askdfjnak

Is Leo Manipulating Us?

178 posts in this topic

@Extreme Z7 yeah, ego game but talking this stuff is an act of freeing the mind which Leo wants to happen. This is very important to discuss, but you know what..as far as I know I have faith on Leo and we are on the right track, I'm very curious though..

@Friend

On 6/27/2016 at 2:42 AM, Friend said:

@Mal Blank pages with the title "You Don't Know Shit: Mal's guide to knowing nothing without the you. Vol. 1 lol

Laughter "arising"

:)

@Linas

7 hours ago, Linas said:

@Mal "leo" dont give a fuck about me, i just like to see emotional responses from "higher consisnes" people like you, by these stupid triggers. like take a candy from a kid.

Edited by Mal

8 hours ago, Linas said:

@Mal "leo" dont give a fuck about me, i just like to see emotional responses from "higher consisnes" people like you, by these stupid triggers. like take a candy from a kid.

What do you mean? 

12 hours ago, Linas said:

Lol wut?

"Consisnes"

Wot

Edited by Heart of Space

4 hours ago, Heart of Space said:

Lol wut?

"Consisnes"

Wot

English is @Linas' second language, doing a good job. Looks like he's still learning how to spell-check, though ;) 

@Mal @Linas @Natasha @Heart of Space 

Leo can't manipulate anyone, because there's no one to manipulate

;)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

This forum is mostly for you guys. I don't make much money off it. It mostly costs me money and time to manage it and host it.

If enough of you don't like it, or you turn it into a pit of unconsciousness, I have no qualms about shutting it down.

Use it as a resource for sharing useful ideas, not to gossip about shit while avoiding real-life self-actualization work.

This is a problem that every community faces. Especially one in which doing hard emotional labor is required to progress.

Why do you think religions exist?

Exactly for this reason: they are a way to gossip and avoid the real work. That's what collective unconsciousness does. It breeds.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This forum is mostly for you guys. I don't make much money off it. It mostly costs me money and time to manage it and host it.

If enough of you don't like it, or you turn it into a pit of unconsciousness, I have no qualms about shutting it down.

Use it as a resource for sharing useful ideas, not to gossip about shit while avoiding real-life self-actualization work.

This is a problem that every community faces. Especially one in which doing hard emotional labor is required to progress.

Why do you think religions exist?

Exactly for this reason: they are a way to gossip and avoid the real work. That's what collective unconsciousness does. It breeds.

Leo, thank you so much for the forum! I'm here because self-actualization is a growing passion of mine and I make sure not to participate in the collective unconsciousness. Leo, all your time and work into this forum is worth it and thank you so much for it!

@Leo Gura I challenge ye to a duel in Chivalry:Medieval Warfare the PC video game! 1 DUEL TO RULE THEM ALL!

Let us pit our minds together and see which one dominates the battlefield! ARRRR!

If we were your children? How would you feel about us?

And... please don't shut down the forums

Time to go meditate a little bit downstairs, hot as hell upstairs so had to come down here

On 6/22/2016 at 8:47 AM, Marc Schinkel said:

So, I believe in Actualized.org and the ethos here, but ...

After scrolling through the forum for hours on end, reading basically the same shit, I wanted to stop wasting my time and delete my account.

I could just stop coming back to the site, sure, but platforms like this are addictive and the easiest way to quit is to delete your account and be done with it, that's how I got off Facebook. Cold turkey is by far the easiest and most efficient way to get over something.

I started to think of this place purely as a business, outside of higher consciousness values.
I've got to say, having a binding (non-es capable) forum on your website is genius mass psychology manipulation.

Think about what we're doing here:

Talking about self actualisation

Breathing self actualisation 

Discussing self actualisation products

Following a bevevolent, omnipotent self actualising leader, who facilitates very specific discussions about self actualisation

and when we're all excited about self actualisation, guess what? There are great self actualisation products only one tab away!

Also think about what the forum gives Leo:

1. Massive traffic to his website, how many times do we come here each day?

2. New ideas to farm

3. Insight into problems we're having so he can specifically target them, either with free videos that drive traffic here to repeat steps 1-3, or with a new paid product that will probably be released soon.

Here's my question, I think it will make for a good discussion:

Do you think it's necessary to use business to spread higher consciousness values?

This forum is nothing but a police station full of Dirty Cops.

My words are annoying, but actions speak louder than words.

I didn't like your post the first time I read it, but once I started thinking about this place.

I realize that you have a lot of respect for innocent members like myself.

Leo obviously ain't the greatest community leader, nor did he have the right energy when creating this forum either.

I do think he was well-intentioned though.

Reminds me of Doctor Michael Moyer. A well-intentioned Doctor who messed up a lot of people's lifes with the way he prescribed them pills.

I made the same mistake in the past when it came to being well-intentioned with all of my old internet videos, but I messed up pretty badly the same way Leo is with this forum, and Moyer was with his practice.

Edited by Christopher Ferguson
I got warned for trolling. So change of opinion.

