askdfjnak

Is Leo Manipulating Us?

178 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Linas said:

@PeakPerformance  thats whay "leo" should become milionare first, it would not  be so hard when i listten his videos. Then i would not doubt on him, when he says "money, success is not important for me.."

he's already past that point mate.

@nbolt I'm not against actualized.org, I've learnt things here that have probably saved me decades of dicking around.

I'm just pointing out that in order to disseminate this information Leo had to adopt a system, every system is going to be fundamentally flawed in some way. For whatever reason, Leo chose to use business. You can be sure that is going to colour the way he delivers his content and that the methods he adopts are going to be in direct conflict with some of his messages.

For example, modern business is fundamentally about getting peoples attention right? I think he actually makes that explicit in one of his videos. So everything he does is going to be geared to gaining and holding your attention, from click-bait titles, to long videos, to a forum that is hard to leave. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with that, it's just that these can become obsticals when you're actually trying to become enlightened or raise your awareness or whatever because its passifying you.

When you're lurking on a forum, you're not actively facing yourself,

When you're watching “how to make a girl squirt p2” you're not actively facing yourself.

He's also trying to mix enlightenment with personal development because its easier to sell western societies weird concepts from east that way. The problem with that is that enlightenment might become just another fad that nobody really gets.

As he says in his his enlightenment video “you need to kill yourself” this takes balls and from this perspective “personal development” is just another neurosis geared towards self preservation.

How can you be willing to kill yourself and be trying to reinforce yourself with health, money, relationships, success etc. at the same time?

How can you be willing to kill yourself and be worried about how you're going to pay for your blueberries, or whatever the elitist super-foods are these days, or position yourself as some kind of urban hermit with comfy slippers and an armchair to dream up new philosophies.

The paradox is that you do need some philosophy and ideas to help you, but the amount of info you need is tiny compared to the time you need to spend holding your feet to the fire, facing yourself and some of life's harsh truths. It's like baking a loaf of bread, you only need a tiny bit of yeast compared to the amount of flour you need to make a good loaf. I've got more than enough information now and its time to start building up awareness and undoing my own insecurities, neurosis, beliefs, desires and attitudes.

Maybe I'm a bit of an extremist, maybe I'm completely off the mark, but this just seems right for me now.

I'm leaving to go to beyond.

If my account could be deleted that'd be great, but ... meh

Cheers everyone, hope you all have great lives and even better deaths.

@Gone that goes for everyone in life, you stand for something you believe in, until you hope you reach the truth.

@Gone not unless he has enough money that he doesn't give a flying fuck and is secure.

On 6/22/2016 at 7:15 PM, Gone said:

No point.

We'll all be dead soon.

I want fuller conversations and emptier silences.

That's my point.

Wait there!!! Wait there!!!

You said "No point..."

Now you say "there's a point..."

You keep changing your mind, You don't exist!!!!!!
Maybe you crossed "The Gateless Gate" ...

;)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Why are we talking about all these?

Nothing has a form, form is empty... this forum is emptiness

Enjoy the nothingness of the forum

Oooooohhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@abrakamowse sure doesn't feel empty when I open my girls gate 

You know park my car in her garage

Let the snake slither into the hole

Land my airplane

Have her break her cocoNUT

Milk the cow

I could go on but you get it ?

20 minutes ago, DizIzMikey said:

@abrakamowse sure doesn't feel empty when I open my girls gate 

You know park my car in her garage

Let the snake slither into the hole

Land my airplane

Have her break her cocoNUT

Milk the cow

I could go on but you get it ?

Maybe is empty in "there" or at least "spacious" hehehehe

:D:DO.o

@abrakamowse well you'll never know personally.

Tell you what after I nut in there I'll let you know.... naaaaaah B|

Over 200 want to know but as the drake line goes.. SHE AINT MESSIN WITH U WIGGAS 

Hey.. is yours spacious?.. you know.. Like the grand canyon.. because you know.. EVERYONE GOES THERE!!!!

