Adam M

Astrology: A Powerful Lens for Understanding Trends in Personal and Global Evolution

24 posts in this topic

I've been meaning to start this thread for a while now...

"As above, so below."

Over the past 6 months or so I've been called more and more to the study of astrology.

By no means am I an expert in this field and I've only really been dipping my toes into what seems like an impossibly deep rabbit hole.

However, astrology has been very helpful for me as a tool for understanding human values and motivations, and also to frame them in a more universal perspective. I am surprised at the quality and scope of insights that can be gleaned from this field of study. Very Yellow/Turquoise.

ESSENTIAL READING:

https://www.amazon.ca/Alan-Okens-Complete-Astrology-Classic/dp/0892541253

^ this book here is one of the most interesting and comprehensive books that I have read in a long time. I am specifically amazed at the potential for universal and metaphysical understanding that is possible to gain by studying the lens of astrology.

Since Astrology is an ancient Science, it is also mixed in with intuition and spirituality, which makes it a super powerful tool for...

- understanding people's motivations and desires

- understanding personality types with a system that appears to be equally if not more complex and accurate than Myers-Briggs (and requires NO SURVEY!?)

- understanding global trends (planetary positions affect collective consciousness)

- understanding and framing historical ages and predicting future ages

- understanding your own innermost desires and psychological tendencies

- understanding metaphysics, how the ego (Aries) moves through the all the zodiac signs and ends at Pisces (representing Oneness and dissolution)

- a useful language for understanding and communicating nuanced intuition-based insights that would otherwise be lost in translation (it's almost like how understanding Spiral Dynamics with sufficient depth produces insights that are incommunicable with those who have never studied the model)

- potential ability to predict the future (based on planetary movements and energies)

- past lives

- direction, purpose, personal destiny

- relationship dynamics

- and much more which I'm sure that I will discover in the future

Astrology has shown me some impossibly deep perspectives with which to understand the whole universe.

Of course, it is a conceptual framework with it's own limitations and blind spots.

However, I have friends whose mastery of Astrology has allowed them to consistently make accurate assessments of people and their life path.

Common misconceptions:

Many people misunderstand astrology simply because they lack the conceptual framework and intuitive capacities to take full advantage of the Science. Also, many people can turn it into a dogma or a way to stereotype people.

Astrology is a deeeeeeeep field (much like Spiral Dynamics) that is only useful with sufficient depth of understanding.

Of course, the tool is even more useful when one can pull from other models like Myers-Briggs, Spiral Dynamics, and all of Actualized.org

START HERE (RESOURCES):

Natal Chart:

https://astro.cafeastrology.com/natal.php

^ this is a detailed and robust interpretation of your personal natal chart. Many deep personal insights to be gained about yourself and others from this one powerful link. (Make sure you put in your accurate birth time and location)

Full website:

https://cafeastrology.com/site-map.html

Understanding Moon signs:

Understanding Ascendant Signs:

Awesome channel, her predictions are always very accurate because her understanding of astrology is very comprehensive. This video can give you a lot of insight when combined with the NATAL CHART that I linked above.

Closing remarks for skeptics:

Astrology has been given a bad name from the likes of stage Green men and women who only use Astrology for surface level understanding.

In truth, the study of Astrology is perhaps the oldest Science. It would be a mistake to dismiss this field without at least reading your Natal Chart. I'm sure that you will be pleasantly surprised by the accuracy of the information.

Of course, always allow your intuition to guide your study. If certain archetypes or readings do not resonate with you, then feel free to take them with a grain of salt.

I've been having a delightful amount of fun studying this topic. It is truly a wonderland for practising combining conceptual models with personal intuition.

I'm open to answering questions and discussing this topic. I am by no means an expert but I am at least a few steps ahead of the average person.

"A physician without an understanding of astrology has no right to call himself a physician."

- Hippocrates

Edited by Adam M

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

Great post. I love astrology/numerology/tarot and I've been trying to study them. Do you know of any astrology readers that you would recommend? Kind of been wanting to get a "professional" look at my chart because it's just so much to try to learn.

Oh my god! Haha, the Natal Chart is so amazing! It's spot on! I was reading about myself and it made so ecstatic to see how true it was. Also, I love star girl the practical witch. I found her channel maybe a few weeks ago and she has never failed me xD. She has been the best I've found so far. 

This is quite the find, thank you for sharing. I personally just got into astrology because a friend recommended me star girl the practical witch. I've delve deeper into it and this is just what I needed. So thank you, again.

