askdfjnak

Is Leo Manipulating Us?

178 posts in this topic

@Extreme Z7 wait, that's not evidence. All I see are flashing pixels  that resemble a bald man that is synchronized with the random noises my speakers make. 

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

hahaha..I hope Leo read all this , and decide one day a topic: Does Actualized.org manipulating people?  :)

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

@Extreme Z7 wait, that's not evidence. All I see are flashing pixels  that resemble a bald man that is synchronized with the random noises my speakers make. 

There's no pixels that resemble a bald man, just plain and simple pixels!!!

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

3 hours ago, 30secs said:

hahaha..I hope Leo read all this , and decide one day a topic: Does Actualized.org manipulating people?  :)

If he does read this, he's likely going to lock down this topic just like he did with a certain other similar thread a while back. It think he's right to do that though, threads like these are just pointless wastes of time. Each one of has a lot of work to do to self-actualize, but it's very easy to get sidetracked. This forum is supposed to be used for help in personal growth not ego games.

Edited by Extreme Z7

@GoneI don't have the intention to read all 5 pages, so I'm sorry if I'm reiterating anything.

1. Questioning is great, keep it up!

2. Sure, if it's not helpful for you, give it up.... or, if you just have strong online addictive tendencies, use a timer when browsing/ posting etc...

3. My personal experience is that this forum/Leo/ actualised videos are quite helpful, insightful, motivating, and supportive.

I don't think he's manipulating people he seems to be really in tune with good ways to live a happy fulfilling life. He doesn't claim to be perfect. His vision is to help others and in order to do that he has to get the word out. He has his video series which costs a lot of money, but I'm sure will be very worthwhile. I'm not able to do this yet so I watch as many videos on his site I can. 

On 22.6.2016. at 7:26 PM, Ayla said:

Having been here from day one of launching this forum, I can say that despite the "low level" of content, I've laughed my guts out, cried, questioned, cared, loved, contemplated, reviewed, shifted, seen through blind spots, came to terms with a lot of stuff that took place here during these months. 

There is enough content here to wake up the entire planet. Search for it carefully. 

I think we should all be a little bit grateful for "being manipulated" by THIS and not by THAT...or not!

:) 

On some forums there are so called "Golden Archives".

Maybe we should consider creating something like: A hall of fame for the best actualization related threads ever found on actualized.org. The gems shall not get buried!

Not every one has enough free time to grind through all low level stuff ;(

On 6/22/2016 at 0:26 PM, Ayla said:

... I can say that despite the "low level" of content...

Yeah @Ayla ... the stuff I have to read here is driving me crazy!
But I forgive them because they don't know what they are doing...

Lol

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

4 minutes ago, Linas said:

@abrakamowse you dont have to read this stuff. you can go sit on your ground next to your favorite wall and do nothing

Zazen.jpg

@abrakamowse @Linas

50 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Yeah @Ayla ... the stuff I have to read here is driving me crazy!
But I forgive them because they don't know what they are doing...

Lol

Likewise :)

6 minutes ago, Mal said:

@abrakamowse @Linas

Likewise :)

I don't know what I'm doing either, but... I'm ok with it... hehehehe

1 minute ago, abrakamowse said:

I don't know what I'm doing either, but... I'm ok with it... hehehehe

Does anybody know what they are doing? This is my big realization right now..

But would we come to these insights if we don't try? The more nonsense I talk the more I see it as nonsense. 

Everything is divine nonsense. The divine speaking crap about nothing..

I'm going to write a book about it.  It's going to be a short volume :)

On 6/25/2016 at 5:45 AM, Extreme Z7 said:

If he does read this, he's likely going to lock down this topic just like he did with a certain other similar thread a while back. It think he's right to do that though, threads like these are just pointless wastes of time. Each one of has a lot of work to do to self-actualize, but it's very easy to get sidetracked. This forum is supposed to be used for help in personal growth not ego games.

Honestly I hope he does. What exactly are people complaining about here? That a self-help/enlightenment forum exists? You can find much more unhealthy ways to waste time on the Internet.

On 6/22/2016 at 1:47 PM, Gone said:

After scrolling through the forum for hours on end, reading basically the same shit, I wanted to stop wasting my time and delete my account.

Dude, you're the one scrolling for hours on end, it's your fault. I only visit the forum once in a while and as a consequence, when I do I don't feel like I'm "reading the same shit".

