How to be wise

The school system will collapse with increased consciousness

91 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Emerald The world is full of opportunities and money, as long as you don’t have an idea about how it should look like. 

For sure. Luckily, at the time, I was listening to a lot of Law of Attraction stuff from Teal Swan. And I was able to redefine the narrative in a more empowering way. And it's ultimately what's lead me to create my channel and have a career that gives more of the impact I want to have doing what I do best. So, it's a stroke of good luck in the end. But I'm not gonna lie, I think that lady was a ______.

2 hours ago, Ayilton said:

I am sorry Emerald.. I think it's part of the Hero's Journey ???? ! It's a natural obstacle. See the bigger picture. 

Exactly. See the reply above. I'm over 4 years out from that situation and it's much better now, beyond what I could have imagined.

1 hour ago, zambize said:

Reminds me of the ridiculously bitchy teacher from Matilda, mrs. Trunchbull or something close.  

Did it feel systematic at all or was it just this one lady who had it out for you? 

Also sorry you had to deal with that, that's insane to me, I didnt know people even existed that would do stuff like that so thanks for the eye opener.  Hope you enjoy your new teaching job more, you certainly reach a lot more people than you would in a class room, so atleast there is that 

She wasn't like Mrs. Trunchbull.

She was much more like academic, high-acheiving, judgy, attractive young business lady boss who's very assertive and Type A and thinks she knows everything. I'm trying to think of a character like that. It's like if Hermione Granger grew up and kept her high-acheiving nature but lost her heart. 

Mind you, administrators are USUALLY required to teach in a classroom for at least three years before becoming an administrator. But she was in VIRTUAL school for about 6 months teaching, but her boyfriend was able to open some doors for her to climb a bit higher, earlier. None-the-less, she loved telling teachers what they were doing right and wrong, even if said teacher had had 30 years of experience in the profession. 

So, that's the best impression that I can give you of her.

But as for the question about the systematic thing, I think it was actually very pointed toward me. But I think it does, in a sense, have to do with my personality type. I've noticed a lot of leadership types really dislike me, and it's always been that way even when I was a small child. I think I read to them as just incredibly strange and crazy. 

I was actually really surprised about this myself. I had never been targeted out like that before. I've gotten vibes like that, but it never went beyond vibes. So, I actually genuinely thought that if I changed the things she wanted me to change that she'd be taking that into consideration. But she's already made up her mind. Maybe she was actually going to fire me on the spot if I failed to change the things she wanted me to change. Either way, by the end, it was really clear that she had all the power in the situation and I had no recourse to fight back. So, I will never work for anyone other than myself ever again. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

2 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

Maybe you should put more of your creative energy into your lessons, so they are more interesting and that they seem meaningful to the students, if it doesn't seem meaningful, of course they won't have any questions. When I say that some teachers keep everyone interested, I mean everyone, the people who get C- and below as well. Trust me, I teach children and also adults and when I actually do some preparation (it isn't all that time consuming) the lesson is much better for everyone. I am not saying you shouldn't quit the job, but you can definitely do better. If you don't inspire them, show them meaning, and then you want them to start the initiative... Think of it as a relationship, relationships don't work like that. I think you can make any subject interesting if you understand it well enough :) 

It usually depends on the school. For example, in the school I go to the children have close to 0% desire to learn, so I just let them do their things. If I was in a school where children want to learn 70%, then I would take your approach. The action step of the teacher usually depends on the environment you’re in, and how the kids are. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise  Maybe they are not motivated to learn because you don't take this approach? I am not saying you're wrong, just throwing out ideas... Here are some good teachers I found on youtube, by the way I hate physics, but I watched the entire video xD 

Also it is not like people don't want to learn in general, like you could give an exact number, but they actually have their teacher favourites and their grades differ a lot from subject to subject, they are very unmotivated in one subject, but very curious in another... 

Edited by bejapuskas

Systems rarely just collapse, they tend to evolve into more conscious systems.

There are schooling styles which mix learning with play. They just aren't widely adopted because we have a factory farm education system right now. But that will change.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Hey teachers, leave those kids alone!"

The machine doesn't like conscious teachers because conscious teachers breed conscious children. Can't have that..

You are making a large number of demands of the situation which have nothing to do with it. 

Guys I am kinda lost, when you talk about conscious teachers, what exactly do you mean? Why would they fire them? I have no experience with this.

@How to be wise Your post reminded me of this video: 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

19 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Some children just don’t want to learn. The end. 

Children want nothing more than to learn and make sense of their surrounding. Playing is just their way of doing it.
We generally pay very little attention to the pace at which children develop which results in them having to sit still all day and ‘learn’ by the age of 6.