Daaaaamn!

@Gone Self-actualization is the most critically important value you need as a human being. You're going to need to get as much help as you can in this world. I can assure you that you can get more value from following the business Leo has from any other business, person, or other source of information anywhere else regardless of any intentions you think Leo has.

Personally, I think you're just overreacting.

Why do I think you're overreacting? Because nobody is forcing you to keep reading stuff in this forum. It's ultimately your choice to read and it's your choice to stop.

Your main concern is that using this forum is not the same as actually self-actualizing but you act as if this place is a distraction from self-actualization. The way I see it, it's quite the opposite. This site is one of the things that keeping me reminded of personal growth. Out there, outside this forum, there are an innumerable ways the world can distract and trick you, and in very very subtle ways too. But that's a caricature, the world is a much more complex entity than my description. Ultimately, I believe it's just a matter of strategy. Keep watch of your own strategy in life, you might ended having an inferior strategy but think like you know what you're doing.

Edited by Extreme Z7

The only time Leo really has obviously tried to manipulate his audience is when he makes video's about meditation.  He tries to trick your ego into doing enlightenment work.  He says things to specifically make the idea of enlightenment appeal to the ego.

But for the most part I think the dude is mostly a benevolent person.  He puts out a shit load of stuff for free and seems like he genuinely wants to help people.  I have a really good bullshit detector and intuition about people and Leo's information is legit and his intentions are good from what I perceive.  I will admit I was thrown off by his look at first.  The whole eclectic bald, cultured evil genius look, wearing a black shirt kinda threw me off and I thought he was a narcissist when I first watched his stuff.  Gave him a fair chance though and I think he's a good guy.  I'd like to interact with him in person in an environment where he can't pick and choose what he puts out though to see what he's really like.  My guess is that I'd really like the guy.  I actually think minds like his are very under appreciated in this world.  Like his video on Rationalism was really an incredible exploration of that topic and it goes over the heads of so many people.  Damn shame. 

Edited by Heart of Space

On 22/06/2016 at 4:45 AM, Gone said:

Wow this blew up, this is how a forum "should" be.

No point.

We'll all be dead soon.

I want fuller conversations and emptier silences.

That's my point.

Next question(s) I have:

Leo offers plenty of great free content that could help many people who are having problems in their lives, no question. The way he delivers it also makes it very attractive to said people, he's very comforting and authenticity is woven into is work.

Now he's beginning to delve into content that could be very dangerous if misinterpreted. Like free will, morality and other aspects of "enlightenment".

Do you think it's wise to teach enlightenment before becoming enlightened? 

... to an unseen audience who may be unstable and impressionable.

What are the benefits of doing it that way?

What if he's ... "WRONG"! 

*dun, dun dahhhhhh!*

Good question about enlightenment. I posted a clip about near death experiences below because it's a type of enlightenment experience (outer body or out of the ordinary experience). Of course, there are other types of enlightenment experiences. 

My point for you is not about these experiences. (Leo didn't cover near death experiences.) My point is...if you go out there and actually meet someone with enlightenment experiences, and the person actually told you about them (maybe cause you asked), and you made them feel "uncomfortable,"

like you say, "how do you know it's real?" 

or, "it's just a dream."

or, "it's not according to X, Y, or Z religion."

or, "it's not according to science."

The person will probably not share more info--info like how does it apply to self-actualization and life purpose. I just want to point out that it's not easy to share such info because the person does get judged with labels like "weird or crazy," and they're not. Unless, the person is a seeker and is really willing to learn and accept the person with enlightenment experiences, learning and good communication won't take place.

That goes for any other topic.

Also want to point out that there's a difference between enlightenment experiences and being enlightened. Leo covers a lot on "being enlightened." In other words, how to self-actualize. (Very simple definition. Too simple.)

Anyway, I know some of us are here because they've had enlightenment experiences and want to know what does it mean, how to apply it to self-actualization/life purpose, and how to communicate it to different people without getting judged too much.