Man those natal charts are awesome. Astrology is best resource in predicting ones nature.

Stargirl witch channel is heavenly her 2020 prediction resonated very well with me. 

This tarrot reading blew my mind. She is the witch leo promised us.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Adam M many thanks to a wonderful post. I love astrology. Usually i can tell what zodiac you are just by talking people. Can you tell? 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Bump for Fellow students of Astrology 

Using this as a perceptual filter off and on throughout the year. Doing this I can learn somethings about the framework of Astrology while looking for validity in its application. In my own birth chart, I have Earth, fire, and water represented but no air representation. 5 planets piled up on Virgo and two on Scorpio, a Capricorn asendent, moon in Leo and a yod (finger of God) pointing between my sun and mercury in Virgo which is ruled by Mercury.

Im trying to learn so if I state something incorrectly someone please correct me.

Her monotone voice grates on my nerves but I intuit that her overall understanding/knowledge of Astrology is well beyond my own. 

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I might just be closed minded but I imagined this forum despite being about spiritually would be uncomfortable talking about astrology.

@wk197 I am all in on enlightenment etc, and even I still have doubts on astrology. But i have no direct experience with it so really I have no idea.

Be careful about judging something and labeling it as "bad", without direct experience of the thing. People do that with god and enlightenment, and they are missing the greatest joy that you could possibly have on earth based on the their false judgement.

@Raptorsin7 At least they offer you a different perspective to look at your life, for example, love life, and they are pro intuition, however its a complicated and slippery thing when mixed with mind and emotion.

As far as i have heard, hindus used astrology to predict what kind of lifestyle, what they should be in life in order to achieve enlightenment the easiest way. What karmic tendencies they have, do they are more into taste, feeling or sound or view and so on.

There is something to astrology, I'm pretty sure of it. I went to an astrologer once, while I was still an atheist and a materialist, and I was blown away by her, she had me pegged.

Thanks for this post, I do want to delve into it a bit at some point, and this seems like a good place to start from.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Adam M Wow, thank you for all that. I'm blown away by how accurate and spot on that reading was. I also looked up my husband's full chart and several family members (although I don't know their birth times), it describes them to a tee too. ? 

Edited by Amandine

"Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence". Erich Fromm

In defense of Astrology as having relevance in regards to Self Actualization I post an excerpt from Keyserling and Losey's Chance and Choice. In short, the argument goes that the astrological wheel represent the multidimensional archetypal energies that are within each human as well as God if I understand it right. Self similarity over scales,,,,,

In 2360 B.C., the Chaldean's made the spatial Zodiac of the constellations fit the geometric circle of 360 degrees by inventing the twelfth sector. They did this by inventing and arranging the last missing constellation of Libra. (Before there were only eleven.) With this development there was a star group for each of the 360 degree sectors. Time then became accessible to full brained understanding. 

By the year 2340 B.C., 20 years later, Astrology was the official religion of Babylonia, not as a science, but as a wisdom teaching to create a personal Way. This coincided with the Babylonian invention of the seven day week in accordance with the basic human energies. In their culture the King and Queen were joined on the Zikkurath - the Great Tower - at each of the four moon constellations. With the

seven day week the year was divided into 52 cycles. As will be seen in the last chapter, this is one of the prime numbers of spiritual development. The day itself was also made to follow the basic twelve-fold structure of the year: twelve hours of left brain day, twelve hours of right brain night.

This creation of the basic units of time - the seven day week -- changed the potentialities of the visible planets, and the moon and sun, into creative time. From that point in history to today, time and society has been ordered according to the twelve-fold Zodiac with the 12 months and hours, and the sevenfold time-cycle of the week comprised of the five visible planets, the sun and the moon. Unfortunately, most people today have no idea or understanding of the original meaning behind this structure. The seven days of the week and their cosmic origin are summarized in the following heptagon:

IMG_1005.JPG

,,The time planets took their significance from their spatial Zodiacal "Homes". Each time planet corresponded to a space Zodiac sign where it was said to be at home. This is shown on Keyserling's Wheel. The order differed between the traditions. But Keyserling has been able to harmonize these differences and synthesize all of the traditions. Now that we have knowledge of all of the planets, not just the five visible planets known to early Man, we arrive at the following time cycles. This shows the twelve basis types of human potential associated with each time cycle. The chart also shows the relation to the grammatical parts of speech.

