it!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

1 Week update. 

I recommend 1 session of 4 x 40 breaths on an empty stomach, followed by a cold shower to work best for me, doing it at night gave me too much energy! 

Still have a second cold shower at night though, won't be stopping that ;) 

Going through week 2 of Wim's course now so will update. Also, from the PDF going to try a 10 minute cold shower this week, now that will be fun. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I just tried it out today followed by a cold shower! makes me feel so amazing :P

Thanks for the recommendation !!

How long do you shower or are you doing it intuitively?

3x30 + 40 seconds cold:

80368a28-0001-0004-0000-000001478809_w1200_r1.77_fpx30.37_fpy52.96.jpg

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@max duewel I do around 1-2 songs worth, but I’ve been doing cold showers for 4 years since I found out they help acne and redness, now tbis is just added incentive! 

I’m going to try some 10 minute showers this week and hopefully an ice bath if I can make it work?? But I’d say start at 10 seconds at the end of your hot and work up to a 2-5 minute cold daily shower + mixed in some cold exposure challenges, as I go through the Wim Hof course I’ll update you guys :) 

Day 2 done. 4 rounds breathing 30 seconds cold shower. Was alot easier than first day I could have gone longer plus my skin didnt turn red and no uncontrollable shivering after.

first day 3x breathing cold shower extremities only - heat up phase wrapped in blanket.

almost better than coffee. love the crisp feel - especially in the wrapped up phase.

almost better than coffee.

Yes! But coffee is still good after the cold shower ^_^

Did 4x40 breaths today. In the second round I had already crampings like after 30 or more minutes of holotropic breathwork. Is this normal or am I breathing to forcefully? Took a cold shower then and started my daily 70 min meditation session. At first I had a lot of Energy, but after some time I fell practically asleep during my session. Normally this nether happens… kind of strange...

Edited by Gneh Onebar

"Know yourself as nothing; feel yourself as everything." -- Rupert Spira

@andyjohnsonman awesome man. 

@remember yes is amazing! 

@Gneh Onebar Strange, are you following the guided one on YT, that’ll give you an idea. That is strange, keep us updated. 

@Surfingthewave Lol, it wasn’t meant as a competition. Simply shared it to get more people involved, more of a co-operation?

@LfcCharlie4  Not today because that session consists of 3x30 breaths.

This video has been super helpful to me, he goes into some of the techniques Wim Hof used to do in the 90's. 

-3 Rounds 30 "conscious" breaths and an exhale and inhale hold

-Can manipulate your gut during the exhale hold and break up adhesions in your thoracic area during the inhale hold

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

6 hours ago, Gneh Onebar said:

At first I had a lot of Energy, but after some time I fell practically asleep during my session. Normally this nether happens… kind of strange...

no it’s not strange - try to go down with the breathing to three rounds - if you have cramps...maybe four are a little too much. (if you don’t take magnesium it could be helping to take magnesium supplementation)

energy down is normal, its like doing sports or sauna, it’s in a sense positive stress to the body so the body will ask for rest after a while - maybe do meditation in advance and have a 15min sleep in the afternoon.

talking of nadis... ida and pingala one is activating and the other is calming - sympathicus and parasympathicus.

Edited by remember

10 hours ago, remember said:

no it’s not strange - try to go down with the breathing to three rounds - if you have cramps...maybe four are a little too much. (if you don’t take magnesium it could be helping to take magnesium supplementation)

energy down is normal, its like doing sports or sauna, it’s in a sense positive stress to the body so the body will ask for rest after a while - maybe do meditation in advance and have a 15min sleep in the afternoon.

talking of nadis... ida and pingala one is activating and the other is calming - sympathicus and parasympathicus.

Thx, that's what I will try today.

2020-03-26-121755_935x639.png

Edited by dimitri