On 6/24/2016 at 3:21 AM, Gone said:

For example, modern business is fundamentally about getting peoples attention right? I think he actually makes that explicit in one of his videos. So everything he does is going to be geared to gaining and holding your attention, from click-bait titles, to long videos, to a forum that is hard to leave. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with that, it's just that these can become obsticals when you're actually trying to become enlightened or raise your awareness or whatever because its passifying you.

You are simply playing the victim by saying that in order to quit a forum you need to be able to delete your account. How are you sure you wouldn't make a new one? Maybe you need Leo to come over to your house and block this website on your computer? I'm not trying to bash you for getting addicted but please don't blame external factors for your addiction. I think Leo is aware that for certain people the forum can become a low consciousness activity but so can many other "positive" things like work, exercise and seeking spiritual experiences. 

@Mal Blank pages with the title "You Don't Know Shit: Mal's guide to knowing nothing without the you. Vol. 1 lol

If course he is manipulating us. Just like every other information we choose to expose ourselfs to. Everything you think about is basically a manipulation, only what your senses deliver you is unmanipulated information. But we even have to train  ourself by meditation or our mind  will manipulate this input aswell.

Just surround yourself with things you WANT to be manipulated by, and surrender to them. Its that easy. 

Like people who are walking the same path. If they are at a more advanced stage than you, they will naturally lift you up. Otherwise, you may be their teacher for some time, which will grow  you in the process aswell. 

And this is exactly what Leo is doing with his work. Growing himself by growing others. A work if beauty, isnt  it?

Edited by Franz

I want to apologise for this thread,

I was absolutely taking a victim mindset.

I don't know what's happened but it's like my mind has gone absolutely bat shit crazy recently. I projected my anger and some of my own insecurities out here and twisted Leo into some kind of demon by pulling out some absolute bullshit theories, which is not ok.

This place has turned into a bit of a distraction for me though, because it's the only place I can actually talk about things that matter to me.

I've basically lost all of my friends to mediocrity, been shunned by my family for being a “failure”

I got expelled from university for fighting with lecturers, I also tried walk across Australia, but quit after 2300km because I realised I was being egoistic.

(try explain that to someone outside of this forum)

I've decided to use my real name because bashing people behind a veil of anonymity is the definition of a coward, and I'm better than that.

I am leaving for some time now though because I've had enough talk, now I need to walk the walk n' shit.

Fuck, self-honesty is hard. I'm literally sweating and shaking as I type this.

20 minutes ago, Marc Schinkel said:

Pulling out some absolute bullshit theories, which is not ok.

Hi Mark,

No, it IS ok. 

I for one will be glad if you stayed (if you changed your mind) or if you want to return too. This might even be a breakthrough for you? All of us are going through exactly the same, there is no shame in being who you are, ego or no ego. 

Thanks for your honesty here

Love

Mal

5 hours ago, Marc Schinkel said:

I want to apologise for this thread,

I was absolutely taking a victim mindset.

Fuck, self-honesty is hard. I'm literally sweating and shaking as I type this.

Appoligies accepted , you are now officially part of the cult ,

so repeat after us :  *ALL HAIL LEO*

have to do this while drinking the blood of a virgin rabbit 

(not funny? ok sorry xD ) 

For Enlightenment yes, because once you become enlightened you see the truth of reality.. You escape the matrix, you become your existential self and operate from it. I just hope I can do life purpose because money would come from life purpose, need to eat ya'know

Edited by JevinR

I'm glad someone brought this up. Honestly, there is nothing inherently wrong with business and promotional tactics so long as nobody's personal freedoms or safety is compromised. Everyone who is here on this forum wanted to be here for whatever reason. If they happen to be enticed by Leo's shiny products and end up purchasing them, that is their choice. Leo benefits by getting paid for the work he puts into this content, and the buyer gets his or her money's worth if and only if s/he applies what these products have to teach. 

I agree that the content can be repetitive, but the human mind needs to be hear the same message several times before it really starts to sink in. Once an idea becomes part of your everyday consciousness, you start to naturally change your behavior. I think that's the idea with this forum. If you are sick of talking in abstracts about the merits of personal development, then you can always start a new topic. This forum isn't run by some overlord who expects to be looked up to as some kind of leader (at least I hope not)! Internet forums like these are great examples of where true democratic exchanges can take place. Users can gain and lose reputation points based on how they affect the community. This is a community after all, not a class where the students sit like silent sheep while The Master lectures us and expects blind, unquestioning obedience. 

Just my two cents ;)

Edited by qbit
typo (spelling error)