Thankfully, there’s lots of alternatives already and they’ll become a lot more popular.
I have the pleasure to be around lots of people that went to a Steiner- (Waldorf) or Montessori school. Not saying those are perfect (yet) but usually those people have not lost their drive to learn new things and have a good sense of their strengths and weaknesses. (Compared to when I graduated high school where everyone just detested everything that had anything to do with studying and has no idea what to do with their lives.)

School just doesn’t prepare you for real life at all. We still live in a society where people adequate intelligence with being able to reproduce what someone else said. Rather we should focus on critical thinking, independence, social skills and being able to deal with one’s emotions.

The head of the Belgian public employment service actually once said that 70% of children that start school today will have a job that doesn’t even exist yet. Of course our school system can't work when you look at those numbers so change is inevitable. It’s a huge waste of time at best and takes everyone’s passion and confidence away at worst. 

20 hours ago, How to be wise said:

To actually fire someone is a huge decision

I could have been fired in 3 months from my last job if the government didn't force me to be on the job. Without government special interest, your job security could be flimsy.

The catch is I didn't want that job in the first place.

Edited by CreamCat

16 hours ago, Emerald said:

I think it was actually very pointed toward me. But I think it does, in a sense, have to do with my personality type. I've noticed a lot of leadership types really dislike me, and it's always been that way even when I was a small child. I think I read to them as just incredibly strange and crazy. 

I was actually really surprised about this myself. I had never been targeted out like that before. I've gotten vibes like that, but it never went beyond vibes.

Because you were never in a position that could directly threaten whatever little authority those leadership types had. You were just one promotion away from her. That's dangerously close. The woman got her job through strength of her relationships and tried to keep some distance from any potential threats to her authority and job security. You just happened to look like the most threatening competitor at the time. From her point of view, you had to be taken out to protect whatever little job security or authority she had.

Typical private politicians.

16 hours ago, Emerald said:

She was much more like academic, high-acheiving, judgy, attractive young business lady boss who's very assertive

I think that describes your personality type to a degree. That's why you were a competitor to her. I've seen you pressure actualized.org forum users to adopt certain view points. That's similar to telling other teachers what is wrong and right. if you tried to share leadership with others or didn't show interest in leadership, she could have been more forgiving.

Edited by CreamCat

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

because we have a factory farm education system right now

More like educational conscription since soldiers literally took children away from parents and sent them to schools.

Even now, if police officers find young kids on streets during school hours, they could question the kids and pressure them into going to school.

That's quite like matrix that uses humans as battery and sucks time and energy from human cattles.

Edited by CreamCat

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

@How to be wise How old are the kids in your class? 

10-12 years old.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

7 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

Guys I am kinda lost, when you talk about conscious teachers, what exactly do you mean? Why would they fire them? I have no experience with this.

Conscious teachers are those that don’t force lessons on children. If children want to learn, they teach. If children don’t want to learn, they let them do what they want. Depending on the school you’re in, you will either be teaching more if a lot of kids want to learn, or just sit and do nothing if nobody wants to learn.

19 hours ago, How to be wise said:

in the school I go to the children have close to 0% desire to learn, so I just let them do their things. If I was in a school where children want to learn 70%, then I would take your approach. The action step of the teacher usually depends on the environment you’re in, and how the kids are. 

What do you think the difference is, regarding the 0% kids, and the 70% kids? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@How to be wise  I disagree, that's not how a conscious teacher looks like, that's more like lazy teacher who does no preparations for the lessons. I also thought like this, but it is just nonsense, you rapidly loose all the respect from the kids and they won't even listen to you later on. You cannot really think, that they are on the same mental level as you with all the interests... Some of them probably haven't even kissed yet, they are newbies to life. You need to show them what is interesting. Sometimes they actually know so little about the topic, that they cannot even form a good question, you see?

@Nahm The amount of freedom they have at home. Some parents give their children a very tight schedule, so they don’t have time to enjoy themselves. Others have less busy lives, so they have surplus energy to do more complex things. 

As was said in the spiral dynamics book, people need surplus energy to awaken a new meme. If they are too busy, then they won’t have the time to contemplate alternative ways.

@bejapuskas If I came to any school, and asked the kids “What do you want to do now?” how many of them will say “We want to learn.” Very few. Most of them will run to the playground, which tells you what they want.

@How to be wise  They are already forced to go there, if you then also force them to think about what they will do at school, that is just worse. It's like you go to a birthday party of your friend with  high expectations and they ask you: So guys, I have no food, nothing to drink, nothing prepared to do, so what are we gonna do? that sucks right. That is the same case with school. If you just go there and start teaching something that is meaningful, interesting, relatable and you do it in a funny manner, that will bring better results in my opinion. Even the people who normally don't pay attention usually like these kind of teachers.