IMG_1006.GIF

THE TWELVE BASIC HUMAN POTENTIALS

The planets symbolize the twelve archetypal human capacities or potentials which can be realized in time. They are divided into subsets of nine and three. The twelve potentials of time follow the basic pattern of the mind. The one or two word "Meanings" given above for these concepts should be understood very broadly. The words are "cluster words" which represent a wide spectrum of related capacities which come within that basic field of consciousness. They are like the twelve sides of a diamond which are unified by the crystal center of pure light - the Awareness behind the diverse manifestations of the Self.

The twelve basic capacities are potential powers until chosen in time. In life they can appear at three times in a person's development:

(1) As Apprentice Learning

(2) As Companion Acting

(3) As Master Teaching

You must choose to use all twelve of the basic potentials, both in language and in life, when the opportunity is presented by life. Otherwise, they will remain latent. These potentials do not automatically grow. They require choice and intentional efforts.

First, your language must become holistic and coherent. To make sense of your life you have to make sense in your speech. The twelve basic concepts presented in the chart above are the keys to making sense. You have to learn to use these concepts in your speech, your language. Then, eventually, you will learn to master these conceptual cluster-words in a three step process: apprentice, companion, master. This mastery of language allows for mastery of the human faculties which they represent. This means mastery of the full human capacities in controlled actions, or as Don Juan said, "Controlled Folly". Both learning processes - language and life - must go hand in hand. One without the other will not allow for full development. Words alone are hollow. Life alone is incomprehensible. Only both - language and action - allow you to actualize these potential powers. With both you can integrate them into your being, and thereby make sense of life. You can walk your talk.

You fully master the twelve time potentials in a three step process. First, you learn them. Next, you learn them even better by acting them out. Finally, you master them after you have taught them to others. In the final Master teaching stage the Self can merge with the Sun. The Self then can become radiating, full of life giving light. But, until all nine of the potentials are integrated, and the whole potential of your Being is realized, you will be submitted to reincarnation. As Keyserling says, you will be stuck in the "cosmic game of bowling". Only when all of your pins, your potential, have been set up and mastered, can you survive the inevitable black ball of death.

The nine planets represent talents available to everyone at any time. The last three - Rahu, Ketu (19 year "moon nodes" or Metonic cycle points) and the newly discovered tenth planet, "Lucifer"(1) - are different. They can only be tapped by taking part in a larger social movement, or assuming a historical role.

The nine planets are ordered in the Wheel according to the geometric pattern called the "Enneagram" - shown below. The Sun is in the center of the Enneagram and represents the essence. All of the planets take their nourishment and light from the Sun. In the same way the nine personalties take their light from the inner essence. The nine sided Enneagram comes out of the Sufi tradition. It was first brought to the West in the esoteric teachings of George Gurdjieff, one of Arnold Keyserling's mentors and teachers.

The ninefold structure can also be used as a key to understanding personality types. When a person emphasizes a particular potential, they naturally have a personality type associated with that planet. This system of personality analysis works because most successful people are at any one time dominated by one or two of the nine basic impulses to the exclusion of most of the others. They are successful because they at least have some personality of their own, even if only one dimensional. 

The majority of people today never develop any personality of their own at all. Instead, they have a false personality imposed on them from their parents, friends, job or society. The false personality has no connection with any of their innate capacities. For this reason it is usually weak, and the person has little energy or vitality.

Only personality which is in connection with a person's essence - their inner sun - can vitalize. The false, unconnected personalities only block energy. They act as a negative mask to hide true potential, instead of express it. Such lifeless personalities should be dropped and replaced by impulses and roles which you choose. They should be replaced by personalities that are more in accord with your essence and true potential. In the Gurdjieff tradition this process of liberation from false personalities is called "waking up". It is accomplished in part through a process called "self remembering" where you observe the false personalities in action.

If you are lucky enough to wake up and tap your inner essence and develop a true personality, you are on your way. But this is only the beginning, and many fall prey to the danger at this initial stage of development. They fall into the trap of domination by the first strong energy they develop. They may improve the quality of that type, and become more mature, but they do not fully grow or diversify. They do not become a real human. A real human awakens to all nine time forms. Instead, they become freakish, unidimensional beings. Strong perhaps, in their own little area, but narrow and imbalanced. They are only partially awake. They have knowledge and mastery of only one of the many forms of time. Their other potentials remain undeveloped, dormant or childlike.

