How to be wise

The school system will collapse with increased consciousness

91 posts in this topic

I’ve been wondering about that. Nowadays, when we can google anything we want and find the answers much easier than 30 years ago, what is the point of making our kids memorise things. I’d so would prefer them to learn to be more creative, progressive and collaborative. Is really playing a horrible thing? Isn’t it how children learn, through playing. I think that we’re stalling because of the current education system. I grew up in the eighties and the fast progress of computers was so exciting. I thought that by now we would have holidays on Mars!!

I have an opinion on everything :D

10 hours ago, Emerald said:

on certain issues, I do stick to my guns because I see it as wise because the situations involving them have real consequences.

I don't trust that anyone can reliably differentiate imagination from actuality or real consequences. Not even Leo Gura, considering his comments on his own forum.

I stopped taking myself seriously after realizing that I'm not an exception. I assume that 90% of my pet conclusions about society or anything are trash.

I trust trials and errors more than any one person's intuition. You should question yourself too since you seem to take yourself seriously. You may also be overestimating yourself. Most people overestimate themselves. Recently, I realized I greatly overestimated myself, too. Self-deception runs deep.

10 hours ago, Emerald said:

the primary way that the vast majority people would describe me as would be as nice but a bit shy and a bit spacey and a bit awkward.

People behave more aggressively behind pseudonyms or anonymity on online forums.

Edited by CreamCat

Yes, it was always inevitable but all is well, far more efficient methods will arise from the ashes :) In reality, the only true form of education is self-education. One love!

B R E A T H E

@JustThinkingAloud  Yes, but people cannot become nuclear engineers just by googling stuff, that's kind of what happened at Chernobyl. And also there are useful things that they *can* (not saying all schools do that) teach you at school (not saying you cannot teach yourself, but very few people do that) like languages (try communicating with a stranger using google translator), politics, psychology, money management, counting, history, geography...

6 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Nahm I didn’t understand your question. Can you ask it again.

18 hours ago, Nahm said:

@How to be wise I understand where you’re coming from. Any interest in deconstructing beliefs, ideas of what is, and the identity behind them? In the name of creating, loving, and change? (Your’s, I don’t mean changing a system or administration)

18 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Nahm As I said previously, they have no interest in learning of any kind. And that’s good. I want for them what they want for themselves.

There is a tremendous & unending creativity and inspiration within you to be experienced and shared. A thrilling and eternal liberation that is energetically emotionally magnetically undeniable and  irresistible to any one within a mile of you, let alone in the same classroom. Beyond psychological leadership, a true love of living, a true living of love, a walking talking infectious example of a living  “why”. There is a presence within you that, unfettered, - every teacher, and every student in that building would recognize inherently, viscerally, undeniably - as spirit, the authentic genuine article, the lover of being that all that is sentient can not deny. The natural outcome of which, the unstoppable response to which, is, “teach me”. 

This is simply what is, the actual true baseline, when you are no longer removed, separated in mind, from ‘it’. What you are believing, is what you are experiencing.

What is has nothing on what can be, what’s coming - what you can create.

So I asked, are you interested in deconstructing your beliefs, your ideas of what is, your barriers to your Self, and the attachments behind them. When you deflect that question to someone else (the kids), I hear, “move along Nahm”. And I say...ok. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm hehehe perhaps it was only a misunderstanding as the focus had been on the kids. 

200w.gif?cid=8d8c03585d1da1f646456374451

7 hours ago, How to be wise said:

This is all unconsciousness. How do I know? It’s fear based.

It’s not easy to be a conscious teacher. All the things you mentioned will be the obstacles against it. I’ve struggled through all this for one year before I figured it out. And yes, you will probably be fired very soon! 

Again, conscious teaching is very difficult. It’s not for everybody. But what I can tell you is that, making this transition has made my job extremely enjoyable. I was lowered from a teacher to an assistant teacher. But know I basically get to have fun with the children, whilst I let the teacher take all the burden of ‘controlling’ the class. 

I think you're doing some mental gymnastics here. And this is what makes you unconscious. 

Also, I've worked as an assistant teacher before, and it's like 15 times easier than being a full-time teacher. And one of the main reasons why is because you're not responsible for setting the tone of the classroom and being the energy controller. The regular teacher does that.

So, as long as you, as the assistant teacher, fall in line and keep to the patterns set by the regular teacher (who is probably actively doing all the work to control the class, which enables you to "have fun" with the kids), then you'll be able to ride the wave he/she is setting without the classroom getting out of control. But understand that the only reason why the environment is conducive to you having fun with the kids is because the teacher who is running the class is doing all the work to maintain a still pond. And you're taking that for granted.

But I'm going to guess, that if you have been or will be a full-time teacher of a class, then you're going to have some really big classroom issues where the students don't respect you. And it's best not to bypass these failures and reframe them as you being a more conscious teacher. It's not because you're more conscious, it's because you moralize against the traits that you actually need to be an effective teacher.

And this is probably why they demoted you to being an assistant teacher. The kids were probably eating you alive and not learning, and the administration wanted to give you an easier job. And then you rationalized it as "conscious teachers will be fired." as opposed to "I'm not cutting the mustard with my approach to teaching." Is it not so?

When the rubber meets the road, your method simply isn't functional. And I know from experience. It doesn't work, and it does the students a dis-service. And that's because you're not having high expectations of them, and the environment is too slack for the students to feel truly challenged and to meet with those challenges. And this just breeds chaos because no one can learn in such an environment. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

22 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@DrewNows That is the misunderstanding. 

the reason behind the purpose of this discussion :ph34r:

you didn’t find my giphy funny :(;) 

@Nahm My friend, deconstructing my beliefs is not just something I want, it’s the only thing I want. I’ve been doing this for two years, two hours daily. My growth is the only thing I care about. I give close to no thoughts about the kids outside the school. This topic was to simply state my observations. I wasn’t wining about anything. As long as I’m following my integrity, I’m happy, no matter what happens in the external world. 

@Emerald Youre right when you say that I’m not cut for the job of controlling the class. But that’s me. Maybe other people are. I don’t know. I just prefer not to live a stressful life.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

14 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@How to be wise Tough customer...if I can be used, use me. Otherwise, Godspeed. 

Exactly. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Bryanbrax No. That’s Byron Katie.

@How to be wise If you're more conscious then so will the kids you teach. The quality of their learning will go up 100 per cent because you'll be with them, in direct experience without judgement, assumptions, conditioning, in their moment, every moment. That's the best education they can get. 

Edited by Surfingthewave

It's not going to personally matter to you or your children.

Either you send your children to school or don't. If you don't want your children to be subject to public curricula, you need preparations.

It's simple as that. You are not going to live long enough to influence the education system or see it undergo groundbreaking changes.

Most people don't need to know beyond two or three human languages, basic arithmetic, basic algebra, and basic geometry for most of the time. The rest can be bootstrapped from basic math and human language.

Edited by CreamCat

I suggest that people research the Finnish education system for insight on how schooling will evolve naturally when the conditions are right.