Rinne

Eating Honey As A Main Food Source

23 posts in this topic

Hey forum guys,

Im interested in knowing is it possibly to live off mainly eating honey? Its not something i plan on doing but am just interested. I cant seem to find good info sources on the internet about this maybe am just not looking hard enough. 

Would any of you guys know? 

I heard in one of sadhgurus videos he said when he was living in the jungle he was mainly living off of just raw honey. I dont know if this is exactly true. 

@Siim Land Hey i saw one of your videos on eating only potatoes would you know anything about only eating honey? Thanks. 

I think you could if you included bee pollen as well but since honey is mostly glucose at some time you would start hitting micro-deficiencies. For all that glucose to be turned into ATP (energy) in mitochondria you need a lot of other cofactors that are not found in honey so despite all that energy it is possible you would start running into symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome. Scurvy would also be a possible development as well as beriberi. And than honey has no protein, no essential fatty acids, no calcium, very little magnesium, no fibre so lot of other potential issues down the line. Can't imagine it being to good for your teeth either. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

It metabolizes like sugar. There's a better alternative unless you want a bulking season and diabetes. 

Don't base your diet on an enlightened master just eating raw honey in the jungle or meditating so much he only has to sleep 4 hours a night for example, for 99.9% of people this will be a health disaster. 

More essential than a quick sugar like honey would be amino acids or fats, so in this case you would be missing all your foundational nutrients and your body would start depleting rapidly

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

I eat quite a lot of raw honey. Probably 1 jar per week.

Not sure how healthy it is. I like to believe it's healthy. Of course 1 jar/week is nowhere near enough to live off of. It would be quite gross to only eat honey all day. Makes me want to vomit just thinking about it.

And I would also worry about pesticides when eating that much.

Good honey is also expensive.

But it makes for a nice quick energy-boosting snack.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Raw honey is very very healthy. 

Anthony William's the medical medium really talks it up in his book 

"Life-Changing Foods."

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

Image from Life Changing Foods.

Additional tips he says

- add to lemon water

- good for colds, take a spoonful before bed for improved sleep

- look for wildflower honey 

- good for skin and small wounds 

- consume prior to meditation... boosts happy feeling and strengthens mind

He also says some of our ancestors survived and mainly honey alone. Not because they didnt have other foods sources, but because it's awesome.

There ya go :) def checkout Anthony William's... I've been drowning myself in his info lately... some of the best health advice out there

15809361438935423408381358174841.jpg

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Not sure how healthy it is. I like to believe it's healthy. Of course 1 jar/week is nowhere near enough to live off of. It would be quite gross to only eat honey all day. Makes me want to vomit just thinking about it.

I'm just wondering, but didn't you lately mention that you try to avoid too much sweet foods, especially fruits?

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

12 minutes ago, Billy Shears said:

I'm just wondering, but didn't you lately mention that you try to avoid too much sweet foods, especially fruits?

No

guys i don’t want to confuse you but sadhguru probably talked about jaggery.

2 hours ago, Adam M said:

Image from Life Changing Foods.

Additional tips he says

- add to lemon water

- good for colds, take a spoonful before bed for improved sleep

- look for wildflower honey 

- good for skin and small wounds 

- consume prior to meditation... boosts happy feeling and strengthens mind

He also says some of our ancestors survived and mainly honey alone. Not because they didnt have other foods sources, but because it's awesome.

There ya go :) def checkout Anthony William's... I've been drowning myself in his info lately... some of the best health advice out there

15809361438935423408381358174841.jpg

It's a super food no doubt. Still, it metabolizes as a carb. You won't get shredded on it. There's better alternative routes IMHO. Leafy greens, fasting, hardcore training, and legit means for recovery. There's a lot of junk science and crap out today. There's Mikayala Peterson on the carnivore diet. Formerly had awful RA and hip replacements at 16. Swears by a carnivore diet. Its likely anti inflammatory and a cash grab. 

@Leo Gura fellow honey lover, I would recommend you try Neem Honey & Manuka Honey. They are amazing. Might even want to go to Nepal and try the Psychedelic Honey (Im assuming you have watched the vice documentary) :P 

Also I had this amazing experience with honey and wanted to share! I don't know if it applies to all.