@Gone

You have got way too much shit going on in your head. I think a break from this will do you good. 

All of what you said is complete nonsense.  Im not saying this from a critical standpoint, I don't know you so I can't say whether I like you or not, but everything you just said is pure fantasy. 

Not that you're any different to any other ego in my opinion.

32 minutes ago, Linas said:

@Natasha dam, so if he is realy milionare so was wrong all the time. but still, youtube sucribes numbers do not prove anything. most of tonny robbens moneys came from seminars and self help products. em i wrong?

A significant portion of it was made before he ever started actualized.org, with some sort of online marketing business. I'm also sure that most of his money from actualized.org came from private coaching and such. And of course his subscriber count and courses do contribute something.

Edited by nbolt

On 22.6.2016 at 2:47 PM, Gone said:

After scrolling through the forum for hours on end, reading basically the same shit

Stop reading, why are you reading for hours? Instead Get to work, establish meditation habit, do self-inquiry...we talk in 12month ;) 

having a binding (non-es capable) forum on your website is genius mass psychology manipulation.

xD the word manipulation is interessting. Look into that and you will find that EVERYTHING that is not first hand experience can be seen as manipulation or am i wrong?

Following a bevevolent, omnipotent self actualising leader, who facilitates very specific discussions about self actualisation

Omnipotent xD Really? you see leo that way? he admited himself that he just 1month ago sold his PS4 xD so...jeah ..don´t really agree with your definition of "omnipotent" when it comes to self-actualizing...

and when we're all excited about self actualisation, guess what? There are great self actualisation products only one tab away!

What you do here is a general critique of modern marketing/capitalism, this has not really somth to do with leo specifically does it?

Also think about what the forum gives Leo:

1. Massive traffic to his website, how many times do we come here each day?

I don´t know about you but i come 1or 2 times a week , since im self aware enough the notice that this site is no exception to my addictive behavior ...btw im self aware of that since i meditate and i stopped all addictions ...and i started to meditate because of leo ...so ...jeah ...evil leo right? xD 

2. New ideas to farm

"farm" ...oh evil leo!

3. Insight into problems we're having so he can specifically target them, either with free videos that drive traffic here to repeat steps 1-3, or with a new paid product that will probably be released soon.

you are 100% jealous! Oh see leo does this and that i got i all down and it is so unfair that it is not ME!!! 

Here's my question, I think it will make for a good discussion:

Do you think it's necessary to use business to spread higher consciousness values?

-You don´t have to buy his courses!!!

-The forum is 100% free !!

-he is making videos specifically for your problems (according to you) 

so isn´t it ok that he gets something back for the effort he put in??

...I don´t understand you ....or i do ... like i said it is called jealousy ... ask yourself: is this benefitting you? Why aren´t you building your own business? Why are you still on this site? Addiction? Then why are you not meditating yet? 

Peace & Love :) 

Edited by Falk

3 hours ago, Linas said:

@Natasha dam, so if he is realy milionare so was wrong all the time. but still, youtube sucribes numbers do not prove anything. most of tonny robbens moneys came from seminars and self help products. em i wrong?

It doesn't really matter how they get their millions - by selling seminars or products. What matters is that half as many people follow Leo, because he is the real deal. He walks the walk, not just talks the talk, and everything he teaches he also lives.

21 hours ago, Natasha said:

Leo's already a millionaire 

How do you know this?

Just now, Mal said:

How do you know this?

I saw it somewhere on the web awhile ago.

@Natasha Also, he mentions he earns six figures a year in the video he features in the FRONT PAGE of his site.

Not to mention so many other benefits in life that @Linas seems completely ignorant of. He can ramble all he wants with his broken english but ultimately, he still has to face the reality that Leo gets amazing results and Linas doesn't.

Pardon my language but. . . EVIDENCE, bitch!

Edited by Extreme Z7