How to be wise

The school system will collapse with increased consciousness

91 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Surfingthewave said:

@How to be wise If you're more conscious then so will the kids you teach. The quality of their learning will go up 100 per cent because you'll be with them, in direct experience without judgement, assumptions, conditioning, in their moment, every moment. That's the best education they can get. 

Correct.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@bejapuskas Of course you are, that's the beauty of it, you just play the game, consciously. Once you're more conscious you realise the game of life, and you can play until your hearts content. Passing this on to kids is the highest power. Whether you do this directly or indirectly is up to you. 

@Surfingthewave  If you actually look at what  @How to be wise  is describing, that's far from conscious teaching that comes from a place of groundedness. He/she probably hasn't yet understood the limits of what he/she is doing, because of laziness to experiment and explore.

@bejapuskas I don't think that is what she is describing. As a teacher you still have a clear role, with all the difficulties that come with it. As a conscious teacher, you play the role in a very different way. I can imagine the battle with your ego about this. 

One thing about teaching. I recently got hired by a father to teach his kid skateboarding. Maybe he just wants to learn but I gave him very strict and precise instructions and I got very good feedback by doing that. The kid wants to spend more time with me now. So leaning back and letting them ask the questions... I don't know about that.

I'm trying to think of something that I would have appreciated in my time at school. I think there is just no right or wrong way. 

Look, every teacher is different and each and every one of them has his / her own merits. 

It's probably best to have a lot of diverse teaching styles.

@yellowschnee  Teaching sport might be different from teaching maths and languages, but being strict is probably good, I have some of my best memories about training with strict coaches hahahaha. It was tough, but worth it, they really contribute your life by putting you down, just as zen masters do. 

I think you are doing great if the kid is interested and wants to persevere :) I am not sure if I understand you, I think you should definitely let him ask questions, but keep challenging him I guess.

I agree with you that it is good to have different teaching styles. I have many good teachers, each of them has a different approach, but you could probably find some similarities - not letting the kids to literally what they want is one of them. They give us meaningful exercises and homework, they are relatable, compassionate and very smart.

I guess you can enjoy any subject, if you are interested in it. For example I started enjoying history and civics much more, because there are many similarities and connections with the things Leo talks about in his videos. I am working on being interested in all the subjects now :) I believe it is possible.