Do you guys ever get cold while tripping on mushrooms? Its a common theme on my trips. I often find myself craving sunlight, I also think that mushrooms are considered to generate a cooling effect on the body according to ayurveda. Anyways, a few weeks ago, I had turned on the heater and was ready to trip in my room however although my room was at a decent temperature, I felt very cold. Then I remembered that honey is considered to generate heat in the body & I confirmed it within my own experience!! I literally took half a teaspoon of honey (i usually mindlessly consume a large tablespoon to get a dose of sweetness but because I was tripping, I realized my abusive behavior towards honey) and my body immediately felt warm. It was one of the greatest worldly sensations Ive experienced. So pro tip: take honey when cold. 

So doesnt honey make you loose weight and be skinny? 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Depends on many things, where one lives, how high their spiritual development is and how well they understand the human body and laws of nature and also how rich the raw honey is in bee pollen for the most part. Labeled as “The World’s Only Perfect Food”, Bee Pollen contains all the essential nutrients to sustain life. Bee Pollen is very rich in B vitamins 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and B 12 and contains Vitamin C, A and E. Bee Pollen contains up to 35% complete protein, as well as 22 amino acids, 27 mineral salts, trace elements and several enzymes. Bee Pollen is a great source of minerals, including Magnesium, Calcium and Manganese. Bee Pollen in its raw state should be maintained “fresh frozen” until it is ready for consumption.

Raw Local Honey should naturally be rich in bee pollen but at the end of the day, the more efficient and superconductive your body becomes to universal energy, the less physical nourishment you need to sustain life for you can learn to transmute matter into energy in new ways as you evolve.

There are Yogi Masters out there who live off mineral rich spring water, mountain herbs and berries and live exceptionally long lives. The more in-tune you are with source energy, the less 'physical nourishment' you need.

Living in the city is a completely different story because of all the UN-natural frequencies which are energetically and physically exhausting to the natural flow of creation so there is more need for food, sleep, rest, repair ect...

B R E A T H E

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah thanks for a reply Leo its always cool to get your input. I had just got the idea if combining "daves killer bread organic bread good seed" mixed with organic honey as a easy to make snack that nutritious. 

I just been trying to get myself on a healthier diet. 

1 hour ago, pluto said:

Depends on many things, where one lives, how high their spiritual development is and how well they understand the human body and laws of nature and also how rich the raw honey is in bee pollen for the most part. Labeled as “The World’s Only Perfect Food”, Bee Pollen contains all the essential nutrients to sustain life. Bee Pollen is very rich in B vitamins 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and B 12 and contains Vitamin C, A and E. Bee Pollen contains up to 35% complete protein, as well as 22 amino acids, 27 mineral salts, trace elements and several enzymes. Bee Pollen is a great source of minerals, including Magnesium, Calcium and Manganese. Bee Pollen in its raw state should be maintained “fresh frozen” until it is ready for consumption.

Raw Local Honey should naturally be rich in bee pollen but at the end of the day, the more efficient and superconductive your body becomes to universal energy, the less physical nourishment you need to sustain life for you can learn to transmute matter into energy in new ways as you evolve.

There are Yogi Masters out there who live off mineral rich spring water, mountain herbs and berries and live exceptionally long lives. The more in-tune you are with source energy, the less 'physical nourishment' you need.

Living in the city is a completely different story because of all the UN-natural frequencies which are energetically and physically exhausting to the natural flow of creation so there is more need for food, sleep, rest, repair ect...

Good stuff bro good stuff. I had some experience with universal energy and i get what you mean. I mean i had no super crazy experience but my body did feel lighter durning those days. Had super amounts of energy. Trying to work my way back there since i lost that state living. 

Thanks the other replies guys! 

if you guys think about sugar replacement, also consider coconut sugar as it has a lot of amino acids and is even more or similar healthy than jaggery. both are palm sugars! ahaaaa

there is a syrup made out of the same fruit as jaggery which is called honey in sri lanka - i suppose in india, too. also if you buy honey think of the bees...and how they might be treated, how much are they allowed to keep and so on.

i guess what sadhguru really is talking about is a spiritual honey, you will not get that from another bee - you only get that from being the bee.

a spoon full of sugar... spinning around in my head all day.

Edited by remember

13 hours ago, pluto said:

This sounds great!

I found a local website that sells a lot of different kind of organic honeys (And not at all bad prices) like raw honey, honey still in combs, honey with pollen in it and "Bee bread" (Pollen bee's processed with lactic acid)

You mentioned that the bee pollen should be maintained frozen until consumption, is it enough for it to be frozen until postal delivery, or should it be frozen until just a few hours before it enters my meal?

Are you a bee? If so, you could get through the winter on honey alone. If not, you should probably eat food appropriate for your species.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

I found you a role model