You avoid this danger by using your beginning personality as a springboard to master all of the others. Aware of the trap, you take steps to avoid stagnation in one type of time. You seek out continual change and flowing. You look for new ways to be, new roles in accord with your essence. You strive for multi-dimensionality.

Normal "fully actualizing" people let the false personalities die. They awaken to all of the forms of time. They are able to grow and change personality types. They can diversify their character without identification to any one impulse. They learn and emphasize other potentials. They are not satisfied with the "one of nine" that is naturally the strongest for them. They go beyond, and add to the first real personality they happen to awaken.

The goal is to divest yourself of all false personalities. To instead become a "well rounded" personality. Such a being is connected with all of their essence. They are filled with many different kinds of energy. Such a whole person has learned and mastered all of the archetypal capacities possible in time. They can adopt or "put on" one of the personalities like a mask as the occasion requires. The particular mask worn at any one time allows the inner essence to shine through, with color and style. The Master is not attached to any of their twelve sides. They do not identify with the various personality masks used to express their essence. Instead, they identify with the Essence of Being, the white light Sun - Zero dimension Awareness - behind all personalities. They are centered.

They are like an actor with a role. They use the masks or personalities as a tool to interact with other beings. When the Ego and the Self are in this type of healthy relationship, the positive traits of a personality type naturally dominate over the negative. Time is filled with meaning and diversity. In these circumstances the perception of time can change dramatically. It intensifies and grows in duration. Ten minutes of peak time can seem like hours. Conversely, hours of intensity in a flow experience can pass in what seems like no time at all.

Normal "fully actualizing" people let the false personalities die. They awaken to all of the forms of time. They are able to grow and change personality types. They can diversify their character without identification to any one impulse. They learn and emphasize other potentials. They are not satisfied with the "one of nine" that is naturally the strongest for them. They go beyond, and add to the first real personality they happen to awaken.

The goal is to divest yourself of all false personalities. To instead become a "well rounded" personality. Such a being is connected with all of their essence. They are filled with many different kinds of energy. Such a whole person has learned and mastered all of the archetypal capacities possible in time. They can adopt or "put on" one of the personalities like a mask as the occasion requires. The particular mask worn at any one time allows the inner essence to shine through, with color and style. The Master is not attached to any of their twelve sides. They do not identify with the various personality masks used to express their essence. Instead, they identify with the Essence of Being, the white light Sun - Zero dimension Awareness - behind all personalities. They are centered.

from : http://www.chanceandchoice.com/course-overview/time-cycles/

IMG_1008.GIF

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Check out this kids astrology prediction last year about current situation.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

On 09/02/2020 at 10:14 PM, Galyna said:

@Adam M many thanks to a wonderful post. I love astrology. Usually i can tell what zodiac you are just by talking people. Can you tell? 

Yes! The book I linked points out which traits stand out for each sign.

Also, it's a very fun flirting strategy to try to guess the other person's sign... I often get it on the first try ;)

Edited by Adam M

On 27/02/2020 at 4:21 AM, Amandine said:

@Adam M Wow, thank you for all that. I'm blown away by how accurate and spot on that reading was. I also looked up my husband's full chart and several family members (although I don't know their birth times), it describes them to a tee too. ? 

Yes! I've had natal charts done for all of my loved ones! It's way too fascinating (and consistently accurate) to ignore!

On 27/02/2020 at 6:34 AM, wk197 said:

I might just be closed minded but I imagined this forum despite being about spiritually would be uncomfortable talking about astrology.

It is good that you are aware about what you allow into your mind.

However, you should just as easily be ready to lower your guard with an open and curious mind. 

Personally, I do not care about astrology.

Edited by SamueLSD

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

Wanted to update this topic. I still stand beside everything that I said in the initial post.

https://cafeastrology.com/free-natal-chart-report-sidereal-vedic.html

Turns out, Vedic astrology reports are more accurate than the standard Tropical Western system. This is because the math on the Vedic one more accurately represents the current planetary positions while the standard western one is stuck in the past positions.

As always, I am absolutely blown away by the accuracy of the personality typing and am excited for the potential for astrology to clearly point people towards their strengths, weaknesses, desires, and potential LIfe Purpose. 

If you've done Leo's LP course and are interested in personality typing (like me) then you cannot deprive yourself of this extremely powerful lense. Use the Vedic system! (it's more accurate).

Type in your birth date, time, and location for an extremely accurate read of your personality, and destiny.