LoveandPurpose

do YOU have to fight everyday for feeling happy?

14 posts in this topic

I struggle everyday to be happy. It's like a battle.

Is this normal? Do you have to fight to feel ok everyday?

Edited by LoveandPurpose

That could be a symptom of depression or bipolar. 

Get checked by a psychiatrist. 

It's ok one time. But if you are struggling every day then it's abnormal. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Feeling happy is opposite of fighting. 

When you feel surrounded to the universe that's when you feel the most happy.

Stop fighting. Take the leap of faith, and you will likely be happy.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

14 hours ago, LoveandPurpose said:

I struggle everyday to be happy. It's like a battle.

Is this normal? Do you have to fight to feel ok everyday?

That is normal, but not necessary.

That also may have something to do with misunderstanding happiness. As long as happiness means "getting what I want and avoiding what I don't want", it will be struggle.

I personally don't fight for it. I enjoy my life, even if it has nothing fancy about it. Although, to exist is in itself kind of awesome thing to do...

73a.jpg

I would maybe go and get psychologically checked out, how's your diet, exercise, and sleep? Are you deficient in anything?

I would really sort these out if possible, therapy could also really help if you're struggling :) 

Before talking about existential issues it's best to get the basics and fundamentals sorted, modern lifestyles don't support a baseline of happiness, unfortunately. 

By 'Work', awakening isn't always easy, but it's worth it, but once it 'happens' it's like an absolute effortlessness of Peace and Happiness that results. I will leave you with some articles from Rupert Spira on this. 

https://non-duality.rupertspira.com/read/happiness_is_knowing_our_own_being

https://non-duality.rupertspira.com/read/peace_and_happiness_are_inherent_in_consciousness

Btw, that song is fucking beautiful, I remember the Jay-Z remix when I was like 11, to me that song is actually an expression of love and joy of life, and points to 'living forever'- Consciousness can never die, so yes we do live forever, but the body will of course drop away. Another topic for another day!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I hardly ever feel happy. I'm relatively content though.

I don't feel like every day is a battle. I try to find a balance between putting in enough effort that I get some satisfaction and security but not so much effort that I burn out.

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

No.

Try practicing thankfulness/gratefulness. Look around and be thankful for what you have physical and with what you own. 

edit:

there are things that impact my levels of happiness like diet, sleep, and having activities that give me something to do and progress in.

Edited by SgtPepper

Sounds like you're working hard to be happy and do the right things, but that it feels like an uphill battle...  Sounds like a tough time and that it would be difficult and demoralizing.  

What if you allowed whatever situation your in to be ok?  For now.  Not necessarily as a forever thing or saying you won't try to grow or pursue dreams.  But just as a way to find an oasis amidst the storm.  

I've noticed, when I'm feeling at my lowest, I get many self-critical thoughts (even one's i'm not aware of that come in the form of negative feelings) and I get tunnel visionI forget the beauty and gratitude and all the good things in my life.  I forget that it's not so bad.  I forget to recognize the state i'm in and go "Oh!  I'm super sad, hurt, and depressed right now!  I should really go easy and go do something that I enjoy."  Maybe buy myself a treat or hang with a friend, even not doing some disciplined thing I "should" do.

If you were another person who saw you from the outside and knew what was going on inside of you (how you're feeling, thinking, and experiencing), how would you treat you?  What would you want to give yourself?  How would you approach yourself?  What would you want to give yourself?  Would you want to give yourself something you know you need?  

It may also require some balance between knowing when to kick your butt into high gear and create discipline for happiness versus knowing when you need to just relax, enjoy yourself, allow yourself to heal and love... 

When in doubt...

Be Here Now

Sights, Sounds, Textures ...

Experience

Presence

You'll get there.

Shape your stone.  It takes time to turn those sharp edges into smooth surfaces.  

Here's a  poem

Time

Water --> light as rain --> splashing against stone --> hard as rock --> turning into sand --> playing in kids' hands --> smiles on photos --> memories inconceivable joy... love --> forever in hearts  --> Love

The master craftsman --> the crane waiting for the fish --> 3.3 billion years of pressure to create a diamond --> Love

No matter how blunt the edge --> Love

It will cut through anything --> Love

Given enough of itself --> Love

Love -- You

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I also struggle to be happy everyday.

Here's my take on this: The word 'fight' in fight to be happy is not necessarily correct.

Instead, you must relax and let go. There is no need to be happy all the time. Just be grateful that you are alive and you are able bodied (presumably).