13599806_10208908559847539_1823353824453700146_n.jpg

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul

From everything that I've experienced and I've learned from this site and my hypnosis training the only ones that can manipulate us is our own selves.  We make the choice of whether or not we perceive something as good or bad.  We also make our own choices on whether or not to continue our habits or addictions.  We make all sorts of false beliefs in our mind that are not true that prevents us from change or bettering ourselves.  It's our subconscious mind that controls all of that. No one can really force us to do anything.  We perceive that someone is controlling us but we always have the choice to say no and walk away.

Now lets use some logic here... Leo is literally giving away a ton of free information in his videos that he posts every week on actualized.org.   I've seen and looked at a ton of self help stuff.   I've never seen anyone give as much free stuff away that Leo does.  You can see the passion in his eyes in his videos and how much he gives back.  And what made me absolutely sure of this was when I started watching his life purpose videos.  I haven't watched them all yet.  But there are a few of the videos at the very beginning of his life purpose course that were VERY touching.  You could literally see the tears in his eyes!!!  That cannot me faked or staged.  He has genuine concern for people and wants us to experience those same feelings as he has...a life purpose...to live with a vision and desire...and to shed all forms of ego and become enlightened.  And if you watch his intro video before you buy his course it's literally says there that he is literally condensed like 6 months of coaching and more into that life purpose course...to me that's like almost like giving it away for free!  I'm so grateful that he made the course because I wanted to be coached by him but I didn't have the finances at the time to do so.  And also going to another life coach to find those answers would have taken a lot more money and time.  I do not see a selfish man, but a kindhearted one that thinks and puts others well being before himself.  His videos were the sole purpose that lead me to investigate and pursue enlightenment and self actualization.

I'm not getting any "brownie points" for writing or saying this.  I've never met Leo nor do I know him personally, but I think my intuition, my inner gut is telling me that I'm in the right place. :)

Edited by Carrie
Grammar correction :)

@Carrie I agree, Leo is a real deal. He walks the walk, not just talks the talk. He inspires us to be independent thinkers and to do the same.

is leo manipulating us? Totally! But in a positive sense, and he's not doing this to earn dollars for that can be a great motivating factor, even for him, but more than that, he does it so that he can contribute to the world. 

leo is using behavioural design mentioned in the video for good. Listen to the end part carefully, the last 1 min part especially, hopefully you'll get what i'm trying to say

No he's not manipulating us. He is inspiring us. He has no control on us whatsoever, as you have no control over yourself.

He is extremely strategic on how to impact the world in the most significantly, and I think he's doing a great job.

It's a business because he needs to pay rent too. But he could earn 100x he does now if he wants too. He gives away a very great deal for free, because he knows that's the way to reach many more people.

At least that's my perception.

Edited by krazzer
typo

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

@krazzer EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!! Haters, neurotic people, and highly dogmatic people and critics can brand Leo as a "phony" or a charlatan or a liar but he will keep on going. Dogmatic people will be so stuck in their views, that Leo's advice does nothing for them. 

Edited by Zane

39 minutes ago, Linas said:

In every video basicly "Leo" is saying that im the truth, what im saying is truth, you all need to listen me and all other things is stupidity. In all his videos i notice this criticism, that he is saying this "stupidity" every time, with emotional attachment. It seems his meditation habit is worthless.

In the begining he says some basic fact wich we all agree, later he only comfirms these facts and adds some faith on himself that he is master of life, and we all need to blind believe him because if not we will waste decade of our live and we will be regret a lot. 

"So dont be stupid?" Such a strong argument. 

Such "strong" believes a can find in my neighborhood from drug user. "This day is great, dont be stupid, follow me or you will regret later" i hear this from them a lot.

A strong theme in Leo's videos is to be a freethinker and to consider his ideas but NOT blindly or dogmatically rejecting them. Leo is an extremely open-minded individual who is detaching himself from beliefs and is willing to consider the possibilities. You seem to be misunderstanding Leo as an arrogant academic elitist but Leo is a person who has high aspirations to pursue self-actualization and go farther. Leo isn't high and mighty and criticizing society just to criticize. He's studied society heavily and is realizing the flaws and limitations of mainstream society. Leo also clearly expresses his gratitude to live in the freest and greatest time in human history because of the creativity, innovation, and ease of accessing information. Leo is simply sharing his wisdom to us and if you disagree with it, that's fine and that's your choice. Leo is developing his wisdom to truly master it. 

1 hour ago, Linas said:

In every video basicly "Leo" is saying that im the truth, what im saying is truth, you all need to listen me and all other things is stupidity. In all his videos i notice this criticism, that he is saying this "stupidity" every time, with emotional attachment. It seems his meditation habit is worthless.

In the begining he says some basic fact wich we all agree, later he only comfirms these facts and adds some faith on himself that he is master of life, and we all need to blind believe him because if not we will waste decade of our live and we will be regret a lot. 

"So dont be stupid?" Such a strong argument. 

Such "strong" believes a can find in my neighborhood from drug user. "This day is great, dont be stupid, follow me or you will regret later" i hear this from them a lot.

strong point actually :) his "anti-dogmaticness"  can be a bit dogmatic . go figure. but i dont think leo is coming from a bad place. hes just coming from a perspective. which is no different then your own. the point of his message isnt him. its the message, its also not how its worded. people perceive what the perceive. and words are misrepresentations... at best... so .. take it